Lamborghini Talk banner
2821 - 2840 of 3133 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,425 Posts
Are you dealing with Sterling?
No. Initially it was with Downers Grove and I made a post about it, and now My orders are with Lamborghini Austin. Taylor there has been very transparent and very happy with how it's been going with him.

Reactions: Capsfan

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
8,006 Posts
I guess if you place a deposit on an STO allocation, and the order is submitted (Status: 30 Submitted) you are good to go and if not +/-.

·
Super Moderator
3,425 Posts
I guess if you place a deposit on an STO allocation, and the order is submitted (Status: 30 Submitted) you are good to go and if not +/-.
Submitted is fine, they usually are under Validated status though since there are no allocations.

·
Registered
84 Posts
No. Initially it was with Downers Grove and I made a post about it, and now My orders are with Lamborghini Austin. Taylor there has been very transparent and very happy with how it's been going with him.
I initially tried with Sterling to throw them a bone but they had so few allocations they couldn't commit. In the end it worked out best as my preference is not to deal with them for purchases. If it wasn't for taking part in the Super Trofeo series it probably wouldn't have happened. We all run in Ferrari Challenge and they wanted us to come over. In addition to the STO allocations we got some sweet deals on the race cars and associated fees and accessories for the 1st year. Much difference experience in dealing with Ferrari who could care less. In any event, a new STO will be tough to get, perhaps something for a 2023 delivery might happen but I dont think anyone knows how long they are going to make these cars.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I guess Lamborghini isnt exactly cranking these STOs out rapidly at the moment. I’m next up for a build slot at my dealer but they have not received a slot for September or October. Guess the wait continues….

·
Registered
84 Posts
I believe there are still some left over STO allocations to be found. Not every region is sold out. Most of the popular ones are and one manager told me dealers sold out are moving allocations from less demand regions to them to sell above... If you want an earlier car, there is no chance of that, those allocations are long gone and all fulfilled by folks who placed deposits a long time ago and the configurations are set already... The only hope one have now is to wait for a end of year 22 or 23 delivery car, which would be the last bunch. If you are lucky, have money, and can wait, you can still get a STO before those are gone too...

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
^
That's not true. Dealers can't just move allocations to other dealers, HQ makes the decision.

And left over allocations are probably for end of 22 but who's realistically going to wait that long when an allocation doesn't guarantee a build slot.

·
Registered
84 Posts
ofc they can't openly, but some have already done it, i can't say who though for obvious reasons, it will get them in big trouble... HQ gives the initial ones to each dealer, but there are a couple that has moved around and that I know of. If you were to do this properly, end of 22 and 23 is the only ones left that you can hope for, you just have to wait.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I'm in that area but work with the Miami dealer as they support our race team + the local dealer wore me out a while back.
I’m local to DC too and you’re not alone in what you say about the local dealer. I didn’t use them for my order either.

·
Registered
20 Posts
In reference to stiffness, I have driven the demo and think that my AMG GTR is stiffer. Do note that this is a subjective question as we all have differences in tolerance.
Many thanks for your kind feedback.... Appreciated so much

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
20 Posts
The STO doesn't feel stiff to me and maybe it's the tires but the STO seems to take potholes/bumps better than the Perf.

I haven't put many km's on my car because of the weather but so far I'm loving the STO. It's a pleasure to drive and honestly I can see owners using the STO as a daily driver. It's not as raw as some track focused cars. The only issue is visibility but you get use to it.

View attachment 301433 View attachment 301434
Amazing car amazing color... Many thanks for the feedback

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
89 Posts
Personally I don't think submitted means jack until they are able to apply a build slot to it.

Issue is the dealer can have 7 upcoming build slots but submit 14 orders. Then what? My understanding is Lamborghini tells dealer X "you will receive Y STO allocations" and "Y allocations" will show in their ordering system, and the dealer can then submit orders against them but then each month they get their actual allocated build slots, and need to apply those orders to a build slot. Until that happens, I don't think you are safe.

I believe the dealer can keep submitting orders into the system beyond their allocation number and just cross their fingers they get more...that is why I don't think order submitted means you are in the clear.

I could be wrong... Lambo2018 you are certainly the stronger expert on this.

·
Registered
89 Posts
ofc they can't openly, but some have already done it, i can't say who though for obvious reasons, it will get them in big trouble... HQ gives the initial ones to each dealer, but there are a couple that has moved around and that I know of. If you were to do this properly, end of 22 and 23 is the only ones left that you can hope for, you just have to wait.
I know for a fact dealers can "trade" allocations but I think HQ has to bless it. I.e. Dealer X gets an EVO coupe allocation but prefers a spyder, Dealer Y gets spyder and prefers a coupe, then agree to switch and Lambo makes the swap. I know this for a fact based on personal experience.

Not sure how it would work if Dealer X wanted to hypothetically trade three Urus allocations for an STO...I guess in theory it's doable but not sure if Lambo HQ would allow it.

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
This is the information every dealer has for allocations:

Font Gadget Audio equipment Display device Technology

If you're putting a deposit down or you're concerned about your allocation ask your dealer to show you the STO allocations via LOOM. There's customer info on there so some dealers will refuse to show LOOM because of privacy but your dealer should be able to show your order in the system.

Any dealer claiming they're getting more allocations or they've assigned you allocation but can't show you on LOOM means they're lying so don't waste your time putting a deposit down.

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
8,006 Posts
@Huracaan, I have not been following the STO timeline but, as it stands now, if an allocation is submitted, how many months to completion/delivery?

2821 - 2840 of 3133 Posts