Lamborghini Talk banner
2341 - 2360 of 2422 Posts

·
Premium Member
487 Posts
As I said I had the factory race exhaust on my 2019 580-2 for 17k miles. So far I've found nothing that compares to it. Loved the fact in strada it was as quiet as a Camry.

As TjP said above: "Yes on the track it's fine :) on the road it's muted."

Not much more to this story or what else can be said. It is what it is.

·
Registered
168 Posts
As I said I had the factory race exhaust on my 2019 580-2 for 17k miles. So far I've found nothing that compares to it. Loved the fact in strada it was as quiet as a Camry.

As TjP said above: "Yes on the track it's fine :) on the road it's muted."

Not much more to this story or what else can be said. It is what it is.
I was going to ask if the race exhaust fits an STO but then realized it’s a completely different layout and exit points for the end tips.

Hopefully Akrapovic develops something. I suspect there will be a couple thousand STOs by the time production ends and a high number of them will feel compelled to unlock the sound. That’s a decent size market for Akrapovic to serve.

·
Registered
20 Giallo Auge Urus | 2021 Verde Scandal SVJ | STO (It’s on the boat) l
156 Posts
I’m sure there will be tons of aftermarket exhaust if anybody isn’t happy. SVJ is quite when your strolling around town.

·
Premium Member
487 Posts
Some on here are still not understanding the underlying issue. I'll say this again.

EVO/Perf valves are always open in Corsa. In the STO in Trofeo they are not until 3600 rpm. When the valves are opened you are basically straight piped from the cat back. So if you replace on the STO with say an aftermarket "X" pipe or similar exhaust. Is it valved? If it is you will have the exact same issue as the computer controls when those valves open. If you have no valves. Then you will lose STO mode which is essentially Strada. Meaning the car will always be loud and will drone on the highway.

I see two solutions. The first is a key fob type controller to keep them open 100% of the time in Trofeo like they are in Corsa. Second, which is the best option if it's possible. Is to have Lambo program the ECU to have them open all of the time in Trofeo like they are in Corsa in an EVO/Perf. In my opinion I don't think anyone is very likely to get Lamborghini to do that.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Some on here are still not understanding the underlying issue. I'll say this again.

EVO/Perf valves are always open in Corsa. In the STO in Trofeo they are not until 3600 rpm. When the valves are opened you are basically straight piped from the cat back. So if you replace on the STO with say an aftermarket "X" pipe or similar exhaust. Is it valved? If it is you will have the exact same issue as the computer controls when those valves open. If you have no valves. Then you will lose STO mode which is essentially Strada. Meaning the car will always be loud and will drone on the highway.

I see two solutions. The first is a key fob type controller to keep them open 100% of the time in Trofeo like they are in Corsa. Second, which is the best option if it's possible. Is to have Lambo program the ECU to have them open all of the time in Trofeo like they are in Corsa in an EVO/Perf. In my opinion I don't think anyone is very likely to get Lamborghini to do that.
Exactly ! and i cant agree more as i already ordered the capristo controller for that.... i understand the mechanical purpose of the valves but i miss too much the V10 music of the Perf in the city :cool:

·
Registered
168 Posts

I understand the issue but I’d be happy with no valves (ie a true full time race exhaust). It’s an occasional weekend toy for background jaunts that will never be taken on long distance trips.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Exactly ! and i cant agree more as i already ordered the capristo controller for that.... i understand the mechanical purpose of the valves but i miss too much the V10 music of the Perf in the city :cool:
Do they already offer a controller for the STO?

·
Registered
29 Posts
I understand the issue but I’d be happy with no valves (ie a true full time race exhaust). It’s an occasional weekend toy for background jaunts that will never be taken on long distance trips.
That’s easy to achieve. Disconnect the 2 vacuum lines to the 2 valves, and ensure they are capped off (they must be vacuum tight). The valve then fails open (loud) all of the time so you have cats straight through to tips.

Easy 5 minute job on a lift, take off rear undertray and you can (with smaller hands and some patience) get to the valves.

·
Registered
168 Posts
That’s easy to achieve. Disconnect the 2 vacuum lines to the 2 valves, and ensure they are capped off (they must be vacuum tight). The valve then fails open (loud) all of the time so you have cats straight through to tips.

Easy 5 minute job on a lift, take off rear undertray and you can (with smaller hands and some patience) get to the valves.
Great, thanks. Will the be any degradation to performance? I presume the valves create back pressure at the lower RPMs.

·
Registered
186 Posts
RoyalPink says "Then you will lose STO mode which is essentially Strada. Meaning the car will always be loud and will drone on the highway. "
My 610 with factory race exhaust has no drone in any mode or at any speed and this is the first mention I have heard of droning. Is this an issue with open valves on some models? Let's hope not on the STO.

·
Premium Member
487 Posts
RoyalPink says "Then you will lose STO mode which is essentially Strada. Meaning the car will always be loud and will drone on the highway. "
My 610 with factory race exhaust has no drone in any mode or at any speed and this is the first mention I have heard of droning. Is this an issue with open valves on some models? Let's hope not on the STO.
The definition of drone can be subjective. Regardless of that, the issue is you wouldn't want to always drive around in Corsa with a factory race exhaust. I did all of the time anyways with the only exception being highway driving because it can get annoying.

·
Registered
370 Posts
My 458 with the Kline SS exhaust drones in race mode once the valves open. At highway speeds, it is annoying snd I generally knock it back to Sport Mode to prevent it.

·
Premium Member
190 Posts
yowza, stunning. Looks like Blu Augir color?

·
Registered
168 Posts
In regards to the sound of the STO, it sounds perfectly fine to me and actually sounds like a Perf. And this a EU spec'd STO.

Don't believe everything you read on the internet.

http://instagr.am/p/CTxRq9bqGqe/
Why wouldn’t we believe two forum members who’ve actually driven the car and have driven/owned other Huracans as their baseline? Also, I don’t believe anyone ever said that the car sounds bad, only that it’s quiet until the valves open.

2341 - 2360 of 2422 Posts