Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

· Registered
84 Posts

· Registered
84 Posts
It really wasn't for me in the end but I was a tad stressed for both my 2RS and 3RS when I was hit with that revelation the day we dropped the cars off at the installer. One thing he said would not come out acceptable was the "Porsche" on the 2RS wing so I had to order new stickers for the wing. Too bad with the STO they don't send the stickers without affixing them to the car......the best results are achieved when the stickers are on top of the PPF.

· Registered
84 Posts
The other issue worth noting is if the paint where to lift for some reason while you where removing them you would be liable for the repair, I've see fresh paint gas under stickers before leaving you with a massive problem, I'm not taking the stickers because they look like you've ram raided Halfords,
if you want stickers just get you PPF guy to print you some off for buttons and apply over PPF,

· Registered
84 Posts
Help Needed (thanks in advance)
Has anybody got a car or access to one that could measure the width of the white stripe on the splitter on this factory car below, I'm estimating its about 25mm
much appreciated if anybody could take the time to help me out

Vehicle Wheel Tire Car Grille

· Registered
84 Posts
An abundance of chatter about valuations but none about driving experience. Where are the drivers? Lots of cars have been delivered.
I totally agree, its all about values and how many there going to make, trust me as long as the sun goes up and down every day your going to loose your shirt in one of these, if you want to earn money go to work and spend it on the things that make you smile (cars)

I put a post of my car coming of the transporter into the dealers a few days ago with a picture of the Ad Personam part I'd had done and one person said cool ( thank you for your comment Russk)

I've had a perf for 4 years and done 22,000 miles of road trips in it, driving it hard all the way and was going to do a review of how it compares but I'm not going to bother because it all about numbers and values on here I'm saddened to say,

I'm not selling my perf until this STO has proven itself

come on guys lets get back to the old days and share the love we have for the brand and each other's purchases

rant over, apologies in advance but I think it needed to be said.

· Registered
84 Posts
On the exhaust note
I've done 22,000 miles in Perf so know this sound well, first drive in STO to petrol station before drive I turned back for home and put it on ramp and disconnected exhaust valves, (pull rubber pipes off and cap with a small Bolt or golf tee) 150 m mile drive in the mountains and not throwing any lights up and sounds exactly like perf but a slightly different pitch,
will fit a remote at some stage but trust me this car sounds **** below 4000rpm without disconnecting them.

· Registered
84 Posts
this is the sound track you will get

· Registered
84 Posts
I installed the remote controller.
How did you got to the exhaust valve thing??? Would live to see a video or photos i just couldnt find it myself....
You can see them through the mesh at the rear, there not easy to get to, I lowered the rear under tray and managed to get one hand through the diffuser and one from underneath,
there is a small rubber pipe that just pulls off and then cap the pipe and secure with a cable tie,
the system works on vacuum, valves are open on cold start and once engine is started as vacuum builds up they go into closed mode, the cap on the rubber pipe does not need a jubilee clip because it works on vacuum not pressure,
The remote control works in the same way but tricks the system into keeping them open or closed by a simple plug and play system. I had one of these on the SVJ when then stopped doing the re map from the dealership which they did on the SV some years previous
the advantage with the remote is if your doing a load of motorway miles to go on a road trip you can turn the sound down which is useful if you've got a passenger for long journeys

1 - 20 of 61 Posts