Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
I’ve been lurking on this thread for a long time. I ordered my sto back in March and it looks like it will be completed by December and estimated delivery date of Jan/feb. I’m completely stoked and I’m looking forward to taking delivery of it.
Looks great? Verde Scandal? I spec'ed VS...hopefully you don't live too nearby (Bay Area) :)

·
Registered
145 Posts
It’s verde scandal with verde scandal contrast , I’m located in Houston, Tx 😇

Im going to wrap the half of the hood, roof and bonnet black to break off the green once it arrives. Also doing verde scandal on the calipers
You and I will have very similarities specs! Also wrapping those sections but going black trim contrast, blue calipers and fairly heavy blue accents on interior.

·
Registered
145 Posts
The unknown right now is can Lambo fulfill all the STO allocations before the Huracan replacement is announced. As of today it seems like they have time because the replacement H is suppose to launch in 2024 but the STO isn't exactly a car they're able to pump out out because all the carbon panels and the complexity of the confago which is why it's a good idea to take an early slot if available.
This is why I’m hedging my bets and keeping my EVO order even though I have a late STO allocation.

I’ve also heard they are delaying Aventador replacement to focus on EVO/STO production.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Nope, A replacement is on schedule. Dealers will get a clearer picture regarding the replacement timeline once the Ultimae production is done which might be this Spring because the factory will have to re-tool for the A replacement.
What is the schedule? 2024 deliveries? The rumor I heard was no production in 2022 to focus on Huracan but rumors are just that.

·
Registered
145 Posts
When is your STO due to arrive?
No date yet. 6 builds ahead of me is all I know and dealer is expecting about 1 allocation a month so I should be 6 months out before I really know. With that said I’ve literally seen their order system and how many orders they have and all my info so I trust it, just depends on when allocations trickle through.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Does not make sense. Why would i buy the 2018 for the same money if i can get the 2019 model.
Because they are the same car? If ALL things are equal (mileage, options) I could see MY giving an edge but that edge is going to be so slight.
Im not too optimistic on STO on holding its value. I dont really know what that means. Firstly its performance is not vastly improved, that bubble has been burst unfortunately. They should have offered a power kit to boost its power 30-50 BHP ala Porsche Mantley esq. at the very least to equal or beat Performante performance speed numbers. The Huracan replacement will outperform the past generation as per the CEO of Lambo. Most buyers are numbers and spec savy. The only niche is for the art on wheel collectors who like loud, colorful, NA nostalgia. Secondly, Its not a small numbers production model and people are flipping them while they can. Good luck to them. Thirdly, its a pricey car and will take a bigger new car hit . I do hope im wrong on all counts… but buyers remorse maybe creeping in. Now lets hear your take.
Better performance does not always equal more desirable. I would prefer a Scud over a 488, all things considered.

However I think the STOs future depends purely on final production numbers.

·
Registered
145 Posts
if the porsche market is any indication (and I’m talking past 5 years, not just 2021) NA cars will always be sought after by a passionate fan base, even as “better” tech makes its way into the lineup.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Just quoting what was told to me by my dealer which was yesterday on 9/28/2021. I already have mine coming so im not concerned.

PM me if you'd like and ill let you know.
As someone who has both an STO and 765LT on order I'm very curious to hear your thoughts between the two once the STO arrives!

·
Registered
145 Posts
Dealers are often encouraged to put additional orders in the system...it shows Lamborghini that the dealer has interest and is a good signal that they could use more allocations if any start flowing (vs no orders, you could read as the inverse). It doesn't necessarily mean any more will come in.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Are you referring to the lid covering the engine bay? I was able to order it in black along with the partial bonnet and the roof as part of AdP. I think I spec’d mine in April or May (I can check).

I don’t know if there exists a kit just yet. I understand the concerns about the heat. I do feel it‘s a bit ridiculous to charge the same price for premium paint and again for the black finish on top. Bit of a double whammy.
Painting those areas in black would look great but it's a $20k cost...it costs more to paint that area than the majority of the full paint jobs! Hard for me to justify it, as much as I want it.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I was lucky enough to have someone bring theirs to a recent track day. The car is LOUD when at speed...was black flagged for exceeding the DB limit (103) and was one of only a few cars that were flagged (was an exotic only day, so all lambos, porsches, McLarens, Ferraris).

I did not have much experience hearing it at low RPM because this was simply not a low RPM day...or how I envision driving mine either ;)

For grocery runs at low RPM it sounds an EVO may be the better car for folks.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I posted it some weeks ago:
At the end of the day it will be around 2500…3000 STO in total.
They aren‘t dum: The STO earns more money than any other model currently on their price sheet. If they only are to sell as many if they can. And they will.
My hesitation with these numbers is that it's simply not reflected in allocations (yet). My dealer has a firm number and was told not to expect more. However with a long production window, that can change quickly...just saying that as of now they have been told "no more".

·
Registered
145 Posts
I get the sound issue....my confusion though is why doesn't the EVO have the same issue? Is it not valved? Or do the valves stay open in certain modes whereas on the STO they are always closed under 4500?

·
Registered
145 Posts
I guess if you place a deposit on an STO allocation, and the order is submitted (Status: 30 Submitted) you are good to go and if not +/-.
Personally I don't think submitted means jack until they are able to apply a build slot to it.

Issue is the dealer can have 7 upcoming build slots but submit 14 orders. Then what? My understanding is Lamborghini tells dealer X "you will receive Y STO allocations" and "Y allocations" will show in their ordering system, and the dealer can then submit orders against them but then each month they get their actual allocated build slots, and need to apply those orders to a build slot. Until that happens, I don't think you are safe.

I believe the dealer can keep submitting orders into the system beyond their allocation number and just cross their fingers they get more...that is why I don't think order submitted means you are in the clear.

I could be wrong... Lambo2018 you are certainly the stronger expert on this.

·
Registered
145 Posts
ofc they can't openly, but some have already done it, i can't say who though for obvious reasons, it will get them in big trouble... HQ gives the initial ones to each dealer, but there are a couple that has moved around and that I know of. If you were to do this properly, end of 22 and 23 is the only ones left that you can hope for, you just have to wait.
I know for a fact dealers can "trade" allocations but I think HQ has to bless it. I.e. Dealer X gets an EVO coupe allocation but prefers a spyder, Dealer Y gets spyder and prefers a coupe, then agree to switch and Lambo makes the swap. I know this for a fact based on personal experience.

Not sure how it would work if Dealer X wanted to hypothetically trade three Urus allocations for an STO...I guess in theory it's doable but not sure if Lambo HQ would allow it.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Spoke to my dealer...0 STO build allocations came through for October. Anyone hear anything from their dealers?

People still think they are going to be pumping these out?

1 - 20 of 38 Posts