Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 20 of 279 Posts

·
Registered
597 Posts
STO getting plenty of attention on Ferrarichat. Lots of interest and likes, but I wonder how many will actually be lucky enough to end up with one...........................

·
Registered
597 Posts
Love the Lambo astro color designations - Monoceros, Cepheus, Uranus....

Dreaming is free, but seriously, how many here are likely to end up with a STO (salivating......)

·
Registered
597 Posts
I wouldn't be too confident until you get a confirmation that HQ has accepted the build. Dealers love to BS and keep buyers thinking they're getting a slot until they tell you they have no allocation remaining. The fact Japan is confirmed to get 150 cars means allocation is going to be tight and there won't be a massive dump of allocation as some predicted. STO will not be a repeat of the Performante.

In Canada the 3 main dealers received around an average of 4 slots, Calgary probably 2. The VVIP's spec'd the market intro cars few weeks ago so they're confirmed to get the first STOs in April. Beyond this will be a fight for a 1st year car.
I have a better chance of winning the lottery and getting struck by lightning on the way home 😊. At least there’s no pressure on me.

But I’d love to see how some of the folks here have spec’d out theirs (or even that some have an allocation).

·
Registered
597 Posts
That can't be easy, but I am sure you will not be disappointed. If I hadn't already ordered my EVO RWD I think I would be after one of these. I honestly didn't think I would like it, but even the wing is done so tastefully that I like it now. The front bonnet really looks spectacular. I guess the next thing is how will people like the feel of the interior and the ride. The seats should be great, and the harness might take some getting used to.
Fire sale on your incoming? It'll free you up.......LOL!

·
Registered
597 Posts
Dohangs, lucky you! I knew there was a reason you sold your H! Hey, how ’bout trying for a two fer?I’d be all in!

If things work out, and I fit in the EVO Spyder RWD, I’ll be in the market. Will probably keep the 458.

Meanwhile, I plan to see you this Sunday in OldTown.

Happy Thanksgiving to all you lucky Lambo owners (or those that have one incoming!)

·
Registered
597 Posts
Yeah, lots of guys on Fchat talking about the STO. Small wonder. It'll be interesting to see how many actually one up with one, though I know for certain a few of the top dogs have allocations. Some may be on this site.

Right now Lambo holds all the cards, but it'll be interesting to see where things are a year or so out. Will it live up to all the pre-release hype? Maybe all the white hot excitement will have faded a bit, dunno.

But it sure is a pretty car, LOL!

·
Registered
597 Posts
I am stunned by the amount of attention this car has received on Fchat. It’s a complete phenomenon. I think it’s a combination of things, but two factors seem to loom largest: 1). the STO is an unapologetic final embodiment of what made ICE cars so special to so many of us...NA, noise, relative lightness, and hyper focused on driver experience, 2). the entire “race car for the road” ethos. I was perfectly happy with my Performante until the STO was revealed, and then I quickly put my money down for a forecasted Q3/Q4 delivery. Like everyone else, I am super excited. Working through my spec now.
Great comments and insight. In your shoes, I’d be pretty excited as well......

·
Registered
597 Posts
Yes I agree, the dealer would probably never make a written commitment especially because they have no idea when we will see the GPF.
Love the gift Leon!
I asked about 2022s, and was told by dealer they simply don’t know, which IMO is a credible response. I doubt any dealer would put it in writing, though in the case of the STO it would be more than a bit disappointing for a car with such a pedigree to show up with one when not expected by the purchaser.

Going aftermarket is not the end of the world. By then there may be several players in the game, thus allowing for some choice, which is always good for the free market.

·
Registered
597 Posts
I see the Huracan uses a combination of both MPI and DI. Could this enable them to escape the need for GPFs?

Also, what are the odds that they produce STO’s with different exhaust systems depending on the end market? It seems they are already doing so for the Evo so it would stand to reason they’d do the same for the STO.
Better off flipping a coin than trying to figure this one out for EVO and STO.........

·
Registered
597 Posts
Keep in mind MY21's have EPA certification and it's very unlikely Lamborghini will add GFP to MY21's this late in the MY so my guess is if they end up adding GFP it'll be for MY22.

Also there's a new adminstration on Jan 20th so I suspect they'll be major changes at the EPA which will most lilkely align itself with EU emission polices.
Agreed 100%. I have a deposit on the F8 Spider, where the GPF has already been added, so the damage is done. Interestingly, during discussions the dealer brought up aftermarket possibilities with GPF delete, and the fact that it wouldn't void the warranty.

If I were a betting man, it's that the GPF will show up in the MY 22s - on all V10s. So the question is.....will there be an aftermarket fix, and will it void any warranty? Any of course.....how much does it actually impede sound in the NA.

·
Registered
597 Posts
I don't know the laws in the states, can your cars be as loud as you want them to be?

In Germany we can't just change the exhaust and take out the GPF, that would be illegal.
I don’t know about sound, but in the US, different states set their own emissions standards for vehicles. I live in FL and we actually don’t have any standards or inspections.

·
Registered
597 Posts
I disagree, it’s not required in the US so there is no reason a dealer wouldn’t help you out. Cat back exhaust generally don’t void warranties, and if a dealership tried to use that as a basis for not covering a repair it would be overturned in court(I have personally had that experience). The Ferrari gpf is monitored by sensors, Audi and porsche are not, hence no CEL.
Not sure about this one........

I have a Capristo Wizard OBD on my 458 whose purpose is to squelch the specific code (and only that code) from high flow cats. Novitec is making an aftermarket exhaust for the F8, but I don't know if it deletes the GPF and whether it is a potential warranty infringement. If so, it would be too risky IMO.

But at least the bad news is already out with the F8.

But this gets to the heart of my concern with buying a 2022 Lambo (which realistically is my timing). I don't mind buying my way out of the GPF with an aftermarket exhaust and/or signing a waiver, but I'm a bit hesitant to place an order without some assurance there'll be a workaround were it to show up with a GPF.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Was that at the Charlotte dealership? Not much of a turnout; was it COVID or before the official scheduled reveal time?
Yes. There were folks in and out. Was a Saterday before the car was headed to ATL.

I am thrilled to have seen it in person, and am seriously considering.

·
Registered
597 Posts
STO would be in lieu of. FL is more of a EVO Spyder state, roads flat and kinda boring. But I could join a track and there’s talk of a new one coming to Tampa, less than 3 hours.

The EVO is a no brainer, and right now leaning that way. But I won’t place order until this summer. So a 2022.......

Yes Russ, a tough choice, with a 458 in the garage and an F8 Spider on the way. I could cull the fleet at some point. But who wouldn’t want to be in my shoes?

1 - 20 of 279 Posts