Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 20 of 153 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Reinforces my opinion that the stickers take away from the lines of the car. At least for me if you were to choose a color like that my eyes are drawn to the stickers.

·
Registered
268 Posts
So, I got an email from Downer’s Grove now saying orders for this car won’t be placed until September and cars will start arriving a year and a half from now...:unsure:
Is that for all orders at your dealership? Or just the 2nd and 3rd wave? Risky move or not. I guess you could always see how the market reacts to delivered cars if someone was on the fence.

My dealer did confirm production will be much less than the performante, it was an email from Corp to the dealer owner.

·
Registered
268 Posts
From my conversations with my dealer they had told me my build will lock by
Jan 21.

They expect demo units and first customer cars in Spring. I don't see how they will wait till Fall for customer orders. Porsche won't wait that long for GT3 orders

Even the AMG BS has will be locking soon and they are always slow.

I know we finalized the build on mine, got pricing and was asked to send 10% of the price soon as we get confirmation of some AD-P requests and they already have my deposit.

I do a lot of business with them so I don't think they would lie, but I have been working with this salesman for almost 15 years and he has moved around and purchased cars from him at every store.

·
Registered
268 Posts
They likely had a ton of people on the list before that days 6+ calls. My dealer called me to offer a slot. He knows I love cars, knows that I buy and hold, knows that I buy cars, all of those elements factored in. He’s concerned they are oversold, but he also knows people drop off the list over time. That is how I got my 765LT allocation. I was too low on the list until I wasn‘t. When I got bumped for others dropping off, they asked me for money.
My dealer said they never had so much out of the area interest. They are adding only people who are existing customers, in their area, and who have paid the refundable deposit and who have sent in their 10% down payment based on their requested build. If they don’t send in payment they get their deposit sent back.

One odd thing he said was that a lot of builds were requesting only free colors and almost no options which they believe were flippers and being ignored based on their clientele who usually try to make individual builds.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Like most supercars they are color and option sensitive.

I agree that you don’t get the ROI on options, but from my experience people look for more options when purchasing second hand.

I think the issue is that if you have a color that is much lighter than all the light black trim/molding/wing you need the carbon pack or at least the contrast pack in black so it’s not the dull black.

If going with a black, dark grey, then you can get away without having carbon pack or contrast pack black.

I tend to forget roi and just get what I want because I’ve tried before and then I’m kicking myself over 5-10K.

·
Registered
268 Posts
My order was finalized last night. My dealer’s allocation was full. He said he is hoping for more, but he doesn’t believe it will come.

he gave the same approximate time range as you stated.

·
Registered
268 Posts
My SA informed me today that they're officially sold out. There's around 15 people on the list who have provided $5k deposits but it's unlikely they'll get build slots because my dealer doesn't expect any additional slots.
Is that for the full production run 21-22 or just 21. My SA told me that they know they can get 4 definitely for 21.

I’m in the first batch submitted according to the owner/dealer when they asked me for my 10% of build price 2 weeks ago.
But, not sure how many allocations they will actually receive. They do tend to get a lot of cars.

·
Registered
268 Posts
They are exploring being spun off, based on the success of Ferrari (RACE). Would allow VW to collect cash and still retain ownership percentage.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Thanks. So it’s an update to the November guide. Interested to see what the differences are that they list. I would love to see the weight of the MG wheels etc.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Interesting that the US car does not have the titanium harness bar installed, like the ex-us car.

Camera for track pack is on the rear panel.

My dealer is expecting the car after LI, so hopefully will see it soon.

·
Registered
268 Posts
I have gloss carbon fiber exterior on my matte black 2020 R8 V10 Performance and matte carbon fiber on my gloss voodoo blue 675LT spider.
Both look great.
Don’t worry, it can easily be changed via ppf, I.e gloss or matte.
My STO build has matte carbon chosen.

1 - 20 of 153 Posts