Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 20 of 163 Posts

· Registered
307 Posts
Several questions:
1) Do we have any information regarding whether the STO would be undesirable as a street only car?
2) Does anyone have a feel for how much the sticker would be on the blue/orange STO that is in all the videos?
3) Is this a car which should be able to break the Nürburgring track record? If so, what are they waiting for?

· Registered
307 Posts
Would anyone know if Mercedes just bumped the boost beyond factory specs in the GT Black? World's easiest performance boost.
I guess the game of Nurburgring is a tricky one. It has no clear regulation... and can be double sided... weather conditions, tire used, setup used, pilote... factory can just take #1 parts of everything and make a unicorne that will have no equivalent. Also as you can see in F1 some cars can be good at the ring and very bad in spa... So maybe all the brand are not playing this game or gave up.

· Registered
307 Posts
Agreed, looks incredible in black. Black(with mag wheels) was on my list of potential specs.

The STO sounds quite loud in that video.... which makes me even more confused why AMG had to neuter the GT BS sound as much as it did.
Turbos have a way of doing that. I had a 2016 AMG GTS and it had a great sound for a turbo car. If I remember right, at idle it was louder than my Huracan stock but full throttle would be a different story. Then my Lambo got a factory race exhaust and world order was restored.

· Registered
307 Posts
I would also like to know about ability to still order the STO. One large dealer told me that on the first day, they took nearly twice as many deposits as they expect to have cars over the full 2 year cycle. Another large dealer told me that customers had reserved only two or three cars. That seems highly improbable. The first dealer told me that total worldwide production would only be 350 cars. Does anyone know the real story?

· Registered
307 Posts
I was just told by a dealer that they had an allocation for 10 cars which were already reserved (with 2 more on wait list) but that some might drop down since they couldn't get the exterior carbon fiber. It sounded like new news and that most customers hadn't been notified yet. Who knows more about this?

· Registered
307 Posts
I had been set on getting a launch edition but find this black/bronze car stunning. Also, a bit worried about whether I might look foolish driving something as outrageous as the launch car daily. The black is stunning but more subtle.

· Registered
307 Posts
From what I can see, this black car has just the standard color and trim. I thought it had gold or bronze flat trim and thought it looked fantastic. However, someone pointed out that it was just the lighting that gave the gold appearance, so I would have it wrapped to give that appearance. The cost savings on optional color, shiny carbon fiber, stickers, livery etc would seem substantial.
As much as I like the look of shiny carbon fiber, I'm not a fan of having it in places like the front spoiler where it is too vulnerable.

· Registered
307 Posts
I am confused by this talk of allocations coming in monthly. My understanding from the 2 dealers I have talked with is that the dealer received a number of allocations all at once. About 20 for Lamborghini Palm Beach and about 10 for another dealer. They did not come in a few at a time. Then at a future date they are to get another batch. Or is allocation here being used to define when a dealer can place the specs for an order?

· Registered
307 Posts
Put a $10k deposit with my local dealer two weeks ago based on a conversation by the SA that STO should be delivered in 6-8 months. He gave me an order number based on my build but he says it might take a while to get an allocation.. Based on my conversations with other mostly out-of-state dealers, the only dealers telling me they can get something in that timeframe are ones that have an open allocation right now and want a much higher deposit. So I am getting kinda worried my local dealer is not going to deliver in that timeframe (unless an allocation becomes available in July/August). It's my first Lambo so kinda anxious about the whole process especially seeing that my SA primarily represents the Mclaren side of this multi-brand dealership so I am not sure how knowledgeable/informed he is from the Lambo allocation perspective..
So you are currently finding some dealers with open build slots? According to Huracaan above, this should mean they already have the allocation. Are all dealers not sold out on their current allocations?

· Registered
307 Posts
"And the Blue Laufey is $20k." Really rotten of them. Get you to fall in love with a promotional car which already has lots of extra cost for appearances and then to charge a positively stupid price for the color. Against my principles to pay something that outrageous. I've been asking the dealer for the cost of a launch car and haven't gotten an answer yet so I had not seen the paint price.

1 - 20 of 163 Posts