Lamborghini Talk banner

Huracán STO

653607 Views 7613 Replies 217 Participants Last post by  NeedMoreCoffee
So a few weeks ago my dealer told me about the Huracán Super Trofeo Omologato possibly being unveiled in August next year which should be the most hardcore street legal Huracan yet. It should get tech from the new Evo, be extremely light and also have 5 point harness racing seats. Also it will most likely be number-limited.

Does anyone on here have more information on this?
1 - 20 of 531 Posts

· Registered
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
21,941 Posts
That’s interesting, I wonder what else is in the pipeline.

· Registered
21,941 Posts
Can’t wait to see some pics or even renderings. Thanks for the info.

· Registered
21,941 Posts
My dealer has no info on the STO EVO, but told me that the EVO RWD version in both coupe & spyder are now under production.

· Registered
21,941 Posts
Over here you can speak to different dealers and one will have different information to the next. They must not tell each dealership the same information.
Yeah, I have noticed that as well. It seems like Newport Beach, Miami & Dallas are the best informed.

· Registered
21,941 Posts
It’s seems it’s all about sales now. The upper management is thinking volume not limited numbers unfortunately. JMO

· Registered
21,941 Posts
Motor1 reports the Huracán STO will hit dealerships this year as a 2021 model-year car, and use a version of the 640-horsepower 5.2-liter V-10 from the Evo. The report says the car could also stay rear-wheel drive to save weight. Again, none of this official, so we can't confirm specs just yet.
We've reached out to Lamborghini for clarification on the Huracán STO's existence, and will update this article if we hear back.

· Registered
21,941 Posts
Yes, that’s all that’s out there so far. It seems we should have heard something by now. im sure Covid has pushed it back along with everything else. I inquired with 2 dealers and they have nothing to date.

Reactions: Lamblaster

· Registered
21,941 Posts
There's an internal dealer PDF with pics and info of the STO. My sales guy doesn't have the PDF but the owner of the dealership does and from what he saw he told me the arr will have a lot of carbon, carbon front and rear bumper, race brakes, race seats, light weight wheels, rear engine cover like the SVJ. It's nothing like the Performante or any other Lambo because it's basically a race car for the road.

He told they're aiming for a possible end of Oct launch.
That really sounds exciting. But I have to wonder how hard it will be to actually get one. The demand will be very high I'm sure. Love to know the price point, any guesses?

· Registered
21,941 Posts
Who are the good dealers to talk to about putting money down?
The highest volume dealer currently in the USA is Newport Beach with Miami a close second and then there's Dallas. Any of these would probably be good choices.

Reactions: Lamblaster

· Registered
21,941 Posts
Has anyone been able to place an actual order yet or get on a waiting list? I would imagine the dealer will take a deposit even if they know nothing about the car.

· Registered
21,941 Posts
I paid a refundable at any time pre spec lock £5k deposit last year. That doesn’t guarantee a spot.
I have a feeling when this does get released you will have to know somebody to get one.

· Registered
21,941 Posts
Italy is having a huge increase in Covid and facing a shutdown again. I am hoping this does not happen, it could only delay everything including the STO.

· Registered
21,941 Posts
Yes I was hearing $750K AUD with a few option such as colour etc
$533K USD. more than I thought for sure. It’s still a Huracan. I thought more around $400K.

· Registered
21,941 Posts
USD pricing will be more aligned with CDN pricing. CDN dealers think the STO will be around $380k before options and freight. I'm thinking close to $400k CDN without options and freight.
That is more realistic.

· Registered
21,941 Posts
In 20 years pure gasoline powered Lamborghinis will all be rare. I just want to make sure that I have one when they stop production and go to hybrid.

· Registered
21,941 Posts
In 20 years electric cars would be insanely fast and performance would be on another level. Would people really miss current NA V10 or V12? It would feel like driving 1912 Mercedes :)
The only ones that would really miss the NA V10 would either be gone or very old.

Reactions: Leon

· Registered
21,941 Posts
I have to wonder when do the manufacturer’s hit the point at which their cars are fast enough? It has to stop at some point. Most owners of fast cars will never use that speed, thank God. Under 3 second 0-60 cars are becoming almost common now.

Reactions: Huracaan

· Registered
21,941 Posts
An SSC car hit 331 mph in Nevada, so apparently cars have not maxed out on power yet.
I saw that! It is scary to think that people who have no idea how to drive can buy a Tesla that goes 0-60 in 2.5 seconds, they have a new one coming in December that is supposed to hit 0-60 under 2 seconds.

Reactions: fabo

· Registered
21,941 Posts
This just in to me. To be revealed on 11-18-2020 at 4PM CET. Looks like the STO to me.
I just noticed this is old news!

· Registered
21,941 Posts
Yes, it's the STO. I ordered one, I will share the specs once the car is launched. This car will be jaw dropping.
That's great. I know they are hard to get right now. Do you know how many they will be producing? Can't wait to see that beast.

1 - 20 of 531 Posts