Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 20 of 583 Posts

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
From what I heard the STO could be the last NA V10 Lambo. Audi will most likely ditch the V10 for the R8 replacement so all the R&D will fall on Lambo to keep the V10 emission complaint and Lambo doesn't have a budget big enough to do this. Also, countries like China are banning large displacement engines so there's no way VAG will keep the Huracan a V10 and risk the car not been allowed for sale which is why they'll probably go with a hybrid assist V8.

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
I don't think it will be the last V10. The Evo Performante (or Huracan Superleggera) is still around the corner in 1-2 years as well as a Spyder version of that.

But for the Huracan successor (code-named LB634) there is indeed a big possibility that they might ditch the V10 unfortunately..
The information relayed to dealers during the dealer meeting was there is no Performate/SL version of the EVO in the works. The STO is basically the Performante version of the EVO. Next year the focus will shift to the EVO RWD, after that it'll be the STO which will take the current Huracan to 2022/23.

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
My dealer advised today that projected deliveries will commence Q1- 2021- Not limited production.
HQ hasn't decided about the production number. Right now it's rumoured to be 700 units, dealers are pushing number limited. Overall sales of the EVO have been dismal hence why HQ is pushing lease deals across the network, maybe the RWD will boost sales but the MSRP will be much higher than the 580. Also the SVJ isn't sold out, in fact it's very unlikely they'll reach their production targets before the A replacement. Dealers need something exciting to get customers before the A replacement is announced.

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
If its not limited, its not worth it IMO....I have lost alot of $$ on my HP and not willing to do it all over again so soon...
I 100% agree. I'd rather get the A replacement which will hold it's value short term because it'll probably be sold out for the first MY. If the STO isn't limited it's not worth getting imo.

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
Limiting STO to 600 makes it rare? Ha! They made 600 SV coupes and 500 roadsters - and they are not rare - more like just another special model. Look at the SVJ63, or STS and SC for comparison too. Putting a deposit ahead of any announcement from the factory isn't a guarantee of anything or probably even necessary.

SVJ63 is rare and those who got them can comment if deposits were required to get it.
If they build 600 total and they're numbered than it's pretty rare.

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
There's an internal dealer PDF with pics and info of the STO. My sales guy doesn't have the PDF but the owner of the dealership does and from what he saw he told me the arr will have a lot of carbon, carbon front and rear bumper, race brakes, race seats, light weight wheels, rear engine cover like the SVJ. It's nothing like the Performante or any other Lambo because it's basically a race car for the road.

He told they're aiming for a possible end of Oct launch.

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
I was told the STO was going to be limited to around 700 cars, now from what my sales guy has heard is it'll production year limited like the Perf.

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
hmm that will kill resale like the HP :(
It has to be somewhat limited for buyers to fork over close to $500k CDN dollars for a Huracan variant because I don't know how many buyers will be willing to spend this kind of money on a normal production car.

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
I have the first or second allocation at my dealer but dealers have no ordering info as of yet. Usually HQ will tell the dealer around a week before launch at which point the dealers start going through the list.

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
Dealers received their order guides for the STO few weeks ago and market intro cars are going into production as we speak. There's no pictures of the actual car, not even in the order guide dealers got but from what I was told the interior and exterior has a lot of (not forged) carbon fiber. The STO will also come with louvres, roof scoop, race hood, canards, huge wing, new wheels, carbon door panels similar to the SV and of course the huge wing we've seen in the spyshots and there's no spyder, only coupe.

Virtual preview for dealers is next month, public launch some time in Spring. There's no word on production numbers but there is set allocation so each dealer is getting a set number of cars whereas the Perfromante was unlimited for 2 years meaning dealers had 2 years to place orders.

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
I've been told the STO in AU will be over $700k. This is a lot of money for a Huracan but in other markets the STO might be worth the gamble.

I'd also like to point out that some dealers are still taking huge deposits and pretending they can get slots even though they've already been told how many cars will be allocated to them. Can allocation increase, sure but there's no point of giving a dealer say $20k+ for a slot that might never exist.

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
$533K USD. more than I thought for sure. It’s still a Huracan. I thought more around $400K.
USD pricing will be more aligned with CDN pricing. CDN dealers think the STO will be around $380k before options and freight. I'm thinking close to $400k CDN without options and freight.

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
Gasoline particulate filter.

If there is a final edition Huracan it'll be a paint special, maybe a bump in HP. The STO seems to be the Huracan collectors will flock to in the future. It's basically the Huracan race car made street legal, tons of carbon fiber, pushing 640hp and RWD. Can't get any better.

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
As much as I love Lambos I don't believe that they are collector cars unless you plan to hold on to a special model for 20+ years.
Look at the Gallardo STS, a low volume car of only 150 made and basically a race car however the value of them is still much lower then what they were worth new
I wouldn't say 20 years. The V10 will be gone within the next 5 years so the demand for the Huracan will go up. The Perf is already holding value pretty good, imagine the STO which will be more limited and more special.

1 - 20 of 583 Posts