Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I did a rendering when the first Huracan spyshots came out (back when we all called it the Cabrera), it gave me a better appreciation for the design language, and I was surprised at how much it was passed around. So I figured I would do another render, this time with the Huracan Performante test mule. I used a spyshot from autoevolution taken during winter testing, and I worked directly over the picture and tried to interpret as best I could what could be under the camo.

The rumors I've garnered so far are that this car will be the LP650-4 Performante. The name will be "Performante" instead of "Superleggera" due to a lawsuit taken up by "Touring Superleggera" alleging that use of the Superleggera moniker belongs to them. Top speed is rumored to be 210mph, and performance/handling will be improved through use of active aero flaps in the front end that will be used for "aero vectoring." And of course as we all know the car will save weight over the base Huracan through extensive use of alcantara and forged carbon (CFRP).

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Rosso Mars:

Arancio Borealis:

Verde Ithaca:

Blu Caelum:

Bianco Monocerus:

Grigio Telesto:

Nero Noctis:

·
Registered
Current: SVJ, Pista, Urus, G80 M3 | Previous: 610, 580, Performante, Aventador
1,219 Posts
Safe to say the Performante will look amazing in any colour.

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
15,872 Posts
How do you do that Lead, looks amazing! photoshop was never user friendly to me.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Great job. Maybe remove the little scoops at the side skirts and make the openings on the front bigger to fit the prototype. Look at the pics from MotorTrend as the upper and lower opening in the front is probably the same height. Also the wing is a little bit different.

Can't remember but have had the G Superleggeras black roofs ?

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Can't remember but have had the G Superleggeras black roofs ?
Upon inspection of the spyshots I found that there is a clear line at the top of the windshield and at the rear of the roof. The base Huracan has no such line, but the Huracan Spyder does. Because of this I developed a working theory that another reason for the name change to Performante was because Lamborghini was planning to offer the car with a two piece removable hardtop (that would stow in the frunk) - similar to the Aventador Roadster. But in light of recent articles and pictures I don't think this is the case. I think these cuts in the roof are probably from a shared architecture (at least in the windshield/ A-pillar region) with the Huracan Spyder, but with a lightweight fixed carbon roof instead of the Spyder's ragtop (another way in which the Performante could shed weight over the base Huracan). I originally started this rendering at the beginning of December when the spyshots first came out - since then we've had spyshots of the Performante Spyder (man that sounds redundant) and now the more recent interior shots - which don't show any roof latches for removing roof panels. So in short, the roof is black to mimic the Aventador Roadster, but I'm no longer sure that that assumption is sound.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
A carbon fiber roof sounds very possible and definitely will shed some weight off the body. It may then look like the ones from the AV Roadster :

·
Registered
331 Posts
Those render roofs look like a furry black wrap. Roof rendering isn't realistic, its like a black hole just absorbing ALL the light.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I never really had a connection to the Huracan, But the Performante look is dead on. Can't wait until I see the unveiling on February 4th :)

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Can that $350,000 price estimate in MotorTrend magazine be accurate?
That's a tad steep.:rolleyes:
I've been told $350k CDN optioned out so I'm thinking maybe $275ish US as the starting price.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I was quoted about $330 to 360K Canadian.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Quoted by whom? Motor Trend article says $350K US. So you're looking at good chunk more than $360K CDN.
MT pricing is an estimate and probably based on a full spec'd Performante.

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
MT pricing is an estimate and probably based on a full spec'd Performante.
I'd venture that not too many Lamborghinis are purchased low spec'd.
So, that M/T estimate may be realistic.
Won't this be a niche version of the Huracan, as was the Superleggera to the Gallardo?

·
Registered
68 Posts
The dealership in Calgary estimated it to be around $330 to $360 but guess will know closer to March timeline. with any luck they may release some details on the private viewing in February.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts