Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone Happy Holidays! I just recently joined so I hope I'm posting this in the right area of the forums 馃槄. I have a 2022 Xanto Evo Spyder on order to arrive spring 2022 and would like to know if it's worth it to upgrade the exhaust to the akrapovic exhaust. Does it make a difference in the noise? Is it worth it? Only found a couple videos online. Any type of advice would be greatly appreciated. Also, any sound clips would be helpful. Thank you in advance!

Registered
I believe the general consensus on the Evo exhaust is that it is as straight piped as possible, an aftermarket exhaust doesn鈥檛 really improve the sound or performance. It does however set the car at the next level with a $15k exhaust, if that鈥檚 your goal. Someone will correct me, but I also believe it鈥檚 the only aftermarket exhaust that doesn鈥檛 void the warranty.

Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
I believe the general consensus on the Evo exhaust is that it is as straight piped as possible, an aftermarket exhaust doesn鈥檛 really improve the sound or performance. It does however set the car at the next level with a $15k exhaust, if that鈥檚 your goal. Someone will correct me, but I also believe it鈥檚 the only aftermarket exhaust that doesn鈥檛 void the warranty.
Exactly correct. I have determined that there is not a significant difference and certainly not worth 15K. The stock exhaust is fantastic.

Reactions: TTBear

Registered
2022 H EVO RWD on order
I mentioned in one of the other threads there is one for sale in NJ that has the Akro and a member was going to check it out. I never saw a follow up and don鈥檛 remember who it was. I鈥檒l have to research.

Premium Member
I went back and forth on this and after hearing some sound clips along with people that have heard it in person I decided it was not worth it. It seems to have a slightly deeper tone but not necessarily a better tone. For $15 not me.

Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
I love my stock EVO exhaust so I have no desire to change it. So, if your asking to see what the consensus is I am thumbs down on Akropovic upgrade.

Premium Member
I think,I would have bought one back in the beginning, but I had to ask myself, what if it sounds worse? I would have been very unhappy with that decision.

Premium Member
Sound clips only go so far. Best would be to drive and go from car to car for comparison if possible. Up and down the rev range, downshifting - that sort of thing. You may also want to get feedback from the person who had it installed and/or what the installer thinks pre and post install.

Registered
The exhaust is on one of their current inventory car so can spend some time with it. For what its worth, was over there a couple days ago and he started the car. Had no idea it had the Akrapovic but did notice right away the sound was vastly different from cold start. Was it worth $15k...hard to say.

Premium Member
There were some sound clips here, but as RP says they won鈥檛 do it justice. You really need to hear it in person. Especially if you plan on spending that much money.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thank you for the insight! So I鈥檝e kind of been on this endless journey to replicate the factory race exhaust on this LP-610 I drove from Royalty exotics in vegas, I believe that car hit almost 200,000 miles (besides the point, but impressive). Either way, that exhaust sounded so good and I wonder why Lambo doesn鈥檛 sell that exhaust for the Evo. In my opinion, that race exhaust sounds as good as can be and while the Evo exhaust is amazing straight from the factory, I feel the race exhaust just takes it over the top with the extra crackles and pops. So I was kind of hoping for that similar experience with the AK exhaust!

Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
In my opinion, that race exhaust sounds as good as can be and while the Evo exhaust is amazing straight from the factory, I feel the race exhaust just takes it over the top with the extra crackles and pops. So I was kind of hoping for that similar experience with the AK exhaust!
Well, then try to go and hear what the Akrapovic exhaust sounds like compared to the EVO stock exhaust and if it brings a smile to your face then do it my friend. I agree $15K is not insignificant but nor is it a princely sum. Good luck with your quest!

Premium Member
Thank you for the insight! So I鈥檝e kind of been on this endless journey to replicate the factory race exhaust on this LP-610 I drove from Royalty exotics in vegas, I believe that car hit almost 200,000 miles (besides the point, but impressive). Either way, that exhaust sounded so good and I wonder why Lambo doesn鈥檛 sell that exhaust for the Evo. In my opinion, that race exhaust sounds as good as can be and while the Evo exhaust is amazing straight from the factory, I feel the race exhaust just takes it over the top with the extra crackles and pops. So I was kind of hoping for that similar experience with the AK exhaust!
I agree, the race exhaust I had on my 2018 was perfect and even the EVO as good as it is, doesn鈥檛 quite get to that level.

Reactions: SRM Autosports

Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
@SAINTD, then based upon everything you have said I would get the AK exhaust. After you have it installed post some sound clips. Enjoy!

Premium Member
Factory race on my 580 had the most ferocious barking downshifts. It was insane. EVO isn't bad but it's only about 90% of the factory race. What makes the Lamborghini factory race exhaust sound better than the EVO/Perf stock exhaust? My hunch is the size. The internal chamber (think lung) and overall size is much larger and thus produces the deep resonating/barking sound. Much like a larger person having more lung capacity then a smaller person.

Premium Member
Factory race on my 580 had the most ferocious barking downshifts. It was insane. EVO isn't bad but it's only about 90% of the factory race. What makes the Lamborghini factory race exhaust sound better than the EVO/Perf stock exhaust? My hunch is the size. The internal chamber (think lung) and overall size is much larger and thus produces the deep resonating/barking sound. Much like a larger person having more lung capacity then a smaller person.
I remember those downshifts, they sounded like a shotgun firing. I know it would scare the crap out of people close by my car.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts