Lamborghini Talk banner

Huracán STO

883K views 9K replies 263 participants last post by  sprite 
#1 ·
So a few weeks ago my dealer told me about the Huracán Super Trofeo Omologato possibly being unveiled in August next year which should be the most hardcore street legal Huracan yet. It should get tech from the new Evo, be extremely light and also have 5 point harness racing seats. Also it will most likely be number-limited.

Does anyone on here have more information on this?

#2 ·
At a Dealer's meeting in DC last month the Dealer's were informed that the STO will be unveiled during Monterey Week next August. Basically the EVO GT3 made street legal including RWD and the large wing. Info I received said it would be limited (possibly 700) and Dealer's are pressuring HQ to number them but, no decision had been made yet.

#3 ·
That’s interesting, I wonder what else is in the pipeline.

#5 ·
I wonder what "extremely light" could mean. How many Kilos can they off? With RWD they can save about 35 kg, I don't think they can achieve much more than 50 Kilos. Dry weight of the GT3 is already 1.230 kg, if you have to make that street legal...
I heard approximately 200 lbs lighter than current EVO.

#10 ·
Looking forward to this...I have placed a deposit on one about a year ago.

Allocation No. 1 in Sydney Australia :)

#13 ·
From what I heard the STO could be the last NA V10 Lambo. Audi will most likely ditch the V10 for the R8 replacement so all the R&D will fall on Lambo to keep the V10 emission complaint and Lambo doesn't have a budget big enough to do this. Also, countries like China are banning large displacement engines so there's no way VAG will keep the Huracan a V10 and risk the car not been allowed for sale which is why they'll probably go with a hybrid assist V8.

#15 ·
I don't think it will be the last V10. The Evo Performante (or Huracan Superleggera) is still around the corner in 1-2 years as well as a Spyder version of that.

But for the Huracan successor (code-named LB634) there is indeed a big possibility that they might ditch the V10 unfortunately..

#31 ·
Latest info from Factory is :

Rear wheel drive, cage behind seats, 670 actual hp (not sure how many will be declared because of emissions), bigger brakes and different cooling on the brakes, considerably less weight than HP, big aero, units as SVJ (900-1.000). Initial plans for below 500 units are damped (unfortunately).

Only as coupe, and it will go to hit GT2RS Manthey category. Track car with omologation for the road.

It will not be limited and it will cost +-280K euro. Without any extra to add on.

It will be called SuperTrofeo Omologato

Deliveries Q1 2021

So indeed Performante will be the only 4 wheel drive, probably it will help it keep price better. They have stopped making them 8-9 months now.
I sold my Performante this week..and wait for the Omologato..

#35 · (Edited)
Latest info from Factory is :

Rear wheel drive, cage behind seats, 670 actual hp (not sure how many will be declared because of emissions), bigger brakes and different cooling on the brakes, considerably less weight than HP, big aero, units as SVJ (900-1.000). Initial plans for below 500 units are damped (unfortunately).

Only as coupe, and it will go to hit GT2RS Manthey category. Track car with omologation for the road.

It will not be limited and it will cost +-280K euro. Without any extra to add on.

It will be called SuperTrofeo Omologato

Deliveries Q1 2021

So indeed Performante will be the only 4 wheel drive, probably it will help it keep price better. They have stopped making them 8-9 months now.
I sold my Performante this week..and wait for the Omologato..
If its not limited, its not worth it IMO

#33 ·
Can’t wait to see some pics or even renderings. Thanks for the info.

#39 · (Edited)
My dealer has no info on the STO EVO, but told me that the EVO RWD version in both coupe & spyder are now under production.

#42 ·
Yeah, I have noticed that as well. It seems like Newport Beach, Miami & Dallas are the best informed.

#44 ·
My dealer has called and advised me that the unveil will be at The Quail in August

I can not stress more that this needs to be limited to around 600 ( or less ) like the A-SV otherwise its just another model

Lamborghini...I hope you are reading this :)