Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, i've been lurking on the board for about three weeks trying to figure out how to activate my accound. i guess yahoo didn't want to recieve the email... but anyways i just thought i would stop in, say hi, and introduce myself.

first off, i'm not personally a lambo owner. but i'm the family car nut and my brother in law recently purchased a 99 vt roadster so i thought i'd stop around here and see what other poeple are saying about the bulls and if i could glean and info that would help him out.

i regularly participate at several other forums relating to my other instrests, rockclimbing.com, reefcentral.com, dfwstangs.com, supertopos.com and turboford.org, so hey, why not check another forum....

so far the lambo has been allot of fun and hasn't given him too much trouble. its been in the shop a couple of times (two clutch master cylinders i think), but not for anything major. i think this boads well as he's actually been using it as a daily driver for i'd guess about 5 months so far. the dealer thinks he's kinda crazy for that though... any other daily drivers out there? currently he's thinking the clutch might not last all that long, from my reading here and discusion with his mechanic it sounds like this is semi common, the clutch isn't really up to off-the-line abuse, especially in the VT.

this clutch thing kind of disturbs me, in my cars i use $250 centerforce 2 clutches and regularly launch on slicks so hard the wheels pull off the ground. i've only trashed one in my 7 years of wrenching/racing and i think that was an odity.

personally, i'm a car nut of a diffrent flavor; my stable includes a 91 mustang coupe setup as a drag car (stripped down shell, turbocharged 351w, over 1100hp, 9.61sec 1/4.), a 1988 merkur xr4ti converted to a sierra rs 500 cosworth replica (basicly only the shell and some interior is still merkur, hence the handle euroford, dyno'd 420hp, best time a traction limited 11.2) and a 2002 focus sedan (with a supercharger) as a daily driver. (well, thats not very acurate, i take the subway, so its really a weekly driver).

well, take care fello car nuts.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Welcome to the forum Tim. Nice list of cars. I love my Countach, but I am also a Ford man. My other fun car is a 1994 Saleen S351 Mustang with the Vortec blower. I've owned it since new with only 45,000 miles on it. I recently had the short block balanced and blueprinted with stronger rods and pistons but have not got the car completely put back together yet. I got this car after totaling my 1991 5.0 LX with a Whipplecharger on a patch of black ice.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts