Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok let me start off my name is sean and ive always loved the styling of the Diablo. My father is torn between the 360 modena, f40, and gallardo. Weve been to the lambo dealership recently but it is just amazing how much these cars depriciate. My father collects cars and has A few of the nicest most original mopars in existence as well as a newly aquired Maybach 57 what can i tell him to convince him to get one. I also tell him he needs an exotic car and he tells me thats what his vipers are for. but oh well.
2004 maybach 57
1999 dodge viper acr
2001 dodge viper rt/10
1997 prowler
1999 prowler
2003 mustang cobra(mine)
1997 camaro ss convertable
1970 hemi supernird
1971 hemi cuda
1971 challenger t/a
1969 daytone charger
1970 cuda covertable 440/6
1971 cuda 440/6
and to many more to list LOL also the cuda convertalbe is for sell at 325,000 dollars

·
Premium Member
201 Posts
Hang in there. If he's just bought a Maybach, he doesn't really care about depreciation. ;)

·
Premium Member
541 Posts
mhh said:
Hang in there. If he's just bought a Maybach, he doesn't really care about depreciation. ;)
Very true.

As for his stable, very nice collection. He must frequent Barrett-Jackson. Looking at his list of cars, he definitely needs an exotic. No disrespect to Viper owners, but I'd say the Viper has a supercar performance but is it really an exotic? (Flame suit on)

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
also the cuda convertalbe is for sell at 325,000 dollars[/QUOTE]
:eek:
what?
in the US you could really sell this car at that big big price
here in italy i doubt anyone would pay 50,000 or more for it
for 325,000 dollars you can buy 2 perfect miuras, or 3 diablos 6.0, or a ferrari 275 GTB/4
i know cuda is beautiful but at that price is not the best choice :confused:

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
sean12 said:
but it is just amazing how much these cars depriciate.
this is correct for new cars but if you will get an old V12 like a diablo, even better a limited edition ( SE, GT, SE 30....), it will not depreciate much :wave:

·
Registered
13 Posts
E's observation suggests that the term "muscle car" has no translation into any European language...it's just part of the culture here, and a car like that is a genuine piece of Americana.

As for the original question, Sean's dad clearly has a made-in-the-USA streak. My guess is that no amount of Old World / New World note comparing is likely to overcome it. This means that Sean must resort to the oldest, dirtiest trick in the son-vs-father book, "You know, Dad, one day I'll be reminiscing with a friend about you and all those neat cars you had and how you were pretty cool...except for you never had a Lamborghini." :whip:

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
"You know, Dad, one day I'll be reminiscing with a friend about you and all those neat cars you had and how you were pretty cool...except for you never had a Lamborghini."

...oh that is cruel!!! I LOVE IT!!!!

·
Registered
258 Posts
There's a critical piece of info missing Sean!

I suspect your dad appreciates beauty when he sees it.

Has he seen a Diablo up close yet?

If not, that's a definite must. I suspect that he'll weaken if he hasn't
seen one.

This sounds like it may be a job for the roving Lambo Bikini Team !
Oh nuts! That's right, we don't have one!

Also tell him that there are guys who like US muscle, who also like Diablos !
I've spersonally seen avid US muscle car guy Tim Allen in a Diablo, bloor
the doors off a souped up Camaro (I'm not saying where) - in Detroit area!

It's OK!

Larry

·
Registered
258 Posts
scramjet said:
There's a critical piece of info missing Sean!

I suspect your dad appreciates beauty when he sees it.

Has he seen a Diablo up close yet?

If not, that's a definite must. I suspect that he'll weaken if he hasn't
seen one.

This sounds like it may be a job for the roving Lambo Bikini Team !
Oh nuts! That's right, we don't have one!

Also tell him that there are guys who like US muscle, who also like Diablos !
I've spersonally seen avid US muscle car guy Tim Allen in a Diablo, bloor
the doors off a souped up Camaro (I'm not saying where) - in Detroit area!

It's OK!

Larry
I was just reminded we're not sure if it was Tim Allen.

But we did see a Diablo blow the doors off a souped up Camaro! Rather well
done in fact. There was a rumor among the people I was near that
it was Tim Allen.

Sorry,

Larry

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
going to have a test drive

well i finally talked my dad into it we are going to greensboro,nc to the lambo dealership and going to test drive a new gallardo. He absolutly loves that car. As for the prices on the old muscle cars, The cuda is very rare and is a 20,000 mile original car. If that cuda was a hemi it would easily bring over 2 millon dollars on the market. The hemi superibrd he has has 9,000 miles and it is going for over 400,000 dollars. remember these cars are all original and no clones and very low milage thats why these cars bring so much. They are the hottest thing on the market right now. Look in hemmings motor news and look at the prices and youll be amazed.
sean

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
well even if i like muscle cars i have to admit i don'tknow us market so well, so i didn't know prices are so high ( i think they are too, compared with the value of old Ferraris or Lambos, i think there is no reason to pay more for a cuda that for a perfect miura SV, anyone agree?)
tks for the answer and have fun with the lambo bye
:wave:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts