Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My pre-LP Gallardo airbag light came on a while back after moving the driver's seat and I have been looking a way to reset it since then. Finally a friend of mine told me a way he has been using with many car brands and this also worked with my Gallardo:

1 With ignition turned off, unplug the airbag causing the problem (in my case the driver's airbag, yellow blue under the seat.
2 Turn ignition switch on, wait couple of seconds for the self diagnostic to go through, do not start the car.
3 Turn the ignition switch off.
4 Connect the airbag plug. I wiggled it a few times to remove any oxidation.
5 Turn ignition switch on, wait couple of seconds for the self diagnostic to go through, do not start the car.
6 Turn the ignition switch off.
7 Start the car normally.

My friend told me that the airbag system is checking resistance on the airbag leads. If the airbag resistance is not correct, this will not help. But if the problem is bad connection this will help. If the connector is too corroded it may be necessary to replace or bypass it.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.