Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I wanted to remove this vents from my gallardo so I can paint them darker black color they have kind of faded. I removed 4 screws from the under side (see those red circles) in the photo but I think vent grill is held in place by the 4 tabs but I can’t figure out how to disengage them. Any one has removed it? What’s the trick ?

Attachments

·
Registered
788 Posts
Hi

I wanted to remove this vents from my gallardo so I can paint them darker black color they have kind of faded. I removed 4 screws from the under side (see those red circles) in the photo but I think vent grill is held in place by the 4 tabs but I can’t figure out how to disengage them. Any one has removed it? What’s the trick ?
Before you disassemble your car, try some Mother's Back to Black treatment.

·
Premium Member
97.0 Diablo VT Roadster / 08 Gallardo Spyder
1,765 Posts
Wildcat, agree on Mothers Back to Black but it’ll wear off and need reapplication. That said, check the parts diagram and perhaps zoom in on a pic of the part. There may be a tab or two you don’t want to break.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I pulled mine and they came off, used a plastic trim remover. Painted mine gloss black and they look way better than matt or even satin.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Tabs are pretty sturdy there are 4 tabs like hook
Tip one points upwards , bottom two points downwards.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts