Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A friend of mine with a 2016 AV LP 700 - 4 would like to install an OEM Sports (Race?) muffler but he is worried you can't quieten it down (neighbors).

Is it possible to make the exhaust (some way) adjustable via valves (valvetronic)? i.e. you press a button and it goes quieter. If so, who would supply this part?

At the moment he leaves in "street" mode and then turns on "sport" once he's away from his house but he would like the extra "growl" of the OEM sports (race?) exhaust and still be neighbor friendly.

I told him there were plenty of other "adjustable" mufflers out there but he likes the sound of the sports (race?) one.

Are the OEM "sports" and "race" mufflers one of the same?

NOTE: because it has been discontinued, he can't get the "sound" upgrade from Lamborghini anymore for this model Aventador..LP 700-4 - I wonder if anyone in USA still has it (or similar?) in stock?

Thanks ED (Australia)

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
15,899 Posts
Not sure about the LP 700, but n the Huracan the sport exhaust is quite different from the race exhaust. The sport is tame compared to the Race exhaust.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not sure about the LP 700, but n the Huracan the sport exhaust is quite different from the race exhaust. The sport is tame compared to the Race exhaust.
Hmm? Thanks for this - I didn't know this - perhaps it's the same with the early Aventadors? Cheers ED

·
Registered
907 Posts
But..... was there a Sports and Race exhaust for the early AV's? (and can it be "controlled" in some way to make it quieter?). Thanks Guys! Ed (Australia)
No way of making the factory "race" exhaust quiet. And it you run in Strada mode with it can very very strange sounding when the cylinder deactivation occurs

·
Registered
907 Posts
The removal of the vacuum lines are in my opinion the best "middle of the road" sound for little to no cost
Not too loud but better than normal and it.s not too abnoxiois that it's annoying at ALL times to enjoy.
I can live with it better than the full out scream of cat less or even oem race exhaust
Now if you want to spend a bit more there are devices that plug into oem system to allow for vacuum control when you want it

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Now if you want to spend a bit more there are devices that plug into oem system to allow for vacuum control when you want it
Thank you! THIS is what I was looking for - can you tell me more about these please? Some links or where I can follow through on this would be GREAT. What he's trying to do is get it to sound "the usual" in strada but when he puts it in "sports" it sounds louder/more aggressive than the present OEM set up. Hopefully more growl and more snap, crackles and pops i.e. like a Huracan.
Thanks Again! Ed Burton (Australia)

·
Registered
907 Posts
Thank you! THIS is what I was looking for - can you tell me more about these please? Some links or where I can follow through on this would be GREAT. What he's trying to do is get it to sound "the usual" in strada but when he puts it in "sports" it sounds louder/more aggressive than the present OEM set up. Hopefully more growl and more snap, crackles and pops i.e. like a Huracan.
Thanks Again! Ed Burton (Australia)
From what you are describing sounds like you need the "old" oem sport exhaust upgrade software option for the lp700 not sure if it's still available from the dealer, but at one time it was. I had it on my 2014 lp700 and worked exactly as you describe wanting. There are a few current Aventador exhaust treads going I know one is specific on this factory upgrade

·
Registered
308 Posts
From what you are describing sounds like you need the "old" oem sport exhaust upgrade software option for the lp700 not sure if it's still available from the dealer, but at one time it was. I had it on my 2014 lp700 and worked exactly as you describe wanting. There are a few current Aventador exhaust treads going I know one is specific on this factory upgrade
Just curious, concerning exotics that have the expensive exhausts...

is the exhaust/muffler an active or passive device? Otherwise, are there any electronic components in the exhaust? I’m trying to figure out what element or technology is in the exhaust, that makes them so expensive relative to ‘ordinary’ car muffler systems.

thanks in advance!

·
Registered
308 Posts
Just curious, concerning exotics that have the expensive exhausts...

is the exhaust/muffler an active or passive device? Otherwise, are there any electronic components in the exhaust? I’m trying to figure out what element or technology is in the exhaust, that makes them so expensive relative to ‘ordinary’ car muffler systems.

thanks in advance!
So my back of the envelope calculations are:
About $400 in materials, labor. Then tack on $1600 in sales mark up. 300% margins. Not a bad business.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts