Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Boy - I feel like I'm "Bogarting" this whole site. Got dist and coil out and since I'm at it, well might be a good time to yank the plugs.. WTF?

OK - I looked at John's web site for the 6.0, but 5.7 is different. How do u get the plugs out. What's with the plastic/rubber base? Do you unscrew it? If so, looks like you need a special wrench or something...

·
Registered
23 Posts
The plug wire is attached to the plug boot....first, spin the boot about a 1/4 - 1/2 turn, taking care not to pull the plug wire or over extend it.

Then, gently "rock" the plug boot back and forth and it should snap free of the spark plug.

After loosening the psark plug, use a piece of stiff vacuum hose about a foot long to slide over the shaft of the spark plug, then pull the hose out with the spark plug stuck in the end of it.

Does this all make sense?

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
OK..got it... The boot threw me off.... so turn it from the base. Is it threaded so you turn counter clock wise to loosen? Then when loose rock it out..

Also I have a spark plug socket that should hold the plug in place while pulling out, that should not be a problem, I think.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Going upward from the block - there is a big plastic nut, then a rubber boot with the plug wire in it. What's with the big nut (about 1 1/2")? My camera just bit the bullet...wanted to post pix...

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Damn...wish cam was working... got the boot pulled back on wire and inside you see a long black connector (like any car). Around the hole where the plug goes is a big plastic nut.

I'm clueless here cause my parts book has the elec/ignition section missing :)

I just don't know if the large nut is part of the assembly that pulls out or if it stays on the block..

Don't want to just "yank" out the wire...

·
Registered
23 Posts
Like I said, try wiggling it free...if it looks like it needs a wrench, it may simply be because it has molded to the shape of the hex on the spark plug.

You should not need to remove the linkage, but it does make it easier. It just pops of the ball near the throttle body.

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Frank,

if you are talking about the big silver nuts, those hold the cam cover on, they are threaded into the head and simply supply a surround for the plug & connector. The plug connectors just pull off like many other cars.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Found them at ClubPlug.net
Product Quantity Price Amount
NGK-DR9EIX(4772)Box of 4 26.64 26.64

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All prices are in US Dollars Subtotal 26.64
Shipping 0.00

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TOTAL 26.64

FYI: I read a thread on another forum where some dude paid $700 to change the plugs, including labor. I've done this job...took an hour.

Be sure to check the gap and make sure its' to spec.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Only pulled one so far (will do one at a time).. It was the original plug!!!! Freakn thing was in there 13 years... Normal burn, no hot spots, oil, crude, or anything other than "old".

The connector on one coil was broken and both coils look like they have taken a lot of heat over the years. Also found a bad vacum line.

Yeah, lots of NGK... Looks like Bosch makes a platnium - off their offical web site for a 92 Diablo... you can use a 7700 or a XR2CS... about $6 ea. Dealer wants about $50 ea... What a joke... :)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.