Lamborghini Talk banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Vendor
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
10-15whp more than the dyno chart you posted?
That's correct yes. We see some impressive gains on these engines with just a small bump in octane rating.

Reactions: kumizi

·
Vendor
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
If it’s 10-15 more with 93 then what kind of octane was in the car during the dyno run? Thx.
The dyno we posted was on 91 octane, which is (unfortunately) what is locally available to us here in Southern California.

·
Registered
633 Posts
@kotykb

Hey there! You inquired about our Huracan EVO RWD Tune and Dyno some time ago. See this thread for dyno numbers and some more information!
I appreciate you releasing the "production ready" software and dyno chart. I'm really confused why I was calling and emailing back in March/April, asking your salesperson, engineering and Nik (CEO) to please personally call me about the software tune as many of us on here were curious. The way the sales team handled it was by saying the tune is available to purchase but we're working through the development of it (2+ years after the EVO landed in the US), we've tuned many cars but the dyno charts are proprietary to our customers vehicles. I didn't quite understand how you were willing to sell a tune for a $300k car that would void the warranty but you weren't confident in the tune itself. I then asked to speak to Nik about this specific item but was rejected and said he would not be able to comment on it. At this point, I moved on from tuning my EVO as this platform had been out for over two years and you had been tuning cars this long but your team seemed to lack confidence in the tuning improvements and/or reliability. I would suggest in the future to be honest with how you market and sell a product, if a product isn't ready for a wide release, don't pump it on the forums without dyno data, test vehicle reliability confirmation and your own team having knowledge of its status.

·
Vendor
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 · · Business
I appreciate you releasing the "production ready" software and dyno chart. I'm really confused why I was calling and emailing back in March/April, asking your salesperson, engineering and Nik (CEO) to please personally call me about the software tune as many of us on here were curious. The way the sales team handled it was by saying the tune is available to purchase but we're working through the development of it (2+ years after the EVO landed in the US), we've tuned many cars but the dyno charts are proprietary to our customers vehicles. I didn't quite understand how you were willing to sell a tune for a $300k car that would void the warranty but you weren't confident in the tune itself. I then asked to speak to Nik about this specific item but was rejected and said he would not be able to comment on it. At this point, I moved on from tuning my EVO as this platform had been out for over two years and you had been tuning cars this long but your team seemed to lack confidence in the tuning improvements and/or reliability. I would suggest in the future to be honest with how you market and sell a product, if a product isn't ready for a wide release, don't pump it on the forums without dyno data, test vehicle reliability confirmation and your own team having knowledge of its status.
Thank you for the feedback!

We have always been fully confident in the tuning software. At the time of your inquiry, we simply didn't have a dyno chart specifically for the Huracan EVO RWD ready to release.

Of course, it's important to back performance claims with data. We completely agree with your point.

Our Huracan EVO RWD has been rigorously tested on many vehicles since their debut, and now has an official dyno chart to back up our performance claims. 💪

Reactions: kotykb
21 - 28 of 28 Posts