Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Vendor
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Lambo Talk,

We had the opportunity to tune and dyno this beautiful 2022 Arancio Borealis Huracan EVO RWD.

Wheel Sky Tire Car Vehicle

Let's cut straight to the point, see our dyno graph below of showing the before and after dyno results of this 2022 Huracan EVO RWD on 91 Octane fuel.

Rectangle Plot Slope Font Line

With our Stage ONE Performance Tune for this vehicle, we were able to add a massive 56WHP and 45 lb-ft WTQ through the mid range of the vehicle. Peak power was increased by 25WHP and 35 lb-ft WTQ. In addition to power, we improved the throttle response of the vehicle so it's more responsive to your input as a driver.

The most common complaint on the modern Huracan is that Lamborghini installed a pesky soft rev limiter in Park and Neutral. This is absolutely no fun at all so we went ahead and removed it with the tuning software so you can fully enjoy the sound of your beautiful 5.2L V10 when at a standstill. Increased Throttle Overrun (pops, bangs, crackles) is an option if that's the sound signature you'd like from your Huracan!

This vehicle also received out TCU Software Upgrade which optimizes a few features of the transmission to improve shifting speeds by up to 20%. It's a fantastic quality of life upgrade to the vehicle, and it really shines at high speeds when your shifts become nearly instantaneous!

You can purchase our tuning software here: [Lamborghini Huracan EVO Stage ONE Performance Software]

In most cases, you can flash the vehicle with our proprietary programming cable through the OBD2 port at-home. However, some 2022 EVO models are locked, requiring the ECUs to be present in our office for bench programming. If you have a 2022 model that you're looking to tune, please contact us directly and we can provide some options! All STO models are locked in this way, and Lamborghini appears to be rolling this out on the latest EVO models as well.

Please reach out if you have any questions about our tuning software or other products! You can DM us here or Instagram, or reach out to our sales at at [email protected]

·
Vendor
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · · Business
@kotykb

Hey there! You inquired about our Huracan EVO RWD Tune and Dyno some time ago. See this thread for dyno numbers and some more information!

Reactions: kumizi

·
Vendor
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited) · Business
There is no soft limiter on the EVO ... (unless it's cold, then it is at 6k RPM i think, which is still high enough)
All 2022 models and some 2021 models have had a 3k limiter in park or neutral even when the vehicle has warmed up. You can floor a 2022 EVO in neutral and it will hover at 3K RPM almost like launch control.

edit: It seems EU models do not have the same soft limiter! Very interesting... thanks @Leon

·
Vendor
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Interesting. Neither my MY21 EVO RWD nor my MY22 STO have a limiter o_O

And if you look at this Tecnica video, you can see there is only the temperature limit at 6k:

That's very interesting! It may be a difference between EU and US models?

·
Vendor
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Is there a way the computer can be flashed back to stock if you have to take your car in for service? Will they know that it has been flashed?
With our programming tool you can flash the vehicle to its factory programming.

Dealerships do have the capability to see if a vehicle has been flashed. They will not necessarily know what the vehicle was programmed with, only that it did at one point have 3rd party software installed onto the vehicle. In most cases, dealerships will not void warranties as long as the vehicle has stock software when it's taken to them.

·
Vendor
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · · Business
Wow thank you for creating this thread. We’ve been waiting.
Those are good gains. Improved throttle response is a big plus so I don’t have to get a sprint booster. Also the first company to offer TCU tuning for the EVO I think.

Id like to hear a little more about the TCU tuning and how it interacts with the different driving modes. Is it only more aggressive in Corsa?
The Transmission software will improve the shifting speeds in all three driving modes. In Strada, the vehicle's automatic shifting behavior will remain the same, just quicker across the board. In Sport and Corsa is where you will feel the most improvement, because of course you are manually shifting. At high speeds is where the TCU Software really shines, you will be shifting almost instantaneously.

·
Vendor
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · · Business
I have a 21 with soft limiter. LAME!
Very interested in this tune. Do you have a 93 tune too?
The ECU Software is calibrated to adapt to higher octane fuels, and will pull extra power from the higher quality fuel. On 93, you could expect to see an additional 10-15 HP.

These engines absolutely love higher octane fuel.

·
Vendor
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
10-15whp more than the dyno chart you posted?
That's correct yes. We see some impressive gains on these engines with just a small bump in octane rating.

·
Vendor
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
If it’s 10-15 more with 93 then what kind of octane was in the car during the dyno run? Thx.
The dyno we posted was on 91 octane, which is (unfortunately) what is locally available to us here in Southern California.

·
Vendor
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 · · Business
I appreciate you releasing the "production ready" software and dyno chart. I'm really confused why I was calling and emailing back in March/April, asking your salesperson, engineering and Nik (CEO) to please personally call me about the software tune as many of us on here were curious. The way the sales team handled it was by saying the tune is available to purchase but we're working through the development of it (2+ years after the EVO landed in the US), we've tuned many cars but the dyno charts are proprietary to our customers vehicles. I didn't quite understand how you were willing to sell a tune for a $300k car that would void the warranty but you weren't confident in the tune itself. I then asked to speak to Nik about this specific item but was rejected and said he would not be able to comment on it. At this point, I moved on from tuning my EVO as this platform had been out for over two years and you had been tuning cars this long but your team seemed to lack confidence in the tuning improvements and/or reliability. I would suggest in the future to be honest with how you market and sell a product, if a product isn't ready for a wide release, don't pump it on the forums without dyno data, test vehicle reliability confirmation and your own team having knowledge of its status.
Thank you for the feedback!

We have always been fully confident in the tuning software. At the time of your inquiry, we simply didn't have a dyno chart specifically for the Huracan EVO RWD ready to release.

Of course, it's important to back performance claims with data. We completely agree with your point.

Our Huracan EVO RWD has been rigorously tested on many vehicles since their debut, and now has an official dyno chart to back up our performance claims. 💪

Reactions: kotykb
1 - 10 of 10 Posts