Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a way to keep the shoulder air intakes open on a 2003 Murcielago? I notice that they close as soon as I start moving.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Those shoulder air intakes are for cooling the engine if the engine is hot or feeling warm, they close as soon as the engine is cooled down and open when the engine feels some heat, it all depends on the weather/environment your living in, here in Kuwait you see all Lamborghini Murcielagos shoulder air intakes are open all the time because of the heat we have here in the middle-east, its very hot with humidity gets in summer times 45c-52c and in nights low 40c, thats why all air intakes keeps opening and as far as how to keep them open, i think there is a button or something, i am not sure cuz i don't own a Murcielago, I own a 2005 Orange Gallardo which doesn't satisfy me with the sound and power the older brother Murcielago produces :D

·
Premium Member
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, there is a button inside to open the shoulder intakes. But as soon as I start driving, the intakes start to close. I was just wondering if someone knows of a way to override.

·
Premium Member
1,460 Posts
No they stay down but here in NYC on hot days they are up all the time - looks pretty cool when your driving and having them up!!

·
Registered
75 Posts
air vents

only other way is to keep them up permanently.
in order to do this you must turn the car on the press the button for the wings after they are fully raised open the rear bonnet and shut off the car with the main switch.

this will cause the wings to stay up until your dealer resets the system. :D

·
Registered
49 Posts
There is a sequence of key on , key off, and depressing the button, which enables you to open and close to any level. I have used it at car shows to open them. The deployable wing also opens and closes when you perform this function.

·
Premium Member
1,460 Posts
aztec1382 said:
only other way is to keep them up permanently.
in order to do this you must turn the car on the press the button for the wings after they are fully raised open the rear bonnet and shut off the car with the main switch.

this will cause the wings to stay up until your dealer resets the system. :D

I did this and my wings are up - and are staying there - is there any way for me to rest the system?

·
Registered
4,610 Posts
HAs to be reset via the computer under the passanger seat...unless you have the software and the codes only your dealer can do it..expect a good $250.00 charge.

·
Premium Member
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
YellowMurci said:
I did this and my wings are up - and are staying there - is there any way for me to rest the system?
YellowMurci,

So is this what you did? You have the engine running, then pressed the button to raise the vents fully, then opened the engine bonnet, then turned the ignition off, then closed the engine bonnet. And with this sequence, your side air vents stay open fully. Is that correct?

·
Premium Member
1,460 Posts
zzoorrkk said:
YellowMurci,

So is this what you did? You have the engine running, then pressed the button to raise the vents fully, then opened the engine bonnet, then turned the ignition off, then closed the engine bonnet. And with this sequence, your side air vents stay open fully. Is that correct?

you hit it right on the head! thats exactly what I did!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts