Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

My right parking light has gone dark. Does anyone know how you replace the broken light bulb? The owners manual refers to your nearest Lamborghini service dealer but it can´t be that hard to fix.

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
10,242 Posts
Which one acts as the parking light? We don't have these things in North America.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Does anyone know how you replace the broken light bulb? Thanks.
Are you referring to the small bulb in the bottom corner of the headlight cluster, or the bulbs in the side marker lights in the fenders? Also: Gallardo or LP560?

The small bulbs in the Gallardo headlight clusters can be accessed by removing the black plastic trim along the side of the front trunk bucket. You'll have to temporarily disconnect the gas cylinder strut first. I replaced the bulb with a Sylvania 3893LL (13.5V, 4Watt) bulb. It's not an exact match, but close enough to fit the socket.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Are you referring to the small bulb in the bottom corner of the headlight cluster, or the bulbs in the side marker lights in the fenders? Also: Gallardo or LP560?

The small bulbs in the Gallardo headlight clusters can be accessed by removing the black plastic trim along the side of the front trunk bucket. You'll have to temporarily disconnect the gas cylinder strut first. I replaced the bulb with a Sylvania 3893LL (13.5V, 4Watt) bulb. It's not an exact match, but close enough to fit the socket.
It's a Gallardo and the lamp I referring to is the small one in the bottom of the headlights. There is a small hatch that you can open and actually feel the cable but i am not sure that is the way to do it. When you say disconnect the gas cylinder strut, do you refer to the Xenon light?

·
Premium Member
10,242 Posts
It's a Gallardo and the lamp I referring to is the small one in the bottom of the headlights. There is a small hatch that you can open and actually feel the cable but i am not sure that is the way to do it. When you say disconnect the gas cylinder strut, do you refer to the Xenon light?
No, he means the strut that holds the hood up. It's mounted through the plastic trim you have to remove so you have to disconnect it first then remove the trim.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Which one acts as the parking light? We don't have these things in North America.
Looks like someone didn't do all the necessary modifications when they brought their Lambo from US... haha. One of the requirements are the daylight running lights, which I am almost certain are also considered the parking lights (the small bulbs in the front headlights).

I hope you turn on your lights when driving behind a cop!

·
Premium Member
10,242 Posts
Looks like someone didn't do all the necessary modifications when they brought their Lambo from US... haha. One of the requirements are the daylight running lights, which I am almost certain are also considered the parking lights (the small bulbs in the front headlights).

I hope you turn on your lights when driving behind a cop!
I did the DRLs :) Parking light in europe are typically the corner "blinkers" on at a lower voltage and on solid. The idea is that when you park on a very narrow european street people will see your car parked there, and they're meant to be kept on all night.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Did you convert your Gallardo from Euro specs to U.S. compliant? If so I have a lot of questions for you. I have an 08'Spyder with GCC specs I am wanting to convert and bring home and could use some pointers

1 - 8 of 8 Posts