Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
I have already lost one number plate that dropped off somewhere unknown - just wondering how you all attach your rear plates?

It seems that double sided tape lets go due to heat?

Any advice appreciated!
:)

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
15,867 Posts
My rear license plates have factory screws and cannot fall off. In fact I haven't seen any cars that is not setup from the factory. Only in the rear. I guess it's possible that Lamborghini Newport Beach installed the mounting plates, however I saw them when the car first came in and was being unwrapped.

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Greetings and salutations and welcome to Lamborghini Talk, Bully69! :)
I'm interested in knowing how a plate fell off. Was it not screwed on? As Russk pointed out, that is the usual procedure. I've never heard of this happening on the rear plate...the front plate, maybe, if the car doesn't have a proper mounting frame to accommodate a plate (as some cars don't since their state/province doesn't require a front plate), but I've not heard of such an issue with the back plate.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the responses and welcome!

I will try the 3m stuff if I can find it here in Australia..

Also there was no frame or mount for the rear one at all...can someone post what it looks like please?
:D

·
Registered
Huracan Performante TT
1,157 Posts
Hey mate

I bought 3M tape on eBay

The only way to remove the plate now is with a heat gun

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
I dunno how it is elsewhere but here in the States we have a small plate mounting bracket in the back of all cars where the plates mount and screw in to.

·
Premium Member
1,805 Posts
Hey mate

I bought 3M tape on eBay

The only way to remove the plate now is with a heat gun
I got my 3M industrial double sided tape from local Bunnings:)

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Are lost plates a common issue in Australia? I would imagine that the 3M tape is how most if not all plates are mounted? I think this is normal practice in the UK as well. Here in the states, all of our plates are mounted with screws, so we don't have this issue.

I would try the 3M exterior mounting tape. I had the side door molding come off on a car I had, and this stuff worked very well. Held through all kinds of weather with no problem.

LINK: Amazon.com: Scotch Exterior Mounting Tape, 1-Inch by 60-Inch: Home Improvement

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
15,867 Posts
I used Velcro tape for my safety inspection late and it worked perfectly, and easily removable if needed.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks all - I rigged up a t bracket and hung the plate off that - good so far!

·
Registered
173 Posts
make sure you use the double sided vertically so water does not pond also use some chair footpads on the corners. in QLD YOU CAN GET FLEXI PLATES MADE FROM PERSPEX CHECK IF YOU CAN GET THEM IN NSW

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts