Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am wondering how it is possible to adjust the valve clearance on the P300 without the original tool to push the valves down and to remove the shims?

Do you guys use any trick? or a self made tool? or is it possible to push down the valve with a modified screwdriver while another person is fishing out the valve shim with a magento?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
I am wondering how it is possible to adjust the valve clearance on the P300 without the original tool to push the valves down and to remove the shims?

Do you guys use any trick? or a self made tool? or is it possible to push down the valve with a modified screwdriver while another person is fishing out the valve shim with a magento?
I remember this coming up a very long time ago. I think the person involved made their own tool similar to the one you pictured.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is anyone else interested in such a tool??
We plan to manufacture this tool ourself...

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
I fabricated something to do the trick. THe secret is to rotate the cam to open the valve then use a tool to hold the spring down while rotating the cam on around to let the shim come out. There is no fast way to do it. I would make sure the tool is pretty stout. Mine was pretty weird looking since the springs are pretty well shielded. I think I made mine from plate aluminum and tapped the holes at an angle to hold down the spring using a hardened bolt ground down to a point. The plate mounted to the cover bolt holes . You have to move it around on the head. I also made another one that was u shaped and used the cam( shaft part) to hold down. It looked kinda like a small box with hooks for 2 srms The other side was open to let the shim out. The plate one worked better. Le

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Looks pretty functional. Did you use the plate to hold the tool down?

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
That is what I did on mine also. I just tapped holes at an angle instead then used tapered bolts as hold downs. Lee

1 - 9 of 9 Posts