Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had very little response in asking for help on this simple issue, combined with misleading information posted on Lamboweb.

I set up my TPS as described and illustrated, couldn't get rid of 12 flashes, both check engine lights.

I finally figured it out for myself.

TPS is fed by two inputs of 5 volts and a return at 0 volts. The workshop manual has the following diagram enslosed as attachment. Although the diagram is not scaled or labelled, the answer was there all along.

On the voltage scale I finally realised that there should be a voltage output even when the throttles are fully closed. Although the diagram is not scaled, it suggests this voltage should be about 0.75 volts. This means that the resistance between contacts A and B on the TPS at idle should be about 90 ohms. [not 4 ohms as described on Lamboweb].

I set it to this and guess what ....no check engine lights.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Thanks for correcting voltage error Mike. It makes more sense that the voltage gradient would be over 5 volts rather than 12 since the whole LIE computer is TTL/CMOS based logic and would need a 5 volt imput drop from the potiometer to be compatable. Indeed looking at most circuits surrounding the LIE computer they are 5 volts with relays when 12 volts are required.

As to the 90 Ohms versus 4 Ohms. On pots like these thats a small difference. All I can say is that 90 worked for me. It may be that it's different for later cars. Mine is a 6.0L 2001. Yours was an early model if I remember correctly. Also, generally in electronics one measures the slope of a curve from a pot like this rather than the absolute value. I would guess this is what the LIE computer uses during the "learning process" when it is reset.

Anyway, I will update the lamboweb site accordingly.

While we are on this. I would be interseted to know if a similar TPS system exists for the Gallardo and Murcielago. Could somebody take a look.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Raymond, there's only one better feeling, and that is learning from other people's mistakes.

Took the diablo out this afternoon for a spanking, all I can say is that the grin is from ear to ear.........one really really baaaadasss car.

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Mike,
sorry I couldn't have been more help, the last few weeks of the year have been crazy getting work done and has taken all my time.

CONGRATS are in order for your perserverance in tracking down the solution!!!!

and thank you for the final feedback!!

Happy New Year!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts