Lamborghini Talk banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
My 2005 Gated G has been reliable for 5000+ miles so far. Sometimes the 1-5 6-10 CEL warning comes on... but the notes coming out of the custom LOC exhaust are worth it.

I have found that some of the interior parts can be a little brittle and wear pretty fast but the overall mechanics of my Gallardo seem more reasonable that MANY of the nice euros I have owned in the same era.

·
Registered
29 Posts
2013 LP550-2 purchased October 2019 w 9100 miles - have put about 10k miles on it - it's been rock solid. From what I understand, many of the issues with the first gen cars were solved on the LP cars. All I've done so far is replace spark plugs at 15k miles and annual oil changes. Feels like it could easily be a daily driver. Only mods are a Eurocharged software upgrade and Capristo exhaust.

·
Registered
157 Posts
I have a 50k kms gallardo, put 6k kms on it, first issue egear error so I changed egear pump + accumalator + egear relay, changed the egear fluid and goes fine....
Some oil leaks issues but solved.
EPC error for 1 second and dissaperead.
Some trothle body issue from Sprint Booster, I'm waiting for a new one...
Interior mirror leak changed for the manual mirror...
Interior switch recondicioned.
Damn Love this car :)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Newer cars are more sensitive to low voltage issues from a battery that has seen better days. Have someone check the voltage output and if it's on the low side replace the battery. If you do need a new battery use a battery maintainer to keep it fully charged. Ask me how I know...

·
Premium Member
2013 Lamborghini Gallardo Final Edition
151 Posts
I came from 2015 R8, switched to 2013 LP560. The R8 had 0 problems but I had wanted an LP for a LONG time.

So far driver side DRL is out, needs to be opened to check the DRL board. AC just stopped working @ 20k miles. So far I recharged it and ac pressure switch but still nothing. Next is heater control valve.

Aside from that it’s solid solid. I do miss the sound system from the R8. I upgraded my G and still doesn’t sound as good as the stock R8 system

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
My 2005 Gated G has been reliable for 5000+ miles so far. Sometimes the 1-5 6-10 CEL warning comes on...
I face the same sutuation. Those codes show up periodically. Unexplainable.

·
Registered
462 Posts
I've had my '06 since new, so it's coming up on sixteen years now, about 18k miles. It's had an a/c compressor fail, passenger seat belt tensioner wore out, and the soft top hydraulic cylinders both failed. The oem brake rotors warped so I swapped those for Girodisc rotors. I think that's been it for the major issues though, so all in all it's probably averaged less than $1500/yr to maintain.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts