Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Black/Cream Gallardo LP550-4
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2010 LP550-4 Spyder, 20k miles.

I've owned it since end of April this year (2022)...and I've maybe had it drivable and in my possession for 4 or 5 weeks total? (out of 13 weeks)

It seems to find new ways to break, within a week of me getting it out of the shop.

Drop top sensor problems, intermittent E-gear warning lights, check engine lights after E-gear warning lights, on and on.

Will this ever end? Do I have a lemon?

How is yours holding up?

·
Registered
282 Posts
Mines good. I do the annual maintenance based on factory recommendations and no issues other than the occasional neutral at a light, pop to 1st gear on green but it delays a few seconds and goes to 2nd instead.

I just act like I was on my phone and didn’t see the light turn green then put it back to first.

Sounds like you might have a lady that needs extra attention -like an instagram model.

08 G Spyder with almost 20k miles.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I met a guy with 170K miles on his Gallardo. He usually drives from Indiana to Monterey. Another one had 130K on an SL. My friend has over 20K on an 09 with no issues besides routine maintenance. The ones with issues are the ones that sat or were not owned by real car people before.

·
Registered
282 Posts
I met a guy with 170K miles on his Gallardo. He usually drives from Indiana to Monterey. Another one had 130K on an SL. My friend has over 20K on an 09 with no issues besides routine maintenance. The ones with issues are the ones that sat or were not owned by real car people before.
Original engines on those 130 and 170k? That’s wild.

·
Premium Member
97.0 Diablo VT Roadster / 08 Gallardo Spyder
1,936 Posts
08 G Spyder, I put 7k miles in 2 years, now has 13K, no issues other than small cosmetic issue with a flap on the Spyder top and headlight bulb.

sorry you are having troubles. Did you get a PPI when you bought the car? If so what did it say? If not you might take your car to a Lamborghini certified service shop.

·
Registered
649 Posts
I wonder if your car has been tracked a lot in an earlier life? I've got a 2004 Egear with 50,000 miles on it - had it for 10+ years - rock solid just a new clutch about 5 years ago. Sounds like you've got a lemon (or a McLaren ;) ;)?).

·
Registered
140 Posts

I've owned it since end of April this year (2022)...and I've maybe had it drivable and in my possession for 4 or 5 weeks total? (out of 13 weeks)

It seems to find new ways to break, within a week of me getting it out of the shop.

Drop top sensor problems, intermittent E-gear warning lights, check engine lights after E-gear warning lights, on and on.

How is yours holding up?
I've owned 3 Gallardo's, and 2 of them had regular check engine light issues (those 1-5 and 6-10 lights used to give me sleepless nights, but was never serious). A few of my friends who have owned Gs had the same issues.... I would recommend you get yourself an OBDII device... the lambo codes are available on line... Plug it in then communicate the issue to your mechanic and he may advise it's OK until the next service, if a minor issue... the OBDII also clears the check engine lights... and sometimes it doesn't come back! If you've brought an 2010 LP-550-4 with 20K miles and a decent service history i doubt very much you've brought a lemon... they're just delicate cars... enjoy it!

·
Registered
53 Posts

How is yours holding up?
I purchased my 06 Spyder in July of 2021 with 19k miles I put almost 1,000 on it no issues no lights only maintenance was an oil change, mods I've done are race pipes, x pipe and a sprint booster. I'm very careful with reversing so much that I push it out of the garage just to try to save the clutch as much as I can 🤣 very solid car so far.

·
Registered
282 Posts
I've owned 3 Gallardo's, and 2 of them had regular check engine light issues (those 1-5 and 6-10 lights used to give me sleepless nights, but was never serious). A few of my friends who have owned Gs had the same issues.... I would recommend you get yourself an OBDII device... the lambo codes are available on line... Plug it in then communicate the issue to your mechanic and he may advise it's OK until the next service, if a minor issue... the OBDII also clears the check engine lights... and sometimes it doesn't come back! If you've brought an 2010 LP-550-4 with 20K miles and a decent service history i doubt very much you've brought a lemon... they're just delicate cars... enjoy it!
ah yes, I get those lights too ever since I put LOC exhaust on it. 15mins of driving and it’s like clockwork that the lights come on. Turning off the ignition then back on 5x wipes mine clean.

·
Registered
SL #7007
1,056 Posts
30k miles on the clock. Only issue is a pressure sensor blew knocking out my AC. $120 part and $150 with of gear on Amazon to fix it. But now I developed a very slow single drip oil leak…. Fml….

Reactions: ChuckBeaver

·
Registered
2010 Black/Cream Gallardo LP550-4
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
08 G Spyder, I put 7k miles in 2 years, now has 13K, no issues other than small cosmetic issue with a flap on the Spyder top and headlight bulb.

sorry you are having troubles. Did you get a PPI when you bought the car? If so what did it say? If not you might take your car to a Lamborghini certified service shop.
Yep, got PPI, everything checked out. And I've been at the certified Lambo service center with every problem since, so.....maybe it's the car :)

·
Registered
2008 superleggera, 2009 C63 , Superformance Cobra , evo 6:5 Tommi Mak , 1976 LX SS torana
64 Posts
49000:miles in a 2008:SL

oil pump shaft repair, engine mounts, and other than that just regular maintenance. I have personally Done more track Klms than road Klms since I’ve owned this car and it’s been flawless . Just gotta keep an eye on oil usage .

·
Registered
835 Posts
My 2004 has 67k miles now. I have owned it since 2008.

It had an electrical issue and one of the body control computers fried, that cost about $1800 to fix at Lambo Dallas (windows quit working and lights wouldn't come on).

I had another issue with the door switch, I locked my car when it was in the garage (why I don't know I don't do this) and the battery went dead I had to use the key to unlock the door. Well the microswitch in the door got stuck since probably the first time used, since these cars use Audi electronics the Audis had a feature that when you put your key in the door and hold it in the unlock position the windows roll down and the door unlock. I would walk away from my car with the widows up and locked only to come back and the windows down and doors unlocked. Lambo Dallas didn't charge me too much but they had never seen this at the time and it took a while to figure out.

The A/C compressor died in 2015 somewhere around 45k miles, it is a stupid design Audi chose for their V8s.

I had an e-gear leak that lead to an actuator failure that cost almost $4k last year that was my first e-gear issue, they put a used actuator off a Ferrari on my car. It seems like once every 3-4 years I will get an E-gear warning light but a restart always cures it.

Current clutch has 43K miles on it and about 30% life left. So I will get at least 60k miles out of the F style clutch.

·
Registered
314 Posts

How is yours holding up?
I've had mine for a year and a half, was well-taken care of prior to my purchase and I had an extensive PPI done prior to purchasing.
Put almost 10k miles on it during this time and now has ~ 33k miles total. I change the oil on schedule and do some of the other maintenance myself (just bled the brakes etc). Only had one real issue and that was replacing a couple of gearbox speed sensors and the steering wheel o-ring (cheap repairs thankfully).
I get the 1-5 6-10 CEL owing to the aftermarket exhaust but I just clear it and if I don't drive too fast it doesn't appear. :)
I love this car!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts