Votes: 6 8.8%
  • once every 3 month

Votes: 4 5.9%

• Total voters
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Twice a week, and for at least 30 minutes, get everything up to temp. Also do a full test that everything still works, bulbs relays etc. In my [limited] experience, when it's not used for any length of time, that is when it's most likely to have a problem. [ it puts a huge smile on my face at least twice a week, which is more than I can say for the wife]

·
Registered
2 Posts
Sunny days

Use my 83 Jalpa 2 or 3 times a week to commute to work in Telford UK,providing there is no rain on the horizon ! I refuse to drive it with the roof on - can't appreciate the exhaust tone, and my head is jammed against the top !

·
Registered
4,574 Posts
EVERY single DAY!!!!!!

I drive one of my cars AT least to work and back and more each day..hell I could get hit by a random falling telephhone pole...I would not want my picture in the paper and obits in a REGULAR vehicle...I want to go OUT IN STYLE...ONE OF A KIND!!!!!!!!! :evil:

·
Registered
163 Posts
I drive it as much as I drive the Lexus, if not more. I drive it to work as often as I can, which is generally every day unless I have to carry a lot of stuff. It's fine in the snow if it's not too deep, and it's not at all difficult to drive in traffic (but it's sometimes painful if I want to drive fast).

·
Registered
148 Posts
If the weather was good enough here I would drive it every day, but as it stands prolly works out about 4000 miles per year, about or 70 odd miles a week so I chose twice :)

·
Premium Member
988 Posts
In the summer months at least three times a week. I know Roy drives in the snow, but I will put my car in the garage for the winter and bring it out around April.

·
Registered
584 Posts
RoyToy - Very Funny....

I drive every Sat and Sun (at least). I too, make sure she gets to operating temps and get at least 15 minutes on the fwy vs short trips, stop and go.

Mike is correct, the frequently driven cars are less prone to trouble than a garage queen for a variety of reasons. This issue has been discussed to death on FCar sites and has been my experience as well. This means driving and not just starting and running for 5 minutes.. Besides lubricating the drive train, the ECU and certain relays kick on a certains temps/conditons/load.

I have no concern about miles, as this one is a "keeper" for me and I don't worry about re-sale. The only thing that limits how often I drive is that I'm a concours fanatic and I refuse to drive her unless she is freshly washed and looking like she just rolled of the showroom floor...

I'll be driving more as soon as my therapist gets me through this issue :)

·
Registered
16 Posts
I drive the car for pure pleasure once or twice per week. Brisk but not crazy on Mulholland Highway and the other canyons of the Santa Monica Mountains. I also end up driving the care for one or two short trips & errands during the week. Averaging about 100 to 150 miles per week - ironically about the same mileage I used to bicycle on the same roads when I used to be fit!

·
Registered
283 Posts
DoctorB said:
ironically about the same mileage I used to bicycle on the same roads when I used to be fit!
No worries, The only way to not do bad habits is replace them with good habbits!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

So driving your lamborghini is a better habit :wave:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts