Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I feel my 2007 G needs more power. It seems as if most TT builds are stage 2 or above. How does a stage 1 compare to stock? Is it worth it? Is it just better to spend twice as much and go with stage 1? Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
741 Posts
Stage 1 on the pre-LP (stock engine) are typically limited to 650-700whp on pump gas. You will notice a huge difference even there as a stock pre-LP is around 375-400whp.

·
Registered
221 Posts
I think the power level the Stage 1 TT kit bring is what is should have come with from the factory :)

I wish there was more feedback or info from Stage 1 kits out there, this is the mod I really want to do with my car. Sadly most tuners are in the US nothing up here in Canada.

Closest to my is Nth Moto but they have been killing it in the Viper game, not sure they want to get into the Lambo field.

Now if that Canadian Dollar could just hit parity again :)

·
Registered
741 Posts
I think the power level the Stage 1 TT kit bring is what is should have come with from the factory :)

I wish there was more feedback or info from Stage 1 kits out there, this is the mod I really want to do with my car. Sadly most tuners are in the US nothing up here in Canada.

Closest to my is Nth Moto but they have been killing it in the Viper game, not sure they want to get into the Lambo field.

Now if that Canadian Dollar could just hit parity again :)

Honestly if I were you, I'd sell the pre-LP though and find a good used LP with or without the stage 1 kit already on it. The LP engine takes to boost better in stock form, typically see around 800whp on pump gas.

·
Registered
221 Posts
I've also been pondering selling the Gallardo and moving on to something else. I'm just not sure what I might move towards next. The Gallardo has aged quite well, still get lots of compliments; not sure what else might bring a fun to drive smile, sound just as good and grab attention. Likely need to open up the wallet a bit.

·
Registered
2013 LP560 TT
186 Posts
Adding 200-300 HP is definitely noticeable but it does tend to be “old school” turbo boost. It kicks in abruptly at 3500rpm and builds from there. Keep in mind preLP cars generally were losing boost between shifts — at least the early ones were.

My stage 1 LP is way faster than I need it to be and it’s mostly overkill for normal street use. It stays on boost through all 6 gears if you are sending it hard and keeping the revs up. BTW approaching redline in 5th and still pulling hard into 6th is bloody brilliant!

If you want to roll race then yeah, you need more than 900hp these days. A lot more.

LP motors run 900+hp for a very long time without internal mods. If you want more than that the price curve is very steep due to having to build out the motor and trans. Is it worth another 100k+ on a 125-130k car? IDK.

·
Registered
35 Posts
The 2006 gallardo I bought recently, the guy I bought it from had a Heffner kit shipped to him, I opted not to buy it. If anyone is interested I can make the connection (he has no lambo anymore obviously so hes trying to sell it)

If I wasn't trying to preserve the essence of my car I'd probably turbo it myself

·
Registered
509 Posts
I feel my 2007 G needs more power. It seems as if most TT builds are stage 2 or above. How does a stage 1 compare to stock? Is it worth it? Is it just better to spend twice as much and go with stage 1? Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If you want more power buy an Aventador or 720 Mac-please don't hack a G, the drive train is not built for that much power nor is the suspension and aluminum frame-

·
Registered
28 Posts
The 2006 gallardo I bought recently, the guy I bought it from had a Heffner kit shipped to him, I opted not to buy it. If anyone is interested I can make the connection (he has no lambo anymore obviously so hes trying to sell it)

If I wasn't trying to preserve the essence of my car I'd probably turbo it myself
I would like the kit for my 04. Details?

·
Registered
2013 LP560 TT
186 Posts
If you want more power buy an Aventador or 720 Mac-please don't hack a G, the drive train is not built for that much power nor is the suspension and aluminum frame-
By that logic — no big turbo Supras, no tuned WRX’s, no supercharged Mustangs, no turbo vettes, no nitrous small blocks. Wouldn’t want to live in your vanilla world 🤣

Gallardo’s aren’t sacred. Nor are AV’s. Nor is a Bugatti. They’re cars with 4 wheels, pretty sheet metal and a motor that goes suck-squeeze-bang-blow. Hack them, mod them, abuse them, have fun before you die.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts