Lamborghini Talk banner

61 - 80 of 83 Posts

Premium Member
2018 Huracan Spyder 580-2

Premium Member
2019 Huracan 580-2
I definitely think over analysis leads to paralysis.
over thinking never did me any good
Agree, analysis paralysis is deadly. Analysis followed by action is the only way to fly!

This could get confusing. I am glad I don't overthink it or I probably wouldn't buy one. I just figure if I can pay cash and it does not affect me financially, then I am good to go. I am a simple man (is that a song Albert?)
First Russ, you may have simple pleasures but I am not buying you're a simple man.;)

Registered
No offense but that post above regarding the Aventador gave me a headache. Glad I have a good FA, CPA and actuary. Stick to doing what I'm good at and leave the math to others that get paid to do that for a living.

Cash for my toys=good night's sleep.

Registered
No offense but that post above regarding the Aventador gave me a headache. Glad I have a good FA, CPA and actuary. Stick to doing what I'm good at and leave the math to others that get paid to do that for a living.

I read the first sentence and stopped.

Registered
I'm a little late to the conversation, but I figured I'd chime in. I wrote the following post earlier this year elsewhere in regards to "affording" a used Aventador:

View attachment 288948 View attachment 288949

"[...] While my dream car is now an Aventador, this same mindset could apply to any major purchase. There are all sorts of rules of thumb available when it comes to budgeting and determining what you can afford (like the 28/36 rule for mortgage and debt payments). There is another one that states 鈥淣o more than 10% of gross income should go to vehicle expenses including insurance鈥. With the Aventador goal, I wrote a calculator that takes the price of whatever vehicle I find, and reverse calculates the gross income needed as a function of different income percentages. Using rates and terms (6.75% APR for 144 months) from Woodside Credit, which is popular for their extended term exotic financing, and assuming that my Aventador Savings Fund has 25% of the purchase price for a down payment ($54k), running the numbers results in a monthly payment of $1,644 per month. For the payments to be 10% of income, it would require a salary of approximately $197k per year. But, assuming a salary of $30k per year, the payments would account for approximately 66% of the gross income. At this point, it鈥檚 a matter of risk and opportunity cost. If someone making $30k can devote that much of their income to a car payment while still affording other expenses, then theoretically, they could afford an Aventador right now. But, considering the smart finance rule is only devoting 10% of gross income, this leaves a couple of options to reduce exposure: put in a larger down payment, find ways to increase income, find a cheaper vehicle (more depreciation over time), or sell other assets, and put the money towards the vehicle. [...]"

As I mentioned there, it really just depends on how financially conservative you are. Every person's individual financial status is unique to them, and really should be evaluated on a case by case basis instead of just offering hard line "you need 500x the cost of the car hidden in a brief case under your bed or you shouldn't buy it" etc. Good luck :)
6.75% APR WOW! Dial 911 I want to report a Robbery in progress!

Registered

None taken. I'm an engineer that also has another degree in Economics. I love math and money :)

Premium Member
2019 Huracan 580-2
I agree and many agree with that philosophy but apparently not all do.

I read the first sentence and stopped.
I like the effort @supradedupra put forth for I also love numbers. Some may be fine with a one sentence/one word response but others may enjoy the detail. No worries, it's all good. ;)

Premium Member
2019 Huracan 580-2
For some reason, whenever I drag a guitar off the wall, this is the first song I play. i don't even like the song??? I guess it is a good warm up song, it's fun to play???
Love the song and love Southern rock................ ;)

Premium Member
2018 Huracan Spyder 580-2
None taken. I'm an engineer that also has another degree in Economics. I love math and money :)
I wish I had your skills! I have to hire people to do my heavy lifting.

Premium Member
2019 Huracan 580-2
My friends I am not preaching to the choir/forum members yet for those trying to wangle their finances to acquire a Lamborghini it is a truism that you only live once but it is also a truism that you can go broke over and over. ;)

Registered
2021 Huracan Evo RWD Spyder (ordered, April 2021 delivery)
Never heard that one before, but absolutely true!

Registered
So how close are you to your dream Aventador? I'm also an Engineer...I guess I am ultra conservative because I think financing toys is cray-cray. Bought both my exotics cash money. First time, took 9 years, 6 years the second time....andstill self identify as a dreamer.

61 - 80 of 83 Posts