·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone one know how much faster is the Murcielago vs a 5.7 Diablo in
1- straight line
2- on road
3- on track

The only experiment I have done with a friend who owns a Murci (and my 1995 5.7 Diablo) is to floor it in 2nd. gear and I found out that I could only keep up with him for about 5 to 10 meters then he pulls away and I can never catch up again.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Good question, but I think it depends on which 5.7 you have.

Top end on Murci is stated as 205...a 91-93 has top end of 202, but a SV with a 5.7 has 186. This is not say the SV is less powerful, but that car is geared different...more acceleration vs top end. The kind of gearing that is more benefical on a track vs flat out open on the salt flats...

Give me your year/make and I can tell you some stats according to Lambo

·
Registered
4,610 Posts
The only STOCK Diablo to beat a STOCK Murcie is the 01 6.0 "SE" model....The "SE" equiped with different gearing, lighter and diffferent metals in the motor interior WILL still take Murcie today..........

6.0 SE 0-62 3.412 (factory specs)

It is so close I can not tell when I try between my SE and either of my Murcies, but I can tell you that with out a doubt my SE has more noticeable tork........

·
Registered
165 Posts
fl_355 said:
Good question, but I think it depends on which 5.7 you have.

Top end on Murci is stated as 205...a 91-93 has top end of 202, but a SV with a 5.7 has 186. This is not say the SV is less powerful, but that car is geared different...more acceleration vs top end. The kind of gearing that is more benefical on a track vs flat out open on the salt flats...

Give me your year/make and I can tell you some stats according to Lambo
SV's top speed is no where near 186. It has been clocked at over 204 mph for many occasions. The Regular Diablo 6.0 can also reach 0-60 in 3.4 seconds and has made 0-100 in 8.1 seconds.

·
Premium Member
541 Posts
murcielago33 said:
SV's top speed is no where near 186. It has been clocked at over 204 mph for many occasions. The Regular Diablo 6.0 can also reach 0-60 in 3.4 seconds and has made 0-100 in 8.1 seconds.
The SV's top speed is dependent on the gearing. I believe there were 2 gearset that were available for the SV.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Diablo4Ever said:
The Diablo GTR (the quickest Diablo) does 0-100 in 3.5
The Murcielago 6.2 does 0-100 in 3.6

The difference is alot more than that, the Murci isnt that fast. i would say that 3.5 is about right for the GTR(short gears) if the wheels dont spin when you hit 2nd gear.

·
Registered
584 Posts
wiz357 said:
The SV's top speed is dependent on the gearing. I believe there were 2 gearset that were available for the SV.
Correct. Starting in 97 Lambo offered a variety of gear ratios that marginally affected top speed - but increased acceleration and handling.

The GT and GTR are listed as 210 top end.

SE is a different animal... As I understand it, 2 versions. The first versiion was 250Kg lighter than SV and because it was rear drive and did not have things like A/C, power windows, etc. Later a second version came out, and instead of going through crash testing, etc with new mods, they took the first version and added the a/c and power windows in response to market demand.

At least that is what I have read... still learning as much as I can.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Well, your 95' Diablo is only 495bhp, where the murcielago has almost 100 hp more than yours, and it also has 70nms more torque than your diablo, so it didn't really stand a chance.

althrough the muricelago's factory claim of its 0-100kph time was 3.6 seconds, but none of any magzines tested a murcielago has done any time below 4 seconds, mainly due to the VT 4wd system.

P.S, eric, from the number plate looks like Hong Kong plates

·
Registered
165 Posts
BERSEEKER said:
Well, your 95' Diablo is only 495bhp, where the murcielago has almost 100 hp more than yours, and it also has 70nms more torque than your diablo, so it didn't really stand a chance.

althrough the muricelago's factory claim of its 0-100kph time was 3.6 seconds, but none of any magzines tested a murcielago has done any time below 4 seconds, mainly due to the VT 4wd system.

P.S, eric, from the number plate looks like Hong Kong plates
Road and Track has gotten it at 3.51 seconds to 60.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yes I am from Hong Kong.
Through Lambo-Talk I have made friends with a number (5) of owners here on HK. We have been meeting about once to twice per month for drives.

·
Registered
8 Posts
It was actually from road and track, their issure of power trips, it was 4.1seconds against the saleen s7. but never the less....

hey eric, do you guys meet and race in Zhuhai?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts