Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hear its .1 seconds for every 100 pounds. Is this accurate?
What are some other accurate ratios like weight and HP?

I’m looking at the F1 numbers and comparing them to the Enzos numbers and wondering why the F1 is so fast

·
Premium Member
541 Posts
sk90077 said:
I hear its .1 seconds for every 100 pounds. Is this accurate?
What are some other accurate ratios like weight and HP?

I’m looking at the F1 numbers and comparing them to the Enzos numbers and wondering why the F1 is so fast
Without having to go through a lecture in Physics, which I'm not capable of giving anyway, weight affects the acceleration of a vehicle. However, it has minimal bearing on your top speed. Aerodynamics affect the car's top speed more than weight. For example, if you have 2 exact Diablos, except one carrying 1000 lbs in gold, the other is not. They would eventually reach the same top speed, all else being equal, but the Diablo without the bling-bling weight will get there significantly faster.

·
Registered
959 Posts
I couldnt give you my guarantee on it, but an old friend of mine who is a car-maniac told me, so im pretty confident its correct.

·
Premium Member
541 Posts
DaLamboMan said:
Every pound eats up 3hp.
Sorry, it's more like gaining 1 hp per 10 lbs of weight reduction. So, 100 lbs of lost weight would equate to 10 hp. Of course, this will vary slightly depending on the car in question.

·
Registered
4,589 Posts
Hey Raymond is this like the old High School question;?

"If you drop a 100lb bag of feather's and a 100LB bag of potato' :evil: s from a 100 stroy building at the same time, which one hits the ground first?"

L

·
0 Posts
roytoy2003 said:
Hey Raymond is this like the old High School question;?

"If you drop a 100lb bag of feather's and a 100LB bag of potato' :evil: s from a 100 stroy building at the same time, which one hits the ground first?"
well, don't keep me waiting... :D

Fred

1 - 10 of 10 Posts