Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm wondering what experienced Lambo owners think. With the Huracan being overly produced and their prices continuing to drop, how much does that affect the future price of the Gallardo, since new buyers will be able to get more car for the money with the Huracan?

Will the gated Gallardo be the only example that is safe from the Huracan price pressure?

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
LOL.. .as discussed in my thread... the gallardo has depreciated to the bottom IMHO. The gated cars, def will be a premium. Plain and simple, the smaller production numbers and the demand, are increasingly more year by year...
I've personally driven a ton of Huracans and even built a TT one. They are amazing and fun cars but they lack the GUSTO and HISTORY of Lamborghini. Its a totally diff driving experience. And driving a gated one is an experience in itself. You will NEVER feel that in a Huracan. Not to mention, at least in my town, there are 3x more huracans than gallardos... Rarity in itself right there.

Reactions: G3T

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
LOL.. .as discussed in my thread... the gallardo has depreciated to the bottom IMHO. The gated cars, def will be a premium. Plain and simple, the smaller production numbers and the demand, are increasingly more year by year...
I've personally driven a ton of Huracans and even built a TT one. They are amazing and fun cars but they lack the GUSTO and HISTORY of Lamborghini. Its a totally diff driving experience. And driving a gated one is an experience in itself. You will NEVER feel that in a Huracan. Not to mention, at least in my town, there are 3x more huracans than gallardos... Rarity in itself right there.
Haha, your thread kinda spurred this one because I didn't want to hijack it anymore.

·
Registered
941 Posts
I'm not worried about the price of my Egear car dropping and the same would be true if it were a manual. I continue to pile miles on it and drive it like I stole it :D. Manual or not, these cars aren't LP Murcielagos with a stick that are practically unicorns...I don't expect Gallardo prices to skyrocket anytime soon. Life is too short to let these cars rot in a garage! I'm gonna drive my car and not worry about how much its worth or what it'll be worth 5 years from now. Just turned over 20k a few days back!

Happy driving everybody

Attachments

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
I'm wondering what experienced Lambo owners think. With the Huracan being overly produced and their prices continuing to drop, how much does that affect the future price of the Gallardo, since new buyers will be able to get more car for the money with the Huracan?

Will the gated Gallardo be the only example that is safe from the Huracan price pressure?
Huracan prices and exotics in general have gone up since COVID with a firming of the used market particularly low mileage/ one owner/ 580-2s.

·
Registered
792 Posts
I agree with BADBURB, pretty sure (barring a historic economic depression) the G's have bottomed. However, as Huracans keep coming down, it will make it that much more unlikely for the G's to increase much in the near future. To purists, Lamborghini fans, the G's may be seen as a more desirable car, but to the generic exotic buyer, they would never pay more for a G than an H, so the general values will never meet, nor flip.....other than the factory LP Gated's of course.

·
Registered
82 Posts
but to the generic exotic buyer, they would never pay more for a G than an H, so the general values will never meet, nor flip.....other than the factory LP Gated's of course.
I think you can lump factory gated pre-LPs to your quote and then its more accurate. Any gated Lamborghini will continue to fare better than DCT/Egear into the coming years in my opinion.

·
Registered
737 Posts
I think you can lump factory gated pre-LPs to your quote and then its more accurate. Any gated Lamborghini will continue to fare better than DCT/Egear into the coming years in my opinion.
The market appears to agree with you. For example, 2006 Ferrari F430 F1 coupes are selling right around $100K. Last July, a manual sold for $163K and there is currently another manual listed on CarGurus for $240K. OK, that last price may be a real stretch but I'm guessing that car will never change hands for under $180K.

·
Premium Member
97.0 VT Roadster / 08 Gallardo Spyder
1,315 Posts
G3T, in addition to what the other ones wisely said above I would mention the Gallardos were no small production number, either. They produced 14,400 of them. I bought mine not assuming they would go up ever in value, instead I bought mine to drive it. I absolutely love my Diablo, which of course is gated as they all were, but when I want to get kicked in the back every time I shift due to the E gear system, I love having that option. 😎

If future value is a concern, also look at SEs, SLs, etc. in my opinion these cars are meant to be driven and today’s price point given their current depreciation can’t be wrong.

·
Registered
3,821 Posts
Comparing the manual GT3's produced to the manual Gallardo's produced the Gallaro manual numbers pale in comparison to the GT3 manual numbers. That is what needs to be compared and looked at.

·
Registered
761 Posts
In practice, it's unlikely it will ever affect the G prices. When the G or Murci was released, it didn't tank the already low Diablo prices. Buyers just consider each new version separate from the previous one. It's not like an evolution... they tend to be huge jumps. The Dia vs. the Murci vs. the Aventador are completely different cars. Same for the G vs. the Huracan. As such, their worth tend to be taken individually. When one Lambo model prices decrease, it's because those cars are getting older, not because a newer car is available.

Interestingly, and this really only happens with exotics, if you let enough time pass, those prices actually go UP! Back in the 2000s, I remember you could pick up a clean 1990s Diablo around 80k. In fact, you almost couldn't give those cars away. Now? Try finding one for less than 200k.

As time goes on and there are fewer mint Gs on the road or for sale... you can bet they WILL all go up in value. The question is how long of course, and if you're willing to wait that long or want to sell it to try something else. I also think that with electric cars and a new generation of people that have never driven a manual and don't care to learn, you'll actually see eGears holding its own. This was confirmed by a statement from both a major auction house owner and other journalists. I feel these folks will yearn from the rawness of the G, no silly tech, and ease of entry that an eGear provides.

I already see the writing on the wall, lol. I'm still pretty young, but I know guys in tech that make a ludicrous amount of money, in their 20s/30s... THESE are the new crop of buyers for cars like this... not "older" guys like us. Almost 100% of them can't drive a manual and don't care to. They're all in teslas or porsches (using the PDK trans), but I suspect, in the next 5 -10 years when they are in the exotic car market... guess which ones they'll prefer?

·
Registered
3,821 Posts
In practice, it's unlikely it will ever affect the G prices. When the G or Murci was released, it didn't tank the already low Diablo prices. Buyers just consider each new version separate from the previous one. It's not like an evolution... they tend to be huge jumps. The Dia vs. the Murci vs. the Aventador are completely different cars. Same for the G vs. the Huracan. As such, their worth tend to be taken individually. When one Lambo model prices decrease, it's because those cars are getting older, not because a newer car is available.

Interestingly, and this really only happens with exotics, if you let enough time pass, those prices actually go UP! Back in the 2000s, I remember you could pick up a clean 1990s Diablo around 80k. In fact, you almost couldn't give those cars away. Now? Try finding one for less than 200k.

As time goes on and there are fewer mint Gs on the road or for sale... you can bet they WILL all go up in value. The question is how long of course, and if you're willing to wait that long or want to sell it to try something else. I also think that with electric cars and a new generation of people that have never driven a manual and don't care to learn, you'll actually see eGears holding its own. This was confirmed by a statement from both a major auction house owner and other journalists. I feel these folks will yearn from the rawness of the G, no silly tech, and ease of entry that an eGear provides.

I already see the writing on the wall, lol. I'm still pretty young, but I know guys in tech that make a ludicrous amount of money, in their 20s/30s... THESE are the new crop of buyers for cars like this... not "older" guys like us. Almost 100% of them can't drive a manual and don't care to. They're all in teslas or porsches (using the PDK trans), but I suspect, in the next 5 -10 years when they are in the exotic car market... guess which ones they'll prefer?
Most likely all rare and low production versions and yes they will come around to desire the manuals.

·
Registered
761 Posts
Most likely all rare and low production versions and yes they will come around to desire the manuals.
Not so sure about that... lol. Ferrari hasn't made a manual since ~2012 and Lamb since the H and Aventador. The Tom DuPont and Wayne Carini have also agreed on this. They see the future and it's not in manuals. I just don't see an overwhelming desire for it for the next generation.

We like it because of nostalgia and the anachronistic sense that manuals are better than "slushboxes" but that just hasn't been the case in years. Almost every 20-30 year old I've asked, esp working in tech, have said they have no desire to own a manual. And let's be honest, these are the next crop of folks with money to spend.

·
Registered
3,821 Posts
Not so sure about that... lol. Ferrari hasn't made a manual since ~2012 and Lamb since the H and Aventador. The Tom DuPont and Wayne Carini have also agreed on this. They see the future and it's not in manuals. I just don't see an overwhelming desire for it for the next generation.

We like it because of nostalgia and the anachronistic sense that manuals are better than "slushboxes" but that just hasn't been the case in years. Almost every 20-30 year old I've asked, esp working in tech, have said they have no desire to own a manual. And let's be honest, these are the next crop of folks with money to spend.
That aside its the older drivers and the younger ones that do want a manual that matter no matter how small the number. Those wanting a manual will out number the supply. I think that's the point.

·
Registered
761 Posts
That assumes they'll want a manual gallardo in the first place. In 10 years, these will be almost 30 year old cars. There are few people today that would want to buy a 30 year old car. It's the reason I didn't even consider a Diablo. Just too old.

I suspect the same thing in 10 years, esp with those that are tech influenced... The pool of anyone wanting a g, esp a manual... Is going to go down. Hence... There will be enough for those that really want a manual. Which will be few and far between.

·
Premium Member
97.0 VT Roadster / 08 Gallardo Spyder
1,315 Posts
That assumes they'll want a manual gallardo in the first place. In 10 years, these will be almost 30 year old cars. There are few people today that would want to buy a 30 year old car. It's the reason I didn't even consider a Diablo. Just too old.

I suspect the same thing in 10 years, esp with those that are tech influenced... The pool of anyone wanting a g, esp a manual... Is going to go down. Hence... There will be enough for those that really want a manual. Which will be few and far between.
By this logic, Muiras and Countachs have low value. No. There are more who want those cars than those cars available, thus the high pricing. There are plenty more people than cars and far more people who want those cars than those cars. Have you seen gated Murcialago prices of late? Have you seen gated Gallardo prices in comparison to eGears?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts