Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How much do you guys think is reasonable to ask for a discount on a used Huracan from the dealer?

I’m looking at 2016-2018 Huracans.

Anybody have any experiences to share?

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD (Ordered)
6,374 Posts
That depends on the dealership, and of late, discounts are a harder to come by but people have gotten anywhere from a big goose egg to 4 or 5% or at least they claimed they did. I would find a car you like and negotiate and understand, as I am sure you do, some deals will fall through. I have found dealerships may offer a discount or throw in freebees like free shipping and extras for the cars that can add up. Negotiate and be willing to walk away if things don't pan out.
BTW, you talked about a Blu Cepheus check this link out and if your interested talk with Jeff Gemma and tell him Albert from Texas referred you...........he is pretty sharp guy.

·
Registered
2017 Lamborghini Huracan LP 580-2
85 Posts
How much do you guys think is reasonable to ask for a discount on a used Huracan from the dealer?

I’m looking at 2016-2018 Huracans.

Anybody have any experiences to share?
Zero discount.

My advice and recent experience: If you have found the used L you really want you will be happy to pay full asking price, don't be in a hurry to pick it up, don't kick tires, be prepared to buy the charger, cover, and all other little nicknacks the previous owner didn't include when they traded it in, and be thankful to be a part of ownership whenever you get to the closing table. If you walk into a Lamborghini dealership and start with a price negotiation you are likely wasting your time and could never reach a deal.

I tried to haggle on a few deals last year and got no where. The above combination recently worked for me and I'm forever happy to be an owner now. Everyone's experience may vary. Good luck to you!

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
Seller's market now with COVID premium. If you are patient prices will come down 1 year from now. If you need to have it now, find one you like make a reasonable offer and snatch it up because there's prolly another intersted prospective buyer standing right behind you.

·
Premium Member
6,374 Posts
^^Very accurate the market is tight and dealerships are not inclined to discount much. When I bought my 2019 580-2 prices had come down a bit but right after I bought it the prices started climbing and have stayed high. I see 2016 580-2s with higher mileage asking much more than I paid for my 2019.

·
Registered
324 Posts
No 'deals' out there right now. If you see a car you like, come to understand you are not going to steal it. If you have cash ready, by all means submit an offer and see if you get anywhere.

FWIW, I have been watching cars at auctions and then at dealerships. Often times their margin is only about 5%-7% Hard to believe, but that is what the prices are right now. They have more room on cars they take on trade, but marking up a 200+ 10k does not leave much meat on the bone and that is about what the market is. It is also why you are now seeing prices push even higher. Wholesale prices have been going up and up.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No 'deals' out there right now. If you see a car you like, come to understand you are not going to steal it. If you have cash ready, by all means submit an offer and see if you get anywhere.

FWIW, I have been watching cars at auctions and then at dealerships. Often times their margin is only about 5%-7% Hard to believe, but that is what the prices are right now. They have more room on cars they take on trade, but marking up a 200+ 10k does not leave much meat on the bone and that is about what the market is. It is also why you are now seeing prices push even higher. Wholesale prices have been going up and up.
Geez, I really hate the market right now.. Right when I plan to buy an exotic is coincidentally the worst time to buy one.

·
Registered
384 Posts
difficult times for discounts. the gpf topic is pretty big and many people including ferrari owners i know are switching to huracan.

·
Premium Member
6,374 Posts
difficult times for discounts. the gpf topic is pretty big and many people including ferrari owners i know are switching to huracan.
It's not just the diminished sound/drama but add to that the increased back pressure from the GPF and the engines are not going to do well in the long run.

·
Premium Member
6,374 Posts
Geez, I really hate the market right now.. Right when I plan to buy an exotic is coincidentally the worst time to buy one.
This is a tough time to jump in but I would still try to get the best deal you can but, as others have intimated, if you see a car you like I would go for it or someone else will scoop it up. It's the same thing with the housing market. We were looking at homes, and given the market is hot the builders are putting in a stipulation in the contract for increased building costs equaling 8% of the total home price. Now what that means is, and the way the contract is written, if there is an 8% increase or more they will give you the option to buy at the higher calculated percentage (> 8%) and if you decline they will refund you your deposit and sell the house on to another buyer at the elevated price. So conceivably you could be asked to pay 10, 20 percent or higher over the contracted sale price, and that is not just the base price of the home but, as well as, all the upgrades you chose which could equal, depending upon the house you build, a couple of 100K more. Under those circumstances it's hard to plan the sale of your home and get ready for a move with that kind of uncertainty.
Having said all that I think Jeff and Chase, the manager, will give you a fair deal because they want to cultivate a long term relationship.

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
16,805 Posts
Discounts are scarce now. In fact I sell used cars selling at a premium.

·
Premium Member
1,730 Posts
When I bought my Evo in November they had it listed for $299k, was about 8 months old with 1,500 miles and had an MSRP of $356. Got price down to $290k and a great deal on my trade in

·
Premium Member
6,374 Posts
Firstly, let's be clear these cars are, not well, the best financial decision, and you should only buy these cars with money you can set on fire but, that aside, with few exceptions a good preowned over new will save you a bundle. Now there probably are exceptions but as a general rule.......preowned all day long. ;)

·
Premium Member
1,730 Posts
Do you guys think it might be a better financial decision to buy NEW right now given the absurdity in the used market?
All comes down to what you can find and how long you are willing to wait. I'm way to impatient to order and did a lot of searching for new cars but didnt find anything to spec I wanted. So then it comes down to looking for gently used and for that I prefer local so I can easily check out. Perfect situation opened up for me when a high end dealership I have a great relationship got in a slightly used Evo Spyder that was very close to how I would or ordered

·
Registered
80 Posts
Firstly, let's be clear these cars are, not well, the best financial decision, and you should only buy these cars with money you can set on fire but, that aside, with few exceptions a good preowned over new will save you a bundle. Now there probably are exceptions but as a general rule.......preowned all day long. ;)
That's a given, but sadly I know too many people who live beyond their means in the name of "fulfilling a dream". Not everyone that owns a Lambo makes 2 million a year I'm sure.

·
Premium Member
6,374 Posts
That's a given, but sadly I know too many people who live beyond their means in the name of "fulfilling a dream". Not everyone that owns a Lambo makes 2 million a year I'm sure.
:giggle:;) Hostile are we?

·
Premium Member
1,730 Posts
Not everyone that owns a Lambo makes 2 million a year I'm sure.
Not me, I just got my stimulus check. Heck I even make so little they tried to put me into free healthcare, actually had to lie and inflate my income so I could buy a plan

Reactions: grepmoney

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Do you guys think it might be a better financial decision to buy NEW right now given the absurdity in the used market?
New is a 6 month wait unless it’s already on the lot.

They may even want a premium over msrp for what’s on the lot. Benz dealers I talked to were trying to get $15k-$30k on top of all new G550s. Absurd.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
it’s only a couple thousand a month. You don’t need $2m a year to afford that 🤣

1 - 20 of 51 Posts