Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been trying to do some research with no luck. Looking to figure out how many Gallardo Superleggera's were sold into the United States. More specifically, I am interested in how many Verde Ithica Superleggera's are in the United States. Wondering if anyone here has already done the research on this and has the numbers....

ALSO, first forum post. So try not to rip me to shreds if I violated some weird forum etiquette.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have tried to research this same information with no success.
I was considering calling the factory and having them run the VIN prefix to see if I could get a number. However, it's pretty well known that their database isn't exactly reliable.

·
Vendor
2,495 Posts
Kinda like Ferrari kinda hiding it, or releasing more than they said were made. It's happened before with some manufacturers. But I will say, for how limited they said it was, there's always a bunch for sale.

·
Premium Member
60 Posts
I've been trying to do some research with no luck. Looking to figure out how many Gallardo Superleggera's were sold into the United States. More specifically, I am interested in how many Verde Ithica Superleggera's are in the United States. Wondering if anyone here has already done the research on this and has the numbers....

ALSO, first forum post. So try not to rip me to shreds if I violated some weird forum etiquette.
If you go to GALLARDOSUPERLEGGERA DOT COM. You can get "some" information. This is only based on the information the site has available. Better to have some info then none ? You can search by VIN or COLOR or Country. Good luck with your search.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Kinda like Ferrari kinda hiding it, or releasing more than they said were made. It's happened before with some manufacturers. But I will say, for how limited they said it was, there's always a bunch for sale.
Do you have any source you could link me to on the advertised number of cars? Superleggera, in general, seem to be plentiful. Verde Ithica cars are a bit harder to find though.

·
Vendor
2,495 Posts
Not sure....

·
Registered
703 Posts

I was considering calling the factory and having them run the VIN prefix to see if I could get a number. However, it's pretty well known that their database isn't exactly reliable.
I can assure this will not be a simple task. It took us 18 months to fully document the 59 US-spec LP manual Gallardos. Of those, four are Superleggeras and none are Verde Ithaca. I'm guessing there are significantly more Superleggeras with egear, especially if you are also looking for the pre-LP cars. I will say that the staff at Lamborghini NA was helpful but it took a number of calls and emails to finally confirm the numbers. They are simply too busy to work on projects like this and, as you noted, some of their database searches are not always accurate. There is a site called Gallardosuperleggera.com. Not sure if that's the same one Tommy Balboni mentioned above but that would be a good place to start. I've looked at it briefly so I can't offer an opinion. Good luck with the project as it will definitely provide useful information for future tracking of these cars if you are successful.

If you are actually looking to buy a Verde Ithaca Superleggera, Curated in Miami has a Canadian-spec LP manual in that color. They claim it has all the paperwork for registration in the US. It is expensive but it must be the only one in existence in North America. This is a true collector car and certainly has the potential to appreciate in value based on past history of the market. I have no connection with Curated but here's the link:
https://wearecurated.com/lamborghini-superleggera-for-sale/

·
Registered
974 Posts
So to break up your question.

The are 172 PRELP Superleggera’s in North America and 6xx world wide.

There were no verde Ithaca’s made for North America

As for LP Superleggera’s they were made to customer order and no hard data documented how many were made.

·
Vendor
2,495 Posts
WOW. I just don't believe those numbers. :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts