Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Lambo
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know how many were built, or where one could find out?

I have a friend who owns a 2013 Superleggera Edizione Tecnica LP570-4 and tells me the car is more rare than a regular SL. Is that the case?

I know these cars have a 50th Anniversary window badge on them. And apparently only made in a specific color schemes.

Thanks

·
Registered
138 Posts
It's the 2013 edition of the Superleggera, so yes technically is is more rare. But that is more related to the fact that you are only looking at the single years production numbers. They did not offer 2 versions in 2013, well they did have coupe or spyder, but aside from that it appears that all SL's in 2013 were Edizione Tecnica from what I have seen.

·
Registered
Lambo
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's the 2013 edition of the Superleggera, so yes technically is is more rare. But that is more related to the fact that you are only looking at the single years production numbers. They did not offer 2 versions in 2013, well they did have coupe or spyder, but aside from that it appears that all SL's in 2013 were Edizione Tecnica from what I have seen.
Yes, that's what I was thinking too.

From what I gather they only made 3-4 colors or variations of colors. So I assume there are not many of them. 2013 SL's in the US. Plus its the 5oth anniversary car, it has a badge in the window.

How can my friend find out how many SL's were made in 2013?

·
Registered
3,901 Posts

From what I gather they only made 3-4 colors or variations of colors. So I assume there are not many of them. 2013 SL's in the US. Plus its the 5oth anniversary car, it has a badge in the window.

It's not a 50TH Anniversary Car. All cars produced in 2013 had a 50TH Badge. The Anniversary Car Badge says 50TH EDIZIONE LIMITATA. Not the same badge as all the others.

·
Registered
SL #7007
267 Posts
Not as rare as my SL with the radio delete from Lamborghini…. Haaaaaa…. Jk…..

·
Registered
60 Posts

Not all 2013 SL are Edizione Technica. When I shop for a SL, I have come across at least one 2013 SL that is NOT Edizione Technica.

Also, I believe I have seen MY 2014 SL/Performante Edizione Technica. So, I think it is available for both model years (MY) 2013 and 2014.

So, they are probably more limited than all of MY 2013+2014 SL/Performante.

This being said, to me, Edizione Technica are just more fully loaded with more options, and come only in certain colors.

After all, they are all LP570 and drive pretty much the same. I probably wouldn't pay extra for an Edizione Technica, other than because it has more options. Similar to Cliff with radio delete, I tend to think my orange LP570 SL Canadian market car without backup camera is more rare... j/k. Seriously, they are all fantastic cars.

On how many, a few of us have tried to build a VIN database of ALL Gallardo. I was too busy to update, but a few members have done very significant contribution in last 1-2 years. I think we've got ~2800 Gallardos in our VIN database.

Out of the ~2800 cars so far (2785 cars to be precise), I have just checked. We've got 252 LP570.

Out of the 252:
  • 8 are MY 2010
  • 79 are MY 2011
  • 82 are MY 2012
  • 53 are MY 2013
  • 30 are MY 2014

So, you can do some extrapolation to 14022 cars to get a rough idea.

If you can share the VIN of your friend's car with me in PM, I will add to the database. It's been a while since I look at it. Now that driving season is over for me in Canada and I've just put my car into winter storage, maybe I will try to get back at collecting more VIN when I have time.

·
Registered
Lambo
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Not all 2013 SL are Edizione Technica. When I shop for a SL, I have come across at least one 2013 SL that is NOT Edizione Technica.

Also, I believe I have seen MY 2014 SL/Performante Edizione Technica. So, I think it is available for both model years (MY) 2013 and 2014.

So, they are probably more limited than all of MY 2013+2014 SL/Performante.

This being said, to me, Edizione Technica are just more fully loaded with more options, and come only in certain colors.

After all, they are all LP570 and drive pretty much the same. I probably wouldn't pay extra for an Edizione Technica, other than because it has more options. Similar to Cliff with radio delete, I tend to think my orange LP570 SL Canadian market car without backup camera is more rare... j/k. Seriously, they are all fantastic cars.

On how many, a few of us have tried to build a VIN database of ALL Gallardo. I was too busy to update, but a few members have done very significant contribution in last 1-2 years. I think we've got ~2800 Gallardos in our VIN database.

Out of the ~2800 cars so far (2785 cars to be precise), I have just checked. We've got 252 LP570.

Out of the 252:
  • 8 are MY 2010
  • 79 are MY 2011
  • 82 are MY 2012
  • 53 are MY 2013
  • 30 are MY 2014

So, you can do some extrapolation to 14022 cars to get a rough idea.

If you can share the VIN of your friend's car with me in PM, I will add to the database. It's been a while since I look at it. Now that driving season is over for me in Canada and I've just put my car into winter storage, maybe I will try to get back at collecting more VIN when I have time.

Ok I guess that makes sense. He was telling me, because they only made them in a few color combos it was not as common as other SL's.

So perhaps they only made 100-200 total SL in 2013? I wonder how many of those where NOT Edizione Technica SL's?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts