Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Still on the hunt for a G that meets my criteria, the length of this search is starting to cause me to have some doubts.

I've always owned a practical car and a fun car. Typically the fun car is my daily and the practical car is only used for purposes like hauling, carrying a bunch of stuff from home depot, etc.

Today I parked at a store and in the back was a yellow F430. Not only an F430, but a group of 3 or 4 teenagers hovering around it. Made me think, if I daily drive a Gallardo, am I going to be able to park it without being paranoid?

Just wondering if anyone has any good or bad experiences if you often drive your car and leave it alone in public. These sorts of vehicles, even with their age, are not common in my town at all. I'm just not sure if the Gallardo is "dated" enough to still attract a ton of unwanted attention. I imagine back in the mid 2000's youd feel like a celebrity driving it, but whats it like these days? I dont mind indulging people who are interested, but its the negative attention I'm worried about.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Left mine where I could see it one time so far. I was 500 feet away and i was nervous as hell. Kids rode their bikes up to it and were taking selfies while practically leaning up against it,

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Left mine where I could see it one time so far. I was 500 feet away and i was nervous as hell. Kids rode their bikes up to it and were taking selfies while practically leaning up against it,
Was that recent? It seems like kids these days are mainly interested in electric vehicles. That, coupled with the fact that almost every manufacturer is going for this sharp, angular look, makes me want to assume the G wouldnt get *too* much attention these days, but maybe I'm wrong.

I guess my main concern is coming out of a store to a horde of punk kids surrounding the thing and being troublesome. I'm waiting for a car in gray to pop up. I'd like orange but I think that would just be too much. Maybe gray would blend in more.

·
Registered
867 Posts
I don't leave it anywhere unless I can see it. I feel safe at Cars and Coffee since almost everyone is an enthusiast, but I don't park in public unless I'm at a restaurant with outdoor seating and I'm parked right there. I don't want to think of what I would do if I saw some idiot sitting on it :(

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't leave it anywhere unless I can see it. I feel safe at Cars and Coffee since almost everyone is an enthusiast, but I don't park in public unless I'm at a restaurant with outdoor seating and I'm parked right there. I don't want to think of what I would do if I saw some idiot sitting on it :(
Funny, I'm a bit of the opposite with my current car. Always feel nervous walking away with the hood up at a show. Takes one dope to unscrew something or mess with the wrong thing under the hood.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Yes last week it happened. Where I am there are about 50+ exotics around and my 2013 LP550-2 still makes people go crazy. I've had people follow me, yell out the windows to me. It's crazy. Mine is green so it sticks out but all Lamborghinis stick out

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Gallardo still gets crazy attention. I don't leave it unless I can see it or its safe somewhere. The odd time Ive stopped at Costco or somewhere for a few mins but parked far away from the main area and around a corner where its too far away for people to be bothered parking beside it but even then there is usually someone stopped to see it. Dont buy a Lambo if you are worried about attention. It can get tiring but it comes with the car.

·
Registered
727 Posts
My black gallardo spyder really doesn’t draw that much attention, it’s just a black car to most people. If they get a good look at it, people will react, but I coast by people who aren’t even looking. I can park it in the shadows and it’s just a black car unless you look twice. I have a red 71 Mach 1 that draws more attention because it pops out from traffic. It’s nice to have the best of both worlds but sometimes I wish I had stuck to my original plan of a verde Ithaca spyder. Get what you want and worry about the rest when you actually have to deal with it.

·
Registered
596 Posts
Gallardo still gets crazy attention. I don't leave it unless I can see it or its safe somewhere. The odd time Ive stopped at Costco or somewhere for a few mins but parked far away from the main area and around a corner where its too far away for people to be bothered parking beside it but even then there is usually someone stopped to see it. Dont buy a Lambo if you are worried about attention. It can get tiring but it comes with the car.
Sooo true..

·
Registered
867 Posts
My black Gallardo is a neck breaker haha. I think the SL spoiler really helps it stand out with an otherwise "boring" black color compared to Verde Ithica, Arancio Borealis, Blu Cepheus, etc. But once it's parked at Cars and Coffee, it really does get more attention than the numerous Huracans. My buddy with a 458 and GT3 describes my car as "menacing" and I've also heard the look of my car described as "Vader'd out" like Darth Vader lol. He looks angry even with a santa hat on!

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
955 Posts
It all depends how anal you are if it doesn’t bother you that people will lean on your car finger prints on windows and people placing their hands on your car then you will be fine

Even at cars and coffee events it’s stupid kids who just say I’ve never touched a lambo and just run their fingers front to back of the car. Yes it has happened.

There’s just no respect now a days. So just expect it!

·
Registered
245 Posts
I have a black Gallardo Coupe and since I am a big fan of the anime "Initial D" I placed a decal on each side of the car and a racing stripe all across the top.
If it wasn't for the decals it would probably get no more attention than a heavily modified Mustang or Camaro.
Since I am trying to run the car at least once a week I started to take it to the gym on Sundays when the parking lot is a lot less crowded so I can always take a peek at it from the inside.
Since the car has a 6 point roll cage I also have an action cam pointed at every direction and they record the whole time I am gone which may be a deterrent once someone sees the red blinking recording light.
So far nobody has done anything stupid to it.

Attachments

·
Registered
517 Posts
Clear bra wrap is your friend.

The H is the second car I have had fully wrapped. While it is not a completely idiot proof solution, it does prevent some minor contact damage at shows.

I also roll the windows down partially. It allows people to check out the interior without having to put their hands on the door glass to see in. I do however, keep the window up high enough that the occasional idiot with their slurpee can’t spill into my interior.

When at a show, I always lock my doors. I do this for two reasons. The first is that the mirrors fold in, preventing accidental damage as people walk by. The second is that it eliminates some self entitled sack of dung from thinking they can open the door and “try the car on for size”.

While I am better about the H than my former SL, I am still VERY protective of my Countach.

I also have two personal car show modes, “nice D” and “not so nice D”.

Respect our cars, and I am a great guy. I will answer questions about the car, socialize and in many cases, unlock the door to let someone sit in the car. I will even take pictures of them in the car with their cel phones.

Disrespect my car, or any cars in our group, (as Ozzir, Nightlife or TTbear can attest) and I am a somewhat less than pleasant to the offending individual.

·
Registered
54 Posts
It depends on the location. I am worried about the scenario you've mentioned - gangs/troublesome kids.

Exotic cars are quite a common scene in where I live (Toronto). My other worry is not the attention, but all the careless people (who don't care) who just hit the car when opening their doors, etc.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I have a black Gallardo Coupe and since I am a big fan of the anime "Initial D" I placed a decal on each side of the car and a racing stripe all across the top.
If it wasn't for the decals it would probably get no more attention than a heavily modified Mustang or Camaro.
Since I an trying to run the car at least once a week I started to take it to the gym on Sundays when the parking lot is a lot less crowded so I can always take a peek at it from the inside.
Since the car has a 6 point roll cage I also have an action cam pointed at every direction and they record the whole time I am gone which may be a deterrent once someone sees the red blinking recording light.
So far nobody has done anything stupid to it.
:tup: You should have wrapped the whole car in white, and put on the tofu store sign at the door.

(Probably only initial D fans can understand :)...)

·
Registered
921 Posts
I was participating many car shows since 2012 to 2018. But afterwards i decided to stop it. A majority of spectators is not diligent and neat towards exotic cars. Nobody takes care of somebody's properties the way as good as they would treat his/her ones. It is the confirmed statement. I am tired to be nervous and do feel uncomfortable when someone wants (deliberately or may be unintentionally) to touch/lean/scratch my car. No way.
Nowadays i prefer private meetups with friends. I enjoy this type of events.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I also think it really depends on where the car is left. Most of the time I'll leave my black on tan 2008 Spyder out with the top down and not worry much about it. However, most of the time if I've driven the car somewhere it's probably for a nice night on the town and in a nice location, I don't daily drive the car.

I do prefer parking somewhere where I can see/watch the car though, just because I still like looking at it and the people watching is pretty fun. People taking pictures and posing with the car, etc. To me that's half the fun of owning the car.

My black car gets plenty of attention, so I can only imagine if it was bright orange. Most people in KC and probably people in general, don't really know the age of the car and just know it's exotic by the proportions and because "It's a Lambo!"

·
Registered
60 Posts
It is definitely a problem.. I almost drive mine daily coming from my Porsche, I never worried about it. One day I came out from the mall with two people all over it.. now I don't go anywhere unless I can see who is around.. part of the ownership.:rolling:

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Clear bra wrap is your friend.

The H is the second car I have had fully wrapped. While it is not a completely idiot proof solution, it does prevent some minor contact damage at shows.

I also roll the windows down partially. It allows people to check out the interior without having to put their hands on the door glass to see in. I do however, keep the window up high enough that the occasional idiot with their slurpee can’t spill into my interior.

When at a show, I always lock my doors. I do this for two reasons. The first is that the mirrors fold in, preventing accidental damage as people walk by. The second is that it eliminates some self entitled sack of dung from thinking they can open the door and “try the car on for size”.

While I am better about the H than my former SL, I am still VERY protective of my Countach.

I also have two personal car show modes, “nice D” and “not so nice D”.

Respect our cars, and I am a great guy. I will answer questions about the car, socialize and in many cases, unlock the door to let someone sit in the car. I will even take pictures of them in the car with their cel phones.

Disrespect my car, or any cars in our group, (as Ozzir, Nightlife or TTbear can attest) and I am a somewhat less than pleasant to the offending individual.

LMAO.. Oh ya I forgot if you're around I'm good to leave it anywhere.. :D:D:evil:

1 - 20 of 76 Posts