Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am anxiously awaiting the delivery of my 2021 Huracan EVO RWD next week. Not getting much sleep...... :)
How many of you have skid plates on your Lamborghinis? Do you think it is worth it/necessary? I'm guessing there will be comments about "it depends where you live" and "what are the road conditions in your area" and "just use the nose-lift feature".

I'm not affiliated with these guys but I did see Scrape Protection for Lamborghini's online. Looks pretty good and fairly reasonable. Any thoughts/comments/experiences with skid plates?

I had one on my last car - 2014 Nissan GTR and it came in handy on a handful of occasions. Would love to get experienced Lamborghini owners' opinions. Thanks!

Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
I used SlipLo on my first Lamborghini, a 2019 580-2, but felt it was entirely unnecessary. The Huracan/EVO has adequate clearance and with the FAL the SlipLo was just overkill in my opinion. Therefore, I elected not to have scrape protection on either my 2021 or 2022 EVO RWD, and I have had no issues.
Though, if you still want scrape protection I would consider using SlipLo because it requires no drilling and is very easy to install.

Attachments

Premium Member
2022 H EVO RWD on order
I used SlipLo on my first Lamborghini, a 2019 580-2, but felt it was entirely unnecessary. The Huracan/EVO has adequate clearance and with the FAL the SlipLo was just overkill in my opinion. Therefore, I elected not to have scrape protection on either my 2021 or 2022 EVO RWD, and I have had no issues.
Though, if you still want scrape protection I would consider using SlipLo because it requires no drilling and is very easy to install.
I鈥檓 going to copy your response so when someone asks next month I can just paste it!! 馃ぃ馃ぃ馃ぃ

Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD

Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
I scrape lightly sometimes but I also find no need for SlipLo with my EVO. My Gallardo was a different story, I put large furniture pads under the front end.

Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
I scrape lightly sometimes but I also find no need for SlipLo with my EVO. My Gallardo was a different story, I put large furniture pads under the front end.
Is the nose scraping or those plastic guards in front of the wheels? I bet it was those plastic guards and SlipLo/scrape guard won't help that either.

Registered
I got a detachable front plate bracket mounted under the front center of my SVJ Roadster, I never use it to put a front plate on but it doubles as a little protection at the front as if I scrape, the plate bracket scrapes the ground instead of the bumper.

Registered
I got a detachable front plate bracket mounted under the front center of my SVJ Roadster, I never use it to put a front plate on but it doubles as a little protection at the front as if I scrape, the plate bracket scrapes the ground instead of the bumper.
Same here with my Performante. EZ-Plate holder. Car came from Canada where front plates are required. No holes drilled In bumper. It鈥檚 added protection.

Premium Member
Is the nose scraping or those plastic guards in front of the wheels? I bet it was those plastic guards and SlipLo/scrape guard won't help that either.
It鈥檚 always just been the plastic guards scraping.

Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
It鈥檚 always just been the plastic guards scraping.
The clearance on the Huracan is pretty adequate for most situations, and even those plastic wheel guards rarely scrape. I have not had an issue with scraping on any of my EVOs not even the plastic wheel guards. In my opinion, the FAL + Huracan Clearance is good to go without added protection.

Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
@ Rcasa20 I was just notified this morning that my delivery has been confirmed (with a driver for delivery). It gets picked up tomorrow 2-1-2022 and arrives on Thursday or Friday (from across the country). I'm sooooo excited! Only this forum would understand that.......I have NOT been sleeping well. Being an "old guy" having to pee 2-3 time per night, I crawl back in bed and start thinking of the car delivery. I feel like a 5 year old kid 3 days before Christmas morning!

Thanks for all the responses/feedback on the skid plates advice. Glad to hear that most feel the H EVO has good enough clearance. I have a Nissan GTR and it has skid plates - selling it in two weeks. Every once in a while, I was glad I had them installed.

Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
@ZeppelinHill, Congratulations! Delivery of your EVO is always a big day, Enjoy!

Premium Member
@ Rcasa20 I was just notified this morning that my delivery has been confirmed (with a driver for delivery). It gets picked up tomorrow 2-1-2022 and arrives on Thursday or Friday (from across the country). I'm sooooo excited! Only this forum would understand that.......I have NOT been sleeping well. Being an "old guy" having to pee 2-3 time per night, I crawl back in bed and start thinking of the car delivery. I feel like a 5 year old kid 3 days before Christmas morning!

Thanks for all the responses/feedback on the skid plates advice. Glad to hear that most feel the H EVO has good enough clearance. I have a Nissan GTR and it has skid plates - selling it in two weeks. Every once in a while, I was glad I had them installed.
If you think the last few nights have been tough on you, believe me the next few are going to be a doozy. I was so excited once I thought I was going to have a heart attack, lol. This will pass and be over before you know it. We are here for you if you need support while in the waiting room lookng forward to the delivery of your baby.

Premium Member
2022 H EVO RWD on order

Congrats! Can't wait to see your spec!

Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Ouch!! So the NIGHT before my car was scheduled to arrive........I get a call from the carrier that they have problems with their truck and now it won't be delivered until Monday, instead of a Saturday. I guess more sleepless nights are coming. Easy to be upset, but it's a coast to coast drive and things can happen. I sure wouldn't want to make that drive hauling something. My wife asked if I was really upset. I told her "No, I'm just bummed. It's a "champagne problem" that I am lucky to have." :) It's just a test of patience. Not saying I'm enjoying the test/lesson, but it will make me appreciate the car EVEN more.

Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
@ZeppelinHill, sorry to hear about the transportation woes but not too much longer. 馃馃嵕

Premium Member
Ouch!! So the NIGHT before my car was scheduled to arrive........I get a call from the carrier that they have problems with their truck and now it won't be delivered until Monday, instead of a Saturday. I guess more sleepless nights are coming. Easy to be upset, but it's a coast to coast drive and things can happen. I sure wouldn't want to make that drive hauling something. My wife asked if I was really upset. I told her "No, I'm just bummed. It's a "champagne problem" that I am lucky to have." :) It's just a test of patience. Not saying I'm enjoying the test/lesson, but it will make me appreciate the car EVEN more.
It is so ironic, when you want something so bad and this happens. We have all been there and when you can't do anything about it, just be excited about knowing it is coming soon.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts