Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently on ebay the Countach replicas outnumber the orgiginals 4 to 1.

I think that more and more people are holding on to Countaches - over the years how many replicas do you think have been manufactured?

We know that a handful less than 2,000 true Countaches were produced and probably 1,500 are still in existence... realistic numebr?

Comments....

Alex

·
Registered
29 Posts
I think your number is realistic on Countach.

As for replicas, I think all we can do is guess. I will guess that less than 1000 replicas exist today. I say this because the replicas should get a lot more miles on the road than the genuine, and I have never seen a replica in person. I have only seen one Ferrari replica and a POS it was.

I think the reason you see them on ebay is because nobody buys them and the cars need a huge audience like ebay to get any bids. most dealers would not want to put it in inventory.

If a nice Countach comes to market, it doesnt need ebay to find a home.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Downdraft,

From what I understand, there were less than 1,500 Countaches ever produced from beginning to end, with the last Anniversary Edition rolling off the assembly line in early 1990.

As far as the replicas go, I'm guessing there are many more replicas sold than are actually finished and driven on the road. Personally, I've seen a few more replicas than I have authentic Countaches.

Most replicas are not very well done nor are they even remotely authentic looking. I have seen two, though, that were extremely impressive.

I am aware that my first two posts have both been on replica-related threads. However, I'm neither a Lambo or a replica owner...nor do I play one on TV. Thanks...

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
Actually 1997 is the number of real CT ever built from 1973-1990...

As for the replicrap, I think it's not important how many were built but too much bad ones for sure, the only good replicas were from Mirage and Strohm della Rella, all the american kits based on Fieros are just crap.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts