Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I suspect my Evo will be in my stable by mid October. I have to get through a series of events that will keep me distracted until then, some not so fun.
1. Recover from pneumonia (now on day 12)
2. Knee surgery (9/21)
3. Very early retirement (10/15)

So when the Blu Arione Spyder arrives I just look forward at the Blu Sky and smile while thinking about the next chapter in my life! Like a boss!

·
Premium Member
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
^^^ with markup of course 😂

Reactions: Jetstream

·
Registered
142 Posts
I truly hope you recover from the pneumonia and I’m sure the knee surgery will go fine.

Congratulations on your early retirement. I retired at 55, and while I miss many of the great people I had the privilege to work with, I don’t miss the stress.

You’ll be cruising around in your Blu Arione Snyder before you know it.

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
10,709 Posts
OP, sorry to hear about the medical issues but it's funny we retired the same month and year. Our EVOs will probably be on the same ship together and as a gesture of kindness, and at great personal cost, I will be willing to break-in your EVO for you. I know, I know very magnanimous of me. :giggle:

Reactions: tfenton02

·
Premium Member
1,349 Posts
OP, sorry to hear about the medical issues but it's funny we retired the same month and year. Our EVOs will probably be on the same ship together and as a gesture of kindness, and at great personal cost, I will be willing to break-in your EVO for you. I know, I know very magnanimous of me. :giggle:
Indeed. I would actually trust you and I'd bet you'd do a pretty damn good job. You strike me as that type of person. Btw, best wishes and a speedy recovery to OP.

·
Premium Member
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
as long as it's detailed upon return you can keep 'er warm for me.

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
10,709 Posts
Indeed. I would actually trust you and I'd bet you'd do a pretty damn good job. You strike me as that type of person. Btw, best wishes and a speedy recovery to OP.
:giggle: I break-in all my cars per the manual.
as long as it's detailed upon return you can keep 'er warm for me.
If I (we) detail your car it will look better than new. The wife and I are always pedal to the metal in all things. ;)

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
18,758 Posts
I wish you a full recovery in spite of the fact that you retired so early. I am still trying to let go at 75, but I am addicted to making money. (and spending it!)

·
Premium Member
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Truly appreciate the get well wishes. I’ve turned the corner a fair bit today but unfortunately not enough to meet my friends at the exotic car show today 😩
Automotive parking light Car Tire Wheel Automotive lighting

·
Premium Member
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I wish you a full recovery in spite of the fact that you retired so early. I am still trying to let go at 75, but I am addicted to making money. (and spending it!)
There will be a chapter 2, I just need to figure it out. I’m in my mid 50s so I have plenty of time to reboot. Worked in a very high stress Silicon Valley software world for 35 years so now I want to blend my hobbies with a career. Whatever that may be.

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
10,709 Posts
@tfenton02, just curious was your recent struggle with pneumonia related to COVID?

·
Premium Member
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
@tfenton02, just curious was your recent struggle with pneumonia related to COVID?
Fortunately no. Two weeks ago my wife and I visited friends in Nashville and started to develop sniffles, then the day we left (Sunday) I had a knot on my throat. I got tested Monday at state facility (negative). But every day I got worse. Moved to my sinuses, chest and fever spiked to 104. I got retested at urgent care to be sure (plus to 4 at home tests). I’ve been on 2 antibiotics, an inhaler and gel pill to numb my throat/lungs. Today is the first day I feel a bit better. It’s now on day 14 but I think I’m grading in the right direction.

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
10,709 Posts
Good at least it's not COVID, because some of those patients can go south in a hurry.

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
18,758 Posts
There will be a chapter 2, I just need to figure it out. I’m in my mid 50s so I have plenty of time to reboot. Worked in a very high stress Silicon Valley software world for 35 years so now I want to blend my hobbies with a career. Whatever that may be.
You definitely have the right idea. Once I do retire I have a similar plan.

·
Premium Member
1,118 Posts
Good at least it's not COVID, because some of those patients can go south in a hurry.
I lost my unvaccinated mother-in-law last week. She went from fine to passing in about 10 days. Everyone is devastated. It’s no joke if you have underlying issues. Hit her lungs, then kidney, then infections and cardiac events occurred. 🙏🏼

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
10,709 Posts
I lost my unvaccinated mother-in-law last week. She went from fine to passing in about 10 days. Everyone is devastated. It’s no joke if you have underlying issues. Hit her lungs, then kidney, then infections and cardiac events occurred. 🙏🏼
Absolutely, very sorry to hear that, huge loss! Your family is in our prayers.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts