Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Premium Member
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It does not have to be a Lamborghini, but how fast have you driven a car?

My top speeds...

180 - Diablo SV and 996TT - Did not have the balls to push harder. 165 in the Diablo is a piece of cake. It seems like every time I go one of the Lambo group drives, I touch 165 at least once.

170 - Z06 and Viper - Scary. The Viper was very scary at high speeds. I know it's just my imagination but the hood feels like its going to fly open.

165 - NSX and F355 - Easy, but took a long time to get up to speed.

155 - GS400, E55 and S55 - Comfortable, no drama at all. These sedans feel like it can do the 155 run all day long .

Disclaimer:

All these high speed runs were done in the German autobahn. :) No animals were hurt, injured or tested during the exercise. :)

·
Registered
28 Posts
150 in the Miura SV and 180 in the Countach QV. The Miura drive turned some new hairs grey, but the Countach just tracked like a slot car...I quit before it did.

·
Registered
85 Posts
180mph in my Yellow 6.0.

186mph in my Orange 6.0.

110mph in my Lotus Elise, felt like it was going to eat me, so I let off.

115mph in a supercharged Plymouth Prowler. Glad it didnt have wings.

-Ben

·
Registered
59 Posts
196 on the dials in the Murcielago briefly (ran out of road rather than nerve).

185/190 regularly in the Vanquish.

Still waiting to hit 200, I doubt the Vanquish will do it, the Murcielago would.

·
Premium Member
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The Z06 felt a little light. It is not as confidence inspiring as the Diablo or the Porsche, but it is not as scary as the Viper either. Plus, it felt like its not going to go much faster.

·
Registered
12 Posts
ran 194 on 880 freeway with a passenger. dropped passenger and got to 199 on san mateo bridge, CA on the same night. fun going at those speeds but scared of cops (not the car -it was very stable).

·
Registered
93 Posts
135 in an MG F
130 in a Chrysler PT Cruiser

Haven't taken my Countach over 110 and won't until I'm used to her.

·
Registered
568 Posts
150 in 1988 corvette convertible with the top down smooth but you have to keep your hands active

165 in Z06 2001 model very smooth

170 in SRT 10 Viper (white knuckled above 130)

145 on the speed in 1985 Jalpa (Now Bills)

and 5200 RPM in my current Jalpa with the speedo not working... so I have no idea how fast that is.

·
Premium Member
5,177 Posts
170 in Diablo SV hated to slow down.

140 in Jaguar XJS....and that's a six cylinder.

110 in Lotus Esprit, don't know why I didn't go faster, felt good.

120 In Pantera, front end feels a little light

·
Registered
4,610 Posts
Just in case this site is monitored by the local POLICE, I HAVE never exceeded the posted speed in any of my vehicles.

Now my evil twin brother, let me tell you;

01 6.0 SE 196 per spedeometer, (remember though they are about 10% off).
**Boy the faster the better this car runs, I am sure it will go over 200 I just have not found the right place or the right nerve yet.

03 Murcie, Red one only about 165 170 then does not feel safe, the blue one 185 all day long not a problem.

04 Gallardo, 160 all day long very comfortable.

:evil:

·
Registered
464 Posts
roytoy2003 said:
Just in case this site is monitored by the local POLICE, I HAVE never exceeded the posted speed in any of my vehicles.

Now my evil twin brother, let me tell you;

01 6.0 SE 196 per spedeometer, (remember though they are about 10% off).
**Boy the faster the better this car runs, I am sure it will go over 200 I just have not found the right place or the right nerve yet.

03 Murcie, Red one only about 165 170 then does not feel safe, the blue one 185 all day long not a problem.

04 Gallardo, 160 all day long very comfortable.

:evil:

Thats funny that there is a differnce with the Red and Blue cars. Why do you think that is Roy? Do any of the upgrades have anything to do with it?

·
Registered
85 Posts
I'd guess Roy's unsafe lower speeds is due to alignment and tire balancing. Both are *extremely* important.

sk - to answer your previous question, at 186mph the car still had plenty of room left and still had amazing pull. It always is just running out of road rather than running out of rpm's.

-Ben

·
Registered
4,610 Posts
i HAVE NOTICED THAT THERE ARE DIFFERENCES IN THESE CARS, WHEN THEY COME FROM THE FACTORY, AND PROPABLY THE WAY THEY ARE ORGINALY BROKE IN. I DONT KNOW WHY THE DIFFERENCE, JUST KNOW THAT THE RED IS NOT AS GOOD AS OTHERS I HAVE HAD.

NOW THE BROWN 6.0 SE, TOP OF THE LINE, I AM SURE DO TO ALL THE EXTRAS FROM MILANO.

·
Registered
14 Posts
185+ on the street so far in my Diablo, to much traffic to slow down for , 170mph in my Ferrari 512TR and 175mph in my stroked Vette.
The Lambo is way more stable at speed, the others felt very seat of the pants at those speeds.

Next week I will finally be shaking down our new Pro Mod race car and she should do 0 to 215+mph in the quater mile in a little over 6 seconds! A real rush ,but overall nothing takes the place of my Lambo,she is a true blast to drive!

·
Registered
26 Posts
155 in my gallardo-would have gone a little faster but roof vallance started coming apart(scared the hell out of me)-Raymond I believe you witnessed that, had to slow down-but felt very comfortable up to that point.

165 in 360 modena.

I also did a record 0-100 to 30 in the running of the bulls when a officer was heading down the road in the Malibu area on pch heading in the opposite direction! :D

1 - 20 of 78 Posts