Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
939 Posts
It's a nice starter exotic, in a manual transmission anyway. But it is usually a maintenance queen, just like a Diablo.

·
Premium Member
97.0 VT Roadster / 08 Gallardo Spyder
1,486 Posts
Evo 11, 290KMH or 180 MPH is super strong. Who took that photo? At anywhere close to that speed it’s critical to have both hands on wheel and eyes way, way down the road. I have really not pushed my Diablo past 135 as largely I have not had a good open stretch to do so but I have crested 155 with my Gallardo multiple times. I will say 155 for the Gallardo is as fast as I want to take that car, however. Our roads are not quite like Europe!

·
Registered
1995 Diablo VT
99 Posts
I might have touched 100 or so in mine so far. But as stated above there is so much going on with a Diablo you really don't have to go fast to enjoy it! Plus the older I get the more I drive like my dad. LOL

·
Registered
255 Posts
I drive my car like a Grandpa. I live in Houston and really there are not many opportunities to wind out the car, too much traffic full of distracted and sloppy drivers.

I am just happy to drive the car, I really don't care how fast I'm going.

·
Premium Member
657 Posts
I drive my car like a Grandpa. I live in Houston and really there are not many opportunities to wind out the car, too much traffic full of distracted and sloppy drivers.

I am just happy to drive the car, I really don't care how fast I'm going.
I try to go to Houston a couple times a year and just went since prior to the pandemic. I was shocked at how poor the streets are maintained. A resident blamed it on the mayor’s political views. If I moved there don’t think I could own anything other than something lifted by 4”!!

·
Registered
255 Posts
I try to go to Houston a couple times a year and just went since prior to the pandemic. I was shocked at how poor the streets are maintained. A resident blamed it on the mayor’s political views. If I moved there don’t think I could own anything other than something lifted by 4”!!
True on the Politics.
Part of the problem is that much of Houston is built on expansive clays with concrete roads, that do not have the ability to expand or contract like asphalt, so they crack and buckle as the clay shrinks or exceeds saturation.

Either way no excuse, it is a wealthy City and should not have poor roads.

I live in the burbs, so fortunately do not have to deal with poor road surfaces.

·
Premium Member
657 Posts
True on the Politics.
Part of the problem is that much of Houston is built on expansive clays with concrete roads, that do not have the ability to expand or contract like asphalt, so they crack and buckle as the clay shrinks or exceeds saturation.

Either way no excuse, it is a wealthy City and should not have poor roads.

I live in the burbs, so fortunately do not have to deal with poor road surfaces.
Ahhhhh…that’s exactly what I saw…plenty of buckling that would tear up the underside of these cars! Crazy!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts