Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My STO will be delivered this summer, but in anticipation I am wondering what my fellow STO owners think of theirs? Any thing in particular that stands out as good or bad?

·
Registered
91 Posts
My STO will be delivered this summer, but in anticipation I am wondering what my fellow STO owners think of theirs? Any thing in particular that stands out as good or bad?
best read the STO threads and you will get a good idea of peoples views. I personally love mine and find it an incredible car. for my use case its perfect

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
21,069 Posts
I haven't heard any complaints. My SA did tell me that it is very stiff and you feel every little bump in the road. He told me I would probably like the Tecnica better, but I love the styling of the STO.

Reactions: Nick Joseph Cars

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
15,705 Posts
Here is the STO thread it is 292 pages and is long and ponderous. Mine arrives in June, can't wait.

Reactions: Sakura

·
Premium Member
21,069 Posts
Here is the STO thread it is 292 pages and is long and ponderous. Mine arrives in June, can't wait.

I can't wait for you to get yours. I know you will give a great in depth review.

·
Registered
2021 Urus, 2022 STO, 2022 Urus, 2022 Ultimae Roadster, 2023 Technica, 2023 STO
39 Posts
It is definitely stiff. I can feel every road imperfection and there are so many in Michigan. The car is very well put together though. I do not hear any creaks or rattles which I've heard in many other cars including my AMG GT Black Series. It has very sharp and precise steering. Will be interested to see how the Technica will drive compared to my STO.

Reactions: Cadster

·
Registered
20 Giallo Auge Urus | 2021 Verde Scandal SVJ | 2021 STO Arancio Atlas/Verde Mantis
454 Posts
About 2700 miles in.
The bad
1/ Speakers suck. Honestly the worst audio I’ve heard in a car.
2/ Quite. The car Is very quite until the valves open after 4500 rpm. I’ve installed a valve controller and I’m very pleased with how the car sounds.
3/Alcantara steering wheel. I always drive the car with gloves. It’s a bit odd with the screen. Sometimes the screen responses with the glove, sometimes it doesn’t.
4/ trunk space. I have a large book bag that can fit about 2 days of clothes and it can’t fit in the trunk space. I just put my stuff in the passenger footwell.

That’s about all the bad I have to say about the car. Even with my crazy combination of Colors people say “wow. I’ve seen pictures of this car but it doesn’t do it justice”. I love how raw and stiff the car is. In STO mode the ride harshness is not bad at all. In Trofeo mode it get rough but I like it.
Another reason I love the STO is it’s styling. Even parked up it looks like it going fast. Not getting rid of this anytime soon.

·
Registered
510 Posts
About 2700 miles in.
The bad
1/ Speakers suck. Honestly the worst audio I’ve heard in a car.
2/ Quite. The car Is very quite until the valves open after 4500 rpm. I’ve installed a valve controller and I’m very pleased with how the car sounds.
3/Alcantara steering wheel. I always drive the car with gloves. It’s a bit odd with the screen. Sometimes the screen responses with the glove, sometimes it doesn’t.
4/ trunk space. I have a large book bag that can fit about 2 days of clothes and it can’t fit in the trunk space. I just put my stuff in the passenger footwell.

That’s about all the bad I have to say about the car. Even with my crazy combination of Colors people say “wow. I’ve seen pictures of this car but it doesn’t do it justice”. I love how raw and stiff the car is. In STO mode the ride harshness is not bad at all. In Trofeo mode it get rough but I like it.
Another reason I love the STO is it’s styling. Even parked up it looks like it going fast. Not getting rid of this anytime soon.
I agree with everything said here. For me though with valves open all the time I still wish it was more like my HP:)

Reactions: Sto_fever

·
Registered
332 Posts
Honestly it's the best Lambo I have ever driven. Had a chance to take out the demo for the day and the it ended up being spec'ed the way I wanted to order one... if only I could actually get an allocation!

The car is honestly on rails - comparing it to the SVJ it's a lot more confidence inspiring, guessing that's likely because of the shorter wheelbase and the incredibly good DCT. So stoked for you if you haven't driven one yet, you are really in for a treat!

·
Registered
193 Posts
I love mine. It’s my first Lamborghini and had many GT Porsches previously. Only things I think I’d change: better stereo (don’t care too much as I’m not an audiophile anyway), allow softer suspension settings in trofeo mode. In terms of looks, not in the same galaxy as Porsche. Doesn’t look like it should even be street legal.

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
15,705 Posts
The audio system is important to me but, the first order of business will be installation of the Forza controller, followed by replacement of the speakers.

As far as the STO appearance, when the STO is parked next to any other supercar the other car becomes somewhat invisible.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Agree with everything above. I have sport seats and they need better lower back support for both just regular driving comfort but also holding me on track days. Can't help but wonder if the standard race seats would have been better. Also my phone is connected via bluetooth but has limited functionality. It worked the first couple drives then stopped. The track telemetry/cameras was a total gimmick/afterthought - not like other cars that work out of the box. The transmission can be annoying if you are stopped in neutral then roll forward a bit at a light because it's on a hill - you cannot select 1st without coming to a stop again. In standard STO mode with Manual selected it will shift for you at times.

But like I said I agree with all the positives above. So natural to control on track. Makes everyone happy who is around it. A feast for the eyes. Drinks a lot of fuel 🤷‍♂️

·
Premium Member
21,069 Posts
I found the Race seats to be harder, less comfortable overall and lacking proper adjustments compare to the Sport Seats.

·
Registered
217 Posts
The audio system is important to me but, the first order of business will be installation of the Forza controller, followed by replacement of the speakers.

As far as the STO appearance, when the STO is parked next to any other supercar the other car becomes somewhat invisible.
I have never been more excited for my STO until I saw one parked next to a base Huracan and I realized how much of a different league the STO is in vs prior huracans.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I found the Race seats to be harder, less comfortable overall and lacking proper adjustments compare to the Sport Seats.
What year? I went on comments from earlier reviews but then after my car was delivered people in my area started saying the Race seats had been slightly revised. But had no proof or objective explanation why. Just they are better than the earlier race seats. Other issue with the Race seats is I am 6'1" and I need to recline the seat just right to fit okay. An up right seat won't work. BUT - I do wonder about the race seats. I am submarining in hard braking corners.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts