Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Gallardo LP560-4 Spyder Caelum Blu
235 Posts
Mine is way higher. Looking for a dehumidifier though. 😅
Thinking of…. Cars made from aluminum, carbon and other nice materials… no chrome… Just ventilating and keeping dry will do the job. Those aren’t museum pieces. I think cars collect far more patina due usage. Even my old Porsche with lots of chrome (and age) didn’t collect any rust or other patina stored in 90-95% (our regular weather conditions almost year round). Ventilation and frequently warm up (and dry storage) is key! My 2p.

·
Registered
SL #7007
1,021 Posts
Sorry, no Urraco but everyone else is chiming in. I’m in SoCal and I see high 30’s to low 40’s F. at night during winter with day temps of 50’s to 70’s F. So year round I get to drive the SL and I don’t have to do anything special. Always on a charger and covered. Even with PPF and graphine coating, without the cover it’s dirty in a heart beat….
Wheel Land vehicle Tire Hood Automotive tire

·
Registered
235 Posts
Hmmm. Didn’t knew you have a Urraco. (Could know that…🤔) Concerns about humidity make sense then, being a bit older than my LP. Looking at my hygrometer 50% should be optimal.
(Although I don’t worry about humidity that much, I’m interested in this topic too. Trying to keep the wheels well preserved for long term ownership.)
@jlambo: How do you store your car(s) living in Austria, knowing you could have long winters with lots of salty an rocky roads?

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
15,672 Posts
Sorry, I live in Texas we don't do hibernation.

·
Registered
SL #7007
1,021 Posts
Hmmm. Didn’t knew you have a Urraco. (Could know that…🤔) Concerns about humidity make sense then, being a bit older than my LP. Looking at my hygrometer 50% should be optimal.
(Although I don’t worry about humidity that much, I’m interested in this topic too. Trying to keep the wheels well preserved for long term ownership.)
@jlambo: How do you store your car(s) living in Austria, knowing you could have long winters with lots of salty an rocky roads?
Lol, I’m assuming because he posted it in the model specific section under Urraco.

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
21,066 Posts

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
21,066 Posts
The house came with the garage. If you get my drift
You mean the garage came with a house, lol. I would love to have that connected to my house but it's not in the cards.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
well since I have to store the car away for at least November to March I make sure to follow a few rules:
1) I fill up the tanks to absolute max, so no air can cause the fuel to oxidate and so I prevent corrosion inside the steel tank
2) I fill the tyres up to 3 bar and put the car on tyre protectors
3) I disconnect the battery and hook it up to a battery guard, but I leave the battery in the car. And from time to time (every other week) I turn the ignition key and let the fuel pump work so that the carbs dont dry out and that way I also try to keep the gaskets and seals moist
4) I clog up the end pipes of the exhaust with a cloth that had soaked in oil, that way I prevent moisture and mice to enter there.
5) I treat the leather seats with conditioner after I cleaned them
6) I make sure there is enough protection (grease on explicit parts underneath)
7) I do not pull the handbrake = No need for that
8) I put the car into my PERMAPACK with a bunch of silica gel cartridges, that way I know that the humidity should be fine, unless I have any work to be done, so far I have never used that protection bag ...lol

and from time to time I cannot help myself I have to take a seat and just enjoy the smell and the feel and dream of summer

one more thing I do is: I remove the fuse of the fuel pump and turn the ignition key until the oil pump builds up enough oil pressure, that way I keep the crank oiled. I do that without starting the car which I would never do. I even pull and push the car outside the garage in case I have to put it in reverse in the garage for any reason. The point is that it takes about 20 km to heat up the oil in summer, and just letting the engine run on idle would never heat up the engine to keep condense water out. recently I read an article that while an engine is cold and one liter of fuel is being burnt one liter ocondense water is being pulled from the humidity of the air...con

·
Registered
235 Posts
I see you take good care for your car and I know that feeling of wanting to sit in the car from time to time when it’s stores. We are blessed this winter with just few periods (till now) with cold, an so with salty roads. So I was allready a few times able to drive mid winter without even the necessarity of washing the car. I could drive on newyears day even with the top open.
Nice checklist by the way for car storage! Humidity though is a frequent point of discussion, also on other fora (Porsche and so). Guess I have to look for a good dehumidifier as well… 🤔

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
So the first ride was successfully done. what I did was to remove the fuse of the fuel pump and let the engine crank until there was oil pressure (of course with a few minutes letting the starter to cool down); it took about 15 -20 seconds alltogether. then I put the fuse bakc in and let the pump fill the carbs with fuel...it started right away. what a joy ;-)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts