Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just took delivery of an LP560 and I have a Bendpak 2 post lift with low profile arms. No way they can fit under the carbon fiber side skirts. Anyone else have this issue? Any elegant work arounds? Should I just make ramps?

·
Registered
37 Posts
My solution is to cut down some 2x12's or similar to about 18 inches long. Get the car closer to where you want it positioned for the lift then set a plank in front of each wheel and drive up onto it. Now you should have the clearance.

·
Registered
340 Posts
My solution is to cut down some 2x12's or similar to about 18 inches long. Get the car closer to where you want it positioned for the lift then set a plank in front of each wheel and drive up onto it. Now you should have the clearance.
+1 I do this as well

·
Registered
98 Posts
That's exactly what I do as well.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Great to hear. Thanks guys. I was also thinking the front end lift might help a bit. The 2x12 idea is great as it keeps it all nice and even. I suppose I could bevel one edge to make the approach smoother as well.

·
Premium Member
97.0 VT Roadster / 08 Gallardo Spyder
1,075 Posts
^^ This is what I’ve done for both of my cars. May I suggest longer than 18 inches and make four of them, not two of them. I made my front two much longer than 18 inches, say 30?, and screwed down wheel stops on both of them. This way I know I won’t be accidentally running over the end of the boards. The front at least need to be longer than 18 inches so that the wheel stop does not hit the bumper before you rise up on it. Rear of course cannot have these stops or they would not fit under the car in front of the rear tires.

congrats on the new LP 560!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thx! Great ideas. I picked up some 2x12 boards tonight. I’ll cut them at 45deg bevel to start with, possibly adding wheel stops to the fronts. I’ve got some anti skid tape I’ll likely add as well.

^^ This is what I’ve done for both of my cars. May I suggest longer than 18 inches and make four of them, not two of them. I made my front two much longer than 18 inches, say 30?, and screwed down wheel stops on both of them. This way I know I won’t be accidentally running over the end of the boards. The front at least need to be longer than 18 inches so that the wheel stop does not hit the bumper before you rise up on it. Rear of course cannot have these stops or they would not fit under the car in front of the rear tires.

congrats on the new LP 560!

·
Registered
137 Posts
I hit a crazy bump on a NJ Turnpike on ramp at about 120mph. I think i got it pretty high up in the air that time. The owner who was actually in the car has since sold it :LOL::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Sorry had to tell my story lol

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Nice haha. Sounds like something I’d do too.

I hit a crazy bump on a NJ Turnpike on ramp at about 120mph. I think i got it pretty high up in the air that time. The owner who was actually in the car has since sold it :LOL::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Sorry had to tell my story lol

·
Registered
696 Posts
I highly recommend you use a 2x4, 8-10" length. (2x12 is asking for trouble). Set them in front of the tire parallel with the front and back of the car, NOT parallel with the sides of the car.

If you put boards parallel with the sides of the car they can pop up at the other end when driving onto or off of them and damage the bumper/undercarriage etc.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts