Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Holy old article in the second link! We've got some special cars in either case, so I'm happy my '08 Super G is still so low on miles and such a joy to drive. I have never veered towards an H or 'Vent for a reason. Only pivot considered was to a Murci.

·
Premium Member
2018 Huracan Spyder 580-2
12,552 Posts
I dread that day-

V10 Or v12 is a lambo for me.

If I wanted turbos, I’d have a Porsche.

Sound is 1/2 the battle-
I agree, I will make sure I get the last year of production before the change.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Who would not take an Underground TT? They still sound pretty badass.
Agreed. Or any garden variety TT company out there (sheepey race, CFI, Dallas, etc). I've driven TT huracan. It's mind boggling fast.

But the difference is going from their V10/12 heritage to a tiny forced induction V8 because of "trends" or "emissions standards". Mind you my RS7 is TT V8 tuned to roughly 750hp, and its a much bigger monster than my super G. But it's still NOT a Super G.

There will never be a subsitute for big displacement NA V10s and12s. Ever. Period. Don't do it Lamborghini. Stop listening to your VW bosses!

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,783 Posts
Who would not take an Underground TT? They still sound pretty badass.
Agreed.+1!

UR TT is very badass and reliable.:D

You can drive the UR TT like a 'normal' lambo with same reliability or turn it into a 'beast' with same reliability and hang on! :evil:

In my experience, theres nothing quite like it when you hear the turbos spooling up, the boost hits and you go into warp drive!:eek:

Talk about the 'iron fist in the velvet glove'.

My RS6 V10TT is faster than my 2009 LP560-4 and a very comfortable cruiser 'sleeper' as well.:kiss:
But it doesn't have the 'gee, look at that" I get when go into the garage that the G provides.

Would I buy an EV no. I have driven a Tesla P100D on the track. Well engineered car. Also on a jaguar car drivers day, paced three tesla p100D's driving in ludicrous+ mode with my RS6 behind them. All very fast, handled well and I had to move the RS6 to keep up with them on first couple of laps, but passed them all and lapped them after three laps.

Back in the pits, I asked what happened to their tesla's. They said all went into 'limp mode' as their batteries overheated due to the repeated cycles of discharge on flat out acceleration and recharge on hard braking. There was nothing in the online manual about driving on a race circuit.:eek:

I am sure that as battery technology progress's this 'challenge' for road cars will be overcome as it has for the e-tron race cars.

A V10 lambo with hybrid power, would consider but running out of garage space, understanding wife and time:).

cheers,
john

1 - 9 of 9 Posts