Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
How did the naysayers react to your dream car when you finally bought it? To all those who discouraged it, saying it was a frivolous expense, not being a useful thing or those who said it was impossible to achieve? This not a thread where you keep your car a secret from family members, friends, employees, co-workers etc., I have made a thread for that so check the link below, this is a thread about those who didn't believe in you and it's about if they changed their opinion or not.

Before I bought my current car :

Can't speak for a Lambo yet but I remember when I started talking about a Lambo dream to my mother just a few years ago she had a story of a local guy, I remember him, who moved to the US made it big in silicon valley and it was also his dream but when he climbed in a Lambo he was too tall and couldn't buy it even though he had plenty of money. Months later when I told her I was going to buy a C7 she didn't have the same attitude saying it wasn't a good idea, a waste of money, it wasn't useful, roads not drivable etc.

The mother in law said I had welfare dreams...

My GF threw several fits, I won't go into details(my story is already in the wife thread) but it was horrible plus saying she wouldn't ride in it.

After buying the car :

My mother didn't say much but she said, well if you can afford it... When I showed her the car she found it beautiful, luxurious, low to the ground fast! She was proud I had achieved success. After that I didn't really mention I was on a mission for a Huracan in the near future. My aunt loved it! she was proud, she loved the fast ride around town. Her husband who I worked with when I was a young apprentice seemed a little bit aloof even though he's a car guy and owns a Mustang convertible and a Toyota MR2 Spyder. I think he was a little jealous and didn't say much. My aunt had a frown when I pulled 2 Lambo die casts from the trunk and pulled the hot Wheels Huracan from my pocket and told her it was my next goal, I doubt she believed it.

The mother in law, I only see her on Christmas she didn't say anything, the year after she asked her daughter why I hadn't showed her the car. I'm glad I'm living the welfare dream!

The GF at first wasn't thrilled with a more choice words but at the end of the summer she patted the dash and said she would miss the car so much when it had to go into storage for the winter. I took her out on many day trips on the weekends which helped her appreciate it and she was amazed we were getting everywhere so damn quick! She knows about the Lambo, I talk about it weekly with all the die cast hunt and collection I'm into including the building blocks. She doesn't approve the enormous expense but no more bad words.

So what are your stories?

P.S At a drive through this summer a guy saw the Huracan die cast on the dash of my work van and said that's a dream and pointing to my truck that's your reality. I replied no it's not a dream but a goal.

·
Registered
815 Posts
I just don't talk about my cars. I rarely show them to anyone I know. I sent a pic of one to a 'friend' in CA, realized he was friends with some employees at a client of mine, he showed them the pic....lost that client within a few weeks.
I don't have naysayers because I don't talk about it. The would be naysayers don't say anything because they never see the cars.
And I don't even have a Lamborghini yet, this is just from my Lotus/BMW/Trackhawk/Raptor etc. I actually just traded my Raptor for a Sierra (more expensive truck ironically) because I was getting snide comments from clients.

·
Premium Member
1,075 Posts
Naysayers in my circle are just jealous people. Nothing will change jelly minded people & I don't make any effort to change them too. I enjoy my cars, my life, my hard earned money, and if they aren't happy with it, I don't care, life goes on 🤣 Need to be cold as ice to weed of pesky bugs :p

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
How did the naysayers react to your dream car when you finally bought it? To all those who discouraged it, being a frivolous expense, not being a useful thing or those who said it was impossible to achieve?

Before I bought my current car :

Can't speak for a Lambo yet but I remember when I started talking about a Lambo dream to my mother just a few years ago she had a story of a local guy, I remember him, who moved to the US made it big in silicon valley and it was also his dream but when he climbed in a Lambo he was too tall and couldn't buy it even though he had plenty of money. Months later when I told her I was going to buy a C7 she didn't have the same attitude saying it wasn't a good idea, a waste of money, it wasn't useful, roads not drivable etc.

The mother in law said I had welfare dreams...

My GF threw several fits, I won't go into details(my story is already in the wife thread) but it was horrible plus saying she wouldn't ride in it.

After buying the car :

My mother didn't say much but she said, well if you can afford it... When I showed her the car she found it beautiful, luxurious, low to the ground fast! She was proud I had achieved success. After that I didn't really mention I was on a mission for a Huracan in the near future. My aunt loved it! she was proud, she loved the fast ride around town. Her husband who I worked with when I was a young apprentice seemed a little bit aloof even though he's a car guy and owns a Mustang convertible and a Toyota MR2 Spyder. I think he was a little jealous and didn't say much. My aunt had a frown when I pulled 2 Lambo die casts from the trunk and pulled the hot Wheels Huracan from my pocket and told her it was my next goal, I doubt she believed it.

The mother in law, I only see her on Christmas she didn't say anything, the year after she asked her daughter why I hadn't showed her the car. I'm glad I'm living the welfare dream!

The GF at first wasn't thrilled with a more choice words but at the end of the summer she patted the dash and said she would miss the car so much when it had to go into storage for the winter. I took her out on many day trips on the weekends which helped her appreciate it and she was amazed we were getting everywhere so damn quick! She knows about the Lambo, I talk about it weekly with all the die cast hunt and collection I'm into including the building blocks. She doesn't approve the enormous expense but no more bad words.

So what are your stories?

P.S At a drive through this summer a guy saw the Huracan die cast on the dash of my work van and said that's a dream and pointing to my truck that's your reality. I replied no it's not a dream but a goal.
You might be interested in this thread too

·
Registered
2006 Gallardo SE
172 Posts
everyone that knows me knows I'm car mad - when I got the Lambo I actually found it hard to tell people - for the first time I thought about keeping it low key, but I knew once people found out they would have slapped me silly for not telling them!

A Lambo in Australia is a huge deal, but I spent what LOTS of people here spend on Toyota SUV's (I bought the second cheapest Lambo around, but its a great example & prices have gone up by $30,000 since I bought it earlier this year.
Everyone loves it, most people have never seen a Gallardo here, my boss loved it. He was the first person I took for a ride, all he could do was stare at it as he walked around it exclaiming "Spaceship, Spaceship - its a F___EN Spaceship!" LOL
I havent had any Naysayers, most people were in disbelief that I could pull this off - I still have trouble believing it myself.
Oh yeah, I was tempted to buy a nice model Gallardo, but no - I wanted my first Lamborghini of any description to be a real one.
Cheers,
Andrew

·
Registered
SL #7007
438 Posts
:ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Naysayers in my circle are just jealous people. Nothing will change jelly minded people & I don't make any effort to change them too. I enjoy my cars, my life, my hard earned money, and if they aren't happy with it, I don't care, life goes on 🤣 Need to be cold as ice to weed of pesky bugs :p
Watashi mo!

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
So much win

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
The only person who's opinion matters to me is the wife and she is very much a car person. So no naysayers here.

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
18,648 Posts
I only told those people that love me unconditionally. No judgment.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
When I got done with college… none of my loved ones ever doubted what I could do in life. They know I’m stubborn, smart…. AND persistent. A pit bull.

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
Screw the naysayers. If your GF does not you to own one then maybe she is what needs replacing. Reaching the point of success to own one (or several) Lambos is a great personal achievement. Many people will NEVER reach that point due to fear, lack of motivation or lack of hard work. Seeing you in the lambo just reminds them of their personal failures. It is much easier to be a naysayer than admit you did not do what it takes to succeed. Now if they are naysayers because you are financing a large part of the car, I am right there with them. If you pay cash or the lions share in cash then drive on proudly brothers. Lee

·
Premium Member
18,648 Posts
Screw the naysayers. If your GF does not you to own one then maybe she is what needs replacing. Reaching the point of success to own one (or several) Lambos is a great personal achievement. Many people will NEVER reach that point due to fear, lack of motivation or lack of hard work. Seeing you in the lambo just reminds them of their personal failures. It is much easier to be a naysayer than admit you did not do what it takes to succeed. Now if they are naysayers because you are financing a large part of the car, I am right there with them. If you pay cash or the lions share in cash then drive on proudly brothers. Lee
I couldn't agree more! Well said Lee.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Ha just got my Christmas card early and she wrote (Translated from French) " I wish you the real car because you deserve it. You work hard and nice work will be rewarded". I told her now I have proof so don't change your mind again. I showed her the RC Lambos and die cast I've amassed during the summer and she gasped, I'm telling you I'll be part of that Italian car parade some day.

Seriously whatever naysayers say or act in my mind I've reached the point of no return. I saw a sales rep Friday and wished me a nice 2 week holiday vacation and I replied I haven't taken a vacation since I opened the biz because I have objectives. A few minutes later the warehouse guy who's a a smidge envious/jealous of my vette said something similar. The warehouse also closes and I said to him no I work these next 2 weeks when everyone else is closed. His eyes lit up, ahh I see you're making money. I think he's getting the picture a little bit better.

·
Premium Member
18,648 Posts
I’m always working when my competitors are sleeping.

Reactions: Devo

·
Premium Member
1,075 Posts
No vacation for me either. Work till next year :) I guess I'll just hop in my cars & have a quick vacation there🤣

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
Hey Russ, How you been? I am finally building my house and new shop. It took 2 years to get the permit. Shop had to be connected to the house and reduced to 3200 sq ft to pass. I am making it fully AC and heated. I should have a new home for the ladies in about 3 to 4 months. Luzifer, you need to bite the bullet and buy one. They are going to do nothing but go up. The corvette is cool but is is still just a corvette. You are ready bro.
My wife supports me in everything I do. Any woman that does not want you to realize your dreams should be left at the curb. The good ones will be happy you are succeeding. (just make sure and buy them some nice diamonds) Merry Christmas to all.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts