Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Everyone has their story on how they fell in love with Lamborghinis. For me it was growing up in Greece, my uncle used to have a Miura SV. Black inside and out, the most gorgeus car in town. Everytime he fired it up all the kids, including me, would come running to just drull over it. I remember the rush I would get when he would take me for drives on the winding mountain roads. One night when I was about 12 years old, we went to the market place. It was already late and there was very few cars in the parking lot, so he let me drive around for a while. But of course, being 12 years old and being put behind the wheel of a Muira, I got a little carried away, but my uncle was very understanding. Thats how it started for me, anyone else got a story worth telling?

·
Registered
4,610 Posts
I had Ferraris for years, dating back to the old 308,328,348, 355 355 f-1 and sevral 360's......

Then one summer day in 2002 my 360 won't come out of F-1 gear again, and for the FIFTH time in two months it was flat bed to the local dealer....KNOWING this was a lemon car I asked to have it replaced......they refused....I was PISSED to say the least not to mention I had paid WAY over for this car and had it less than two months........

Well a friend of mine living in Salt Lake City, UT was talking to me and asked if I had ever tried a LAMBO.......not only did I not KNOW a thing about them but I had really never heard of them other than the Countach which for the most part I thought was just urban legend...

He said we have a dealer here in town....they have a car...you should try it. Well I called them and they offered a 01 6.0SE.....saying they would pay my airfair...pick me up...ship to Seattle free......and give me TOP dollar for my Ferrari trade in AND pick it up from Seattle FREE......

So off to Salt Lake I went......when I arrived there were two cars there..the Brown 6.0SE and a used 98 Diablo.....RED........I took the 6.0SE out....I honestly think I got maybe 1/2 mile away when I said SOLD.........

I paid 198K for it while getting 202k trade on my POS Ferrari....Then we were arranging shipping.......I looked at my friend...said you up to a drive to SEATTLE.......Hell yes!!!!! Jumped in the car and had the best next 1800 miles I have ever had to date..........To date NOT a problem with ANY of my lambos......

LAMBO man for ever!!!!!!!

The real funny thing is Ferrari ALWAYS calls you after the car has been in Service for a survey..done by an outsource company......F owners know what I mean.......well I still get calls on the car after its been worked on in L.A.....then Dallas......and just last month from FLORIDA!!!!!! and it STILL is the same problem....F-1 Sticking........IT WAS AND STILL IS A LEMON!!!

They should have taken care of me right away..I bought well over 18 cars in 12 years....but now I am gone......COVERT all you F car users!!!! :wave:

·
Registered
13 Posts
hmmm.... not nearly so interesting as Roy's tale, but for me it was as simple as turning 16, getting a book of foreign-car data, and learning that the hottest thing on the road that year was a Lam-bor-gh,gh-eenee.

The seed was planted. When the day in life came that the money was in the bank nothing else really had a chance.

Roy knows that chapter one in this story ended on a down note, but I'm still alive, and I'm NOT through with Lamborghini!

·
Registered
464 Posts
Im sure most started when they fist saw a pic of the C/T.
It was love at first site.. those were the good old days of Lambo

·
Registered
116 Posts
As a grade schooler I would spend all my allowance on car models and subscriptions to Rod and Custom and Hot Rod. In one of the issues there was a picture of the proposed Countach production model. In a time when most automotive design was (imo) boring, I just knew if they built it I had to have it. Fast forward to my teenage years and a friend asked me if I'd like to go to his uncles shop where he worked on Italian cars maybe he'd take us for a ride. Of course I immediately thought Lamborghini which all of us teenage car nuts knew was the final word when it came to Italian sports cars. Any way we got to the uncles shop and he offered to take us to the beach in a Maserati he wanted to road test. I stuffed myself in behind the seats and off we went. The uncle probably got tired of us saying faster, faster(this was a customers car after all) so just as we headed into the Malibu tunnel he says ok and drops into 2nd and hits the gas. After that I only remember two things, the glorious sound, and not shifting out of second gear till we passed over 75 mph. I am still working toward getting my Lambo after 40 years.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Well for me its started out with a Lamborghini Countach R/C, which I accidently run into a puddle of water. :D Anyways, I always like the way the coutach looked, so ahead of its time. When I finally get the internet, I started looking for Countach pictures. Then I saw there was another Lamborghini model, called Diablo. I clicked on that link, and that car wowed me like no other car has. I spend the next 2 months getting everything I could about it. Now I just look up videos and pictures. I have never seen a car that grabbed my attention anymore than the diablo. I love this car. Perhaps in 10 years I'll own one...

·
Registered
203 Posts
It all started with the need for speed hot pursuit 2 game. The diablo SV got me and I decided that Lamborghini would be from then on and forever my favorite. I've been sucked into it and I'm only 15. I hope someday to be able to get the top of the line Lambo whatever it may be at the time.

·
Registered
323 Posts
When i was 5 my dad went to a local cardealer because i liked cars and they had a 91 red diablo standing there next to a red ferrari F40, i only looked at the lambo and wasnt interested in the F40. Since then lamborghini is my favourite make and diablo of course my favourite model :)

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Interesting Thread Acutually because it REALLY makes some of us think back, way back...:)

I was a Porsche Mechanic Apprentice in the very early 70's...and right up the street 2 blocks was "Vito's Italian Car Service" on Lincoln Blvd in Santa Monica...I had to pass Vito's place everyday on my way to work...the lot was always full of WILD Italian Machines, so exotic to me as such a young man that I could only stare and wonder ... on occasion at night on my way home Vito would be running & revving some of these incredible engines...thesound was so powerful and exotic......I was used to the sound of 4's & 6's...and to hear the Italian 12's was fasinating and alluring.....intoxicating to my young curious soul.

Then in 72 I went to the Monterey Historics for the first time with one of my German Mentors....as sweet asthe 904's, 908's and 917's were I found myself looking at, watching, and photographing the Italian Cars...both Ferrari and Lamborghini...thelines, the beauty, THE SOUND...man I was hopelessly HOOKED!!!!

I just couldn't get those Italians Cars out of my head , passing by Vito's everyday didn't help....about a year later I started dropping by Vito's on a weekly basis as a visator and began bugging him for a job as an apprentice, after about 6 months he finally caved in and took me under his wing and allowed me to actually touch THE MOST EXOTIC SPORTS CARS ON EARTH....

I've never looked back....:)

·
Registered
101 Posts
I was about 7 or 8 years old and my mom had just picked me up in her car after a soccer match in a tournament called Norway Cup. On the way out of the tourney area the traffic went very slow.
My mom knew I loved cars, and told me to turn around and look at the car behind us. So I did. The only thing I saw was two doors in the air. My eyes almost dropped out. I climbed up on my knees in the seat at looked on a white Lamborghini Countach with both of the doors open.

It was a sight that could have killed me. After that day Lamborghini was "my" car. That was the car of my dream.

But then The Diablo arrived... Wow! Fantastic car! "Thats the car I want" It had it all, the looks, the speed, the respect... It was like being in love!
That was the car of my dream!

And then the Murcielago was made... What should I do?? At the beginning I didnt like The Murcielago too much. And the Diablo was the king. But then I started loving it more and more... Without notice it, the Murcielago was now the car of my dream!

Dont get me wrong, I still loved all the Lamborghini cars, but if I one day should buy one "...it had to be a Murcielago" I said.

Then after a while, I got my eyes on a sweeeeet Diablo SV, and then it was back to diablo again.

And the Miura is offcourse one of the top "I-want"- list, the Gallardo is BEAUTIFUL too.... LOL... This has no end!

Conclusion is:
No mather what Lamborghini I will buy in the future, I will love it as my own child, because their all fantastic cars!

P.S My goal is ofcourse to have them all... mohahah!

·
Registered
24 Posts
It started for me when I was 9 years old growing up in Scottsdale, Arizona. The year was 1972 and, while in our family station wagon with my parents, we pulled up behind a silver car that completely mesmorized me - I remember how low slung and utterly flat it was and I also remember it had a flat, vertical pane of glass covering the rear of the body work. I asked my father what kind of car it was and his reply was, "I don't know, but I do know it's definitely Italian!". Of course I later learned that I was looking at a silver Espada. That was it for me. While I have a great appreciation for all marques of high-end automobiles, the Lamborghini has always been at the top of the food chain, so to speak. Of course, I made a promise to myself at a very young age that I would someday own one of these awesome machines and made it a point to study and learn all I could as the years went by about anything and everything to do with Automobili Lamborghini. All through high school, college and even all during my adult life I always kept a picture of a Lamborghini taped to the inside door of my medicine chest, no matter where I lived, with a note attached to it that read "I will own one of these someday". I never let my dream fade and eventually purchased my first Lambo, a 1984 Jalpa, just days before my 35th birthday. Since then, I've moved on to a 1986 Countach Downdraft qv, then to a 1994 Diablo VT and now, a 1999 Diablo SV resides in my garage. I am so committed in supporting the company that my daily drivers are a 2004 Audi A4, 2005 Audi A8 and a 2003 VW Eurovan (Multi Van in Europe). For all those who dream of owning a Lamborghini one day - never, ever give up!

·
Registered
91 Posts
My background is engineering and I've always had a fascination for German sportscars for their engineering marvel. Never gave much thought to Lambos and assumed they're 'just' wild-looking machines and nothing more. Then I was introduced to a friend's Diablo and after listening to him talk about his car and reading more about the history of Lamborghini I felt that there was something special here. I found they weren't built just to turn heads but truly every Lamborghini ever built were special. Theres definitely a lot of soul and substance behind the looks. Have been fascinated eversince. I still love Porsches but the Murcielago is the car I must have in two years time even if it costs half a million bucks over here. Ferraris on the other hand just don't inspire me.

·
Premium Member
84 Posts
How it started

1st I had a Vette and then a Pantera passed me. So I had to have one. While driving my Pantera, a Ferrari 308 passed me, so I had to have one.While driving my Ferrari, a Lamborghini Countach passed me, so I had to have one. While driving my Countach, a Diablo passed me ....you know the rest of the story. Now nobody passes me!

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
lambo128 said:
1st I had a Vette and then a Pantera passed me. So I had to have one. While driving my Pantera, a Ferrari 308 passed me, so I had to have one.While driving my Ferrari, a Lamborghini Countach passed me, so I had to have one. While driving my Countach, a Diablo passed me ....you know the rest of the story. Now nobody passes me!

HaHaHaHa....!!!!!!!!! :salut:

:cheers:

·
Registered
568 Posts
My story starts back in 1985 when I 8 years old. My parents were driving me to a soccer game (match for the European guys) on the other side of town when at a Y intersection a Black on Black Jalpa with a wing pulled out in all its glory. The car had an aftermarket exhaust ( I know now because mine has a stock exhaust and makes almost no sound) and it roared as it pulled away. However, the first I noticed was that the sun was reflecting off of the car more than any other I had ever seen. You almost could not look at the car it was so bright!

Later after the game the team was at the DQ located across from the fields and in drive the Jalpa. I very young man got out with a beautiful woman and when to get some icecream. Everyone there just looked in amazement.

As I got older I found that seeing exotics in my town and area was quite normal, but it was the first time I had noticed one and it was great.

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
My passion started over 20 years ago, it was a comparison test of the 1983 available 12-cylinder cars, 2 jags, 2 F-cars (412, 512bbi) and the LP500s Countach.
Since then I'm a Countach-fan, but in the end my first lambo was my Jalpa I bought in April 2000, I drove meanwhile for about 30'000 Kilometers.
The Countach followed in June 2001 with only 11'800Km on the odo, meanwhile it has 38t Km.
Gives me a total of 60t Km Lambo-driving :D

·
Registered
195 Posts
My passion started when I was about 7 years old playing trump cards.
I remember that I'd always pray that the Countach 500 would be on my hand.
Then I'd use it to trump the other guy.
However, owning one did not come untill my ripe old age of 32.
Now I am the owner of a 1995 Diablo with a SV hood.
Before that I had owned ;
190E MB (Yes I did have that car and I could not remember myself overtaking any buses or even trams)
450 SEL 6.9 (Dad's car)
300 E (Mom's car then it became mine)
911 SC
928 S2
911 Turbo 3.3 Ruf
348 TB F car

·
Registered
78 Posts
Roy Converted Me!

Roy took me out for a drive in his light blue Murcie and I haven't thought of anything else since then! I was going to purchase his 2003 Red/Tan Murcie but he sold it before I got back to him. Now I am about ready to pull the trigger on a 2003 Dark Blue/Cream Murcie and am very excited about it.

So my 2004 360 Spider will be gone and I am now a Lambo guy. Can't wait to take it out on The Player's Run this summer. Woohooo!

·
Registered
138 Posts
When I was about 15, I saw a picture of a Lamborghini and I thought to myself "WHOA, thats awesome" and then I soon realized just how expensive this car actually was. So at the young age of 16, I started saving. My parents saw how much I wanted it and saved every dime and they even pitched in some funds. When I was about 27 I had in the neighborhood of 27k saved up from working and just throwing everything into the bank. Now, at 32, I have my 01 Diablo and am loving every minute of it and all the work as paid off greatly!!

1 - 20 of 36 Posts