Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Not sure if Im posting in the right section but thought I'd ask as I wait for the right Huracan come up.

How did your guys' life change when you bought your first Lambo? Or did things stay pretty much the same?

I'll be coming from my econobox daily driver and have had a Porsche a while ago but I'm guessing things are different with a Lambo. I didn't drive the Porsche much and most of my friends never saw it but I'd be driving the H a lot more. Did you lose any friends? Did you make more friends? Did it motivate you to work harder? Did people see you differently?

Curious to know peoples experience!

·
Registered
2009 LP560-4
136 Posts
Hasn’t changed anything. It’s a toy but it doesn’t define me. However, I do love it. It makes me smile when I get to take it out on the weekend and go to sleep happy when I peek into the garage before bed. I’ve also made some great friends from attending events. Would a Lambo be required to get any of those things? Probably not, but I’m sure my networking has improved lol.

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
21,066 Posts
Hasn’t changed anything. It’s a toy but it doesn’t define me. However, I do love it. It makes me smile when I get to take it out on the weekend and go to sleep happy when I peek into the garage before bed. I’ve also made some great friends from attending events. Would a Lambo be required to get any of those things? Probably not, but I’m sure my networking has improved lol.
Exactly the same as Yellow.

Reactions: Durden77 and jdkevo

·
Registered
SL #7007
1,021 Posts
Same as YellowCarG, I love my SL. I went from an M3, to a GTR, to an R8, to my SL. I've always wanted an SL and I love driving it but its hasn't changed my life in any way. I didn't get a Lambo to change my life or get more attention. I don't see why a Lambo would make you lose or gain friends. Id go to car meets in the GTR or R8 and speak with the same amount of people. Its not more or less because of a Lambo. It did not motivate me to work harder. I've worked my ass off my whole life and I will continue to do so.

LOL, I will say the only time Ive experienced being seen differently is at Javier's in Newport. My wife and I go almost every Sunday. When I had the R8, when I would pull up to the valet there was no rush. The first time we pulled up in the SL, valet ran to us, and the manager walked us directly to a table when before we would check in and wait to be called. LMAO!!!!

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
15,672 Posts
OP, Lamborghini's, like most sports cars, are a lot of fun but never transformative.

Addendum: "Did you lose any friends? Did you make more friends? Did it motivate you to work harder? Did people see you differently?" No, no, no and NO. I am by nature a driven, motivated person, and alas, it has nothing to do with stuff outside of me..............

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Biggest change in my life is that I now have less spending money ;)

My Lamborghini (and Bentley) didn't change any existing relationships. Most people in my life don't seem to care one way or the other. I am not a person that gives much thought to what other people think concerning my choices. Maybe I just don't notice. Sorry, but anyone who has strong opinions about what I buy, and how I live my life, can go [email protected]$# themselves. I am always happy to take good advice, but don't give much weight to judgement. Maybe it is a generation X thing?....

On the positive side, I have made a lot of friends through ownership. I meet a lot of people with similar interests going to car related events and socializing with other owners. Always like a person who can chat exotic cars for hours on end. Show up at a car event with an old Lamborghini, and those types tend to wander over. Some of them have become good friends.

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
21,066 Posts
People are all of a sudden interested in my occupation (mostly men). I still get butterflies. It’s a dream come true. More responsibility comes with it but the car didn’t change me.
That seems to be the most common question I get, "what do you do?". I wish I could tell them something exciting, but I usually just say nothing special.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Biggest change in my life is that I now have less spending money ;)

My Lamborghini (and Bentley) didn't change any existing relationships. Most people in my life don't seem to care one way or the other. I am not a person that gives much thought to what other people think concerning my choices. Maybe I just don't notice. Sorry, but anyone who has strong opinions about what I buy, and how I live my life, can go [email protected]$# themselves. I am always happy to take good advice, but don't give much weight to judgement. Maybe it is a generation X thing?....

On the positive side, I have made a lot of friends through ownership. I meet a lot of people with similar interests going to car related events and socializing with other owners. Always like a person who can chat exotic cars for hours on end. Show up at a car event with an old Lamborghini, and those types tend to wander over. Some of them have become good friends.

Makes sense. Definitely looking forward to meeting others that have a passion for cars

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
I disagree somewhat with what some say here.

My first Lambo was transformative. I never experienced attention with a car before. I'm an extrovert so I took to the attention at stride.

Car folks really loved it. Chicks don't usually hit on dudes as a general rule, so it was a rare occasion when some woman would approach me, though it did (and does) happen on occasion. Now, however, I'm married and buried with children! LOL!

If ever there was a "material thing" that was really a joy to own, it is a Lamborghini. At the very least you bring smiles to all the kids at the gas stations!

As far as my self esteem, it made me proud of my accomplishment. How many people in the world have the opportunity to own and love their very own Lamborghini?

Anyways Lambos are special and you will find out for yourself how true this is.

They hate us, 'cause they ain't us......

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
15,672 Posts
It is true these cars get attention. In fact, today I was driving around and realized I had not paired my new iPhone with my EVO so I pulled into the first parking lot I found which happened to be the parking lot of a Christian Academy. I managed to park away from most of the cars to pair my iPhone and two girls came out of the Academy and asked to take pictures with the car. Then I left that location and drove around for a while and parked again and as soon as I got out of the EVO a women asked to take pictures of the car and proceeded to tell me her whole life story. So, yes, Lamborghini's do get a fair amount of attention and some adoration.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
To those who have lost friends because you bought an expensive car was it because they were envious of your wallet or are they envious you became successful enough to be able to afford it?

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
I can't speak for being a Lambo owner but I can speak of owning a sports car that's out of the realm of most. Before owning the car I was drab and depressed because I didn't have any money without real objectives but when I was able to afford it my mood soared and with this new energy my way of thinking business wise started to improve. This opportunity made me realize even more I had to stop thinking like an employee, stop thinking or acting like those cheap businesses that surround me. I had to get ahead and I'm doing it now. This turned into a new Lambo objective and I'm amazed every month the plan is working. It's not easy and I endure crap every other day but I'm on the way!

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Always thought this was a myth since most women can't tell the difference between a Lambo and shiny BMW. But good to know!
Based on what I've seen on the street, the majority of women will not even glance at a supercar. It's just another car and not their thing just like when my girlfriend asks about makeup, which one looks better. Would you believe a a lot of women spend thousands of dollars every month on products and we just don't care.

You should look up vinwiki video "Here's how non-car people think about cars", you'll love it! "This can be red" is the funniest thing I've heard!

1 - 20 of 88 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.