Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is only one Lamborghini dealer in my country (Portugal), and they don't seem too sure about anything.

Firstly, they told me almost certainty all new EVOs this year will arrive with the filter. That does not match with my online searches, that the EVO won't have the filter until next year at the earliest.

Secondly, they told me there is no way to muffle a NA V10, so the filter is no issue. I very much doubt that. My M4 sounds terribly muted next to another M4 without the filter.

Thirdly, how can I be damn sure my car doesn't have one when the time to pick up arrives? Where should I look at to find those filters?

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
16,195 Posts
Great question, but I don't think anyone can answer it with any degree of certainty. It seems that most people agree that the GPF will hit the Euro market before the USA, again not confirmed. What we do know is USA does not have it on any 2021 models. No idea of r 2022 yet, at least nothing confirmed either way.

·
Premium Member
1,386 Posts
There are pictures here that show exhaust with it on. They are pretty big and think you would be able to see through back
grille

·
Premium Member
16,195 Posts
There are pictures here that show exhaust with it on. They are pretty big and think you would be able to see through back
grille
I would love to see a pic if anyone has one.

Reactions: Srac

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD
4,660 Posts
@Srac, the GPF does in fact, unequivocally, affect/muffle the sound that combined with the back pressure it creates is not good for ICE longevity. The Lamborghinis' made for the China apparently already have said filter and European models although a date certain hasn't been circulated there is expressed concern that its addition is imminent. What I have seen one European forum member do is get a written assurance from the dealership that if their Lamborghini (EVO?) arrives with a GPF the deal would be null and void, and their deposit would be refundable. That is an approach that would be optimal if, and only if, you have an "amenable" dealership.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
@Srac, the GPF does in fact, unequivocally, affect/muffle the sound that combined with the back pressure it creates is not good for ICE longevity. The Lamborghinis' made for the China apparently already have said filter and European models although a date certain hasn't been circulated there is expressed concern that its addition is imminent. What I have seen one European forum member do is get a written assurance from the dealership that if their Lamborghini (EVO?) arrives with a GPF the deal would be null and void, and their deposit would be refundable. That is an approach that would be optimal if, and only if, you have an "amenable" dealership.
Only 6 Lamborghinis were sold in Portugal last year. I feel like that makes the dealership say whatever I want to hear to score a sale. I will do everything in my reach to not have an EVO fitted with that filter.

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD
4,660 Posts
Only 6 Lamborghinis were sold in Portugal last year. I feel like that makes the dealership say whatever I want to hear to score a sale. I will do everything in my reach to not have an EVO fitted with that filter.
That is what I would label an ultra small market. What is the demand for Lamborghinis' in Portugal (probably low)? I suspect that would make for tough negotiations with the dealership. Nevertheless, I would still ask if they would put something in writing to give you a back door, doesn't hurt to ask............Good luck!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That is what I would label an ultra small market. What is the demand for Lamborghinis' in Portugal (probably low)? I suspect that would make for tough negotiations with the dealership. Nevertheless, I would still ask if they would put something in writing to give you a back door, doesn't hurt to ask............Good luck!
Thanks.

Small country, only 10.3 million people. Just for comparison sake, last year were sold 831 Porches, 30 Ferraris, 21 Bentleys, 15 Lamborghinis (sorry, was wrong before about the number 6 before), 7 Aston Martins, and 7 Maseratis.

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD
4,660 Posts
@Srac, what are the roads and Law Enforcement like in Portugal? Here in Texas the State Troopers are on a mission so I do all my spirited drives on the backroads.

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Thanks.

Small country, only 10.3 million people. Just for comparison sake, last year were sold 831 Porches, 30 Ferraris, 21 Bentleys, 15 Lamborghinis (sorry, was wrong before about the number 6 before), 7 Aston Martins, and 7 Maseratis.
The Portuguese dealer is wrong about the muffling of sound with a NA V10. Listen to video of the new R8 with GPF it sounds like ass. Turbo cars like your M4 sound even worse. Heard the cold start of an F8 IRL and it was an immediate deal breaker. No way I can live with that pathetic sound. You should make sure you have an out clause if your EVO has GPF and if the sound is unsatisfactory to you.

BTW Portugal is a beutiful country. I traveled from Lisbon down the coast to Lagos and then across to Seville. Lovely coastline you must have some epic drives.

Do you ever get to Portimao?

·
Registered
181 Posts
I had the old R8 without GPF and now have the new one with GPF.

To be honest, the GPF doesn't make the car that much quieter, on the R8 the issues are the software-changes (rev limiter, closed exhaust-flaps while driving, no more backfire / crackles and so on).

So i did a mod that my exhaust flaps an now always open and that changed the sound A LOT.
I would say the GPF only reduces the sound about 15-20% and makes it a bit more muffled (old R8 had more of a high pitched sound).

So in my opinion the GPF is not a deal breaker, as long as it does not come combined with software-changes.

(Side note: i am not sure if the above picture really shows an EVO exhaust, but if so, it has 4 GPFs, the new R8 only has 2. Also that would make the car about 50KGs heavier than previous versions, maybe that's how you could tell in advance if it will come with or without GPFs?)

Reactions: Srac

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
@Srac, what are the roads and Law Enforcement like in Portugal? Here in Texas the State Troopers are on a mission so I do all my spirited drives on the backroads.
There are some terrible roads in urban areas but we have some of the best highways in the world and also some of the best spirited driving roads. I live 20 minutes from this #1 road on this website: Top 25 driving roads – World’s best driving experience | Avis

About Law enforcement... 🤷‍♂️ Not an huge issue. We know where all speed traps are on the highways due to Waze and there are barely any speed traps outside highways.

The Portuguese dealer is wrong about the muffling of sound with a NA V10. Listen to video of the new R8 with GPF it sounds like ass. Turbo cars like your M4 sound even worse. Heard the cold start of an F8 IRL and it was an immediate deal breaker. No way I can live with that pathetic sound. You should make sure you have an out clause if your EVO has GPF and if the sound is unsatisfactory to you.

BTW Portugal is a beutiful country. I traveled from Lisbon down the coast to Lagos and then across to Seville. Lovely coastline you must have some epic drives.

Do you ever get to Portimao?
I've driven literally all over the country, top to bottom, side to side :cool:. We really have some amazing roads and coastline.

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD
4,660 Posts
There are some terrible roads in urban areas but we have some of the best highways in the world and also some of the best spirited driving roads. I live 20 minutes from this #1 road on this website: Top 25 driving roads – World’s best driving experience | Avis
Looks like a blast. I lived in SF CA and drove "Coast Highway 1" many times, man was that incredible as well. Some great places to really enjoy these road rockets all over the world!

·
Premium Member
16,195 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Looks like a blast. I lived in SF CA and drove "Coast Highway 1" many times, man was that incredible as well. Some great places to really enjoy these road rockets all over the world!
how do you deal with speed limits in u.s. ,nobody checks them on those locations? how does it work driving enjoyable generally? I really have no idea so I'm asking.

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD
4,660 Posts
how do you deal with speed limits in u.s. ,nobody checks them on those locations? how does it work driving enjoyable generally? I really have no idea so I'm asking.
On the main highways you have to be mighty careful because the State Troopers are out and about and on mission. Even though there are Texas highways that have 85mph speed limits it's still hard to have that much fun but on the backroads of Texas I can go flat out and not worry. The roads in my part of Texas, for the most part, are excellent and it is a great place to have a road rocket. Now having said that I would love to drive the Autobahn some day........maybe take a European delivery and have some fun.

·
Premium Member
1,386 Posts
I go out on group rides where we find highways with no traffic and have cars go ahead to scout for cops, then just send it :). My top speed so far with top down in new Evo

Reactions: Lambo2018

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
In my state police only use lasers and laser jammers are legal. Have them on all my sport cars. Huracan has 2 jammers in front 1 in back. Always run Waze which is ok in police alerts. Not always 100% accurate.

I belong to an invitation only exotic club. We have a retired police officer as a member and he knows the clear routes day of drive. We always send a scout car out first to make sure its clear as well.

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD
4,660 Posts
I go out on group rides where we find highways with no traffic and have cars go ahead to scout for cops, then just send it :). My top speed so far with top down in new Evo
Nice got my EVO up to 175mph so far, when in doubt flat out.........🏎

1 - 20 of 40 Posts